Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

The Best You Ever Had ;]
Default The Sin of Opinion. [Rant/Feedback]   #1  
Recently, someone brought to my attention that they didn't like what I had to say about the Japan Relief items. For reference, here is my opinion: I lovelove the concept of these items. Clever, cute and cool, specially the Seishin, Shimenawa, Kistune, Land of the Rising Sun, etc.
Where my opinion differs is in the shading of certain items like Kaji or the Ramune bottle. Constructive, the shadows aren't very eye-catching, or there needs to be more hilighted in areas.

That is it.

What is so wrong about this? That I dare have an opinion that may at all be a negative connotation towards Trisphee or the artists? That I dare be different? Think different?

I am appalled and dismayed that I had to be reprimanded for having my own opinion on something. For stating that opinion. And on Trisphee..! Really? This was my new home, it was wonderful, everyone was so kind, so welcoming and loving..then someone I never even met before goes and tells me that having an opinion is wrong and offensive. I didn't insult the artists by saying their work was a hideous pointless waste of time. Because it's not and that is an insult. All other avatar sites I have left because I was subjected to flames because I happened to have an opinion on something that went against the vast majority. I appreciate people who completely devote themselves in adoration to the mods or admins of avi sites, but when they go out of their way to crucify someone for thinking even slightly different, I'm just...really?

When in truth, ALL I have is an opinion. What I think doesn't automatically decide the value or validity of something. Nor does it really matter aside from the fact that I happen to think a certain way through the perception of my own reality. Mine and mine alone.

My largest peeve is being told that my opinion or my thoughts are wrong. And this just..really aggravated me.

The Trisphee artists are mature, calm adults. As artists, they have seen plenty of feedback that were less than complete and total praise and they know how to take that and either learn or respect it as opinion. They don't need to have their battles fought unknowingly for them, they're strong and smart people.

And just, all of this? Has really infuriated me because I never thought I wouldn't be allowed to have an opinion here. Not here. Not my home.

Quote:
And yes, exactly. Freedom of Speech, yes, thank you. I couldn't think of the phrase, but yes.
I have a God-given right to believe what I want to believe. No one has the power to tell me what I think or believe is wrong.
EDIT

TURNS OUT, my random PMer, POSTED it first. AHHAA. I didn't even know. Wow, ridiculous.

**11/25/2023**
I am Hobovampire everyone but here and I cannot for the life of me recall why. Sup.

Blaine says you should visit his:
Oh! The Possibilites: Art Shop~| Homeless Arts: Art Gallery |Splendida Giornata:Exchange Thread | Homeless Musings: Art Tumblr|

Last edited by Blaine; 03-18-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old Posted 03-18-2011, 06:55 PM  
Wanderer
-wince-

Uhm...right...I know who you're pissed at, but that's beside the point. By all means, give your opinion. I'm being blunt, but all artists, whatever their trade, should be firm enough on their own two feet that they can take criticism.

Said person, I'm not trying to call you out, but I'm with Blaine on this one. Sorry. Freedom of speech, you know?
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-18-2011, 07:08 PM  
The Best You Ever Had ;]
Default   #3  
You know who??? But how? D:
It was a pm...D:

And yes, exactly. Freedom of Speech, yes, thank you. I couldn't think of the phrase, but yes.
I have a God-given right to believe what I want to believe. No one has the power to tell me what I think or believe is wrong.

**11/25/2023**
I am Hobovampire everyone but here and I cannot for the life of me recall why. Sup.

Oh! The Possibilites: Art Shop~| Homeless Arts: Art Gallery |Splendida Giornata:Exchange Thread | Homeless Musings: Art Tumblr|

Old Posted 03-18-2011, 07:12 PM  
Wanderer
-points to the fact that Blaine got heavily bashed in a certain thread-
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 03-18-2011, 07:15 PM  
The Best You Ever Had ;]
Default   #5  
O nO;;;;;;;;;;;;;
I did?
On O;;;;;;;;;;;;;

**11/25/2023**

Old Posted 03-18-2011, 07:18 PM  
Webcomicker!
I didn't take what you said offensively. O: Even though I only made the t-shirts (from the Japan Pride) and Origami Cranes.

I feel bad about the whole situation. @o@ I guess I would just suggest choosing the words that you use to describe the feedback a little better? xD

-----------------------------------
CMYK
Last edited by Taiki; 03-18-2011 at 10:18 PM.
Old Posted 03-18-2011, 09:26 PM  
Dancing in the Rain
Default   #7  
Personally when I state my opinion I feel the need to say "I think" or "in my opinion" in almost every sentence or someone will act like I'm stating lies. People like to argue about things that can't be proven either way it seems. An opinion can't possibly be wrong. The only time I don't like people stating their opinion is if they make it sound insulting. I have a friend who's really blunt and just says it like it is, but even they don't say it rudely. Of course things online don't really have a vocal tone so to speak, you have to assume the person's tone by word choice. I think that's why I have more opinion fueled arguments online than in real life XD. I only get mad at someone when they act like their opinion is a fact though.
Last edited by Ashley; 03-18-2011 at 10:02 PM.
Old Posted 03-18-2011, 09:55 PM  
More More Magic
From what i've gathered, Blaine, it's not that you had an opinion but more of the words you chose to exclaim your opinion.

That said, I dunno...I always try to be kind even when disagreeing. I think you were trying to be kind with your choice of words but you never can know how something will effect someone else.

*hugs the situation*

ps. I think you were super wise to step back and breath instead of just fighting.

Last edited by .rousium; 03-18-2011 at 10:04 PM.
Old Posted 03-18-2011, 10:01 PM  
Self-proclaimed Non-Conversationalist
Default   #9  
I honestly have the same opinion as you O_o I just didn't say it :S

There's nothing wrong with saying it and though I haven't seen the original post or whatever, maybe it is the tone in which it was said. *shrugs*

Safe to say.. I do agree with you on the items and you points... but maybe there's more than one side to every story *shrugs*

Lucid loves Duchess and takes her signature virginity. <3
Ashy refuses to share Duchess with anyone D:<

Duchess is idol TRASH
Feel free to bully me about it

Old Posted 03-21-2011, 12:32 AM  
writing machine in bad repair
Okay, I'm going to close this thread before anything else is posted.

This whole thing is sort of over now.

Old Posted 03-21-2011, 09:59 AM  
Closed Thread