Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Heavenly Angel
Default Devastating Tsunami Hits Japan   #1  
A 8.9-magnitude earthquake has triggered a tsunami along Japan's north-eastern coastline, and scores are feared killed. Cars, boats, homes and people were swept away as fires burned out of control.

I watch a youtube video and like the whole city they were showing is flooded with sea water. Suck to live in Japan. Also they are closing the west coast beaches. West or east? LOL, I never get it right... D:

What do you think?
Old Posted 03-11-2011, 05:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Mmm.. I woke up this morning and after I got to class and turned on my Macbook, I saw the news on Twitter and then searched for a bit more information on Google.

It was said to hit the Canadian West coast (specifically Vancouver Island) around 0700 Pacific time (1000 Eastern time), I'm guessing it would be a little later with the West coast and Hawaii of the US since they're further south.

But yeah, overall, it definitely is a very sad tragedy. And I'm glad that world leaders all around the world have already long begun to help Japan take care of the power plant issue, send survival supplies and Red Cross type help that is much needed.

And I personally shall keep on praying for all those in trouble so that they may get back on their feet as quickly as possible. :3

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 03-11-2011, 08:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #3  
I have a cousin that lives and has a family in Japan. When I heard about this I started hoping that he was alright.

I remember the last time tragedy struck Asia.. my school sold these pins called the heart of Asia so they could collect money and send it to help the survivors. I bought one.. the pin part broke off but I kept the Heart. I put it on a necklace chain.

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 03-11-2011, 09:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
I got the news yesterday afternoon...and I'm really worried because my best friend and her family lives in Japan.

I feel sorry for the people missing and those who have lost their loved ones, I'll continue praying for them.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 03-11-2011, 09:21 PM Reply With Quote  
The Tragic Jester
Default   #5  
I am thinking of Japan fondly and hoping for a strong recovery.
Old Posted 03-12-2011, 03:56 AM Reply With Quote  
` Bark At The Moon
I'm scared to death for them! D8 Especially since three of my friends are there as a foreign exchange student. Though the news reports there were no Americans killed in either the Earthquake or Tsunami, I'm worried all to heck.
It seems like the Japanese were prepared for the earthquake. Somewhat prepared for the tsunami, but sooo not prepared for the power outage or 80+ fires. I feel really bad for them. I wish I could get the money to go up there and help out with rebuilding and stuff.
My dad tells me not to donate to the Japanese Red Cross though because "if you give them 100 dollars, 90 dollars of it goes to the workers, in any red cross."
Doubt that that's true. But y'know. At least it's something. :c
Currently questing: TEA TIME SET

{I'm a male u vu!}
Old Posted 03-12-2011, 12:47 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #7  

You know, though, Japan has been prepared for earthquakes more than America ever would. It's the tsunami that's really gone and devastated so much. And their government is already on top of getting people rescued, etc. It took America's government around 5 days to get down there and help. *rolls eyes* There aren't Japanese grouped on rooftops, fighting for attention from helicopters, people aren't mobbing stores in mass riots for supplies. They're calm, collected, and just sort of taking this one step at a time.

I do feel horrible for them. I hope the best for everyone over there, and I applaud them for how well the people are taking it.
A Fishy and .Rousi Quest
Animal Lover? Come join us!

Best people on earth can be found at the 10,000 Cat Paws Charity!

Gogo super kinspowers flowers and fish react!
Old Posted 03-12-2011, 02:38 PM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
I'm very worried. My best friend has family in Japan. D:

But, a lot of people are being really rude and ignorant about this. People are dying and here's something someone showed me:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...9932636934.jpg
Old Posted 03-13-2011, 11:11 AM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
Default   #9  
The "Pearl Harbor" bullshit pisses me off to no end.

Why does everyone forget that the United States did bomb Japan at the end of the war? Do they just sort of gloss over and daydream when they're learning that part of World War II history in class, or what?

Not to mention the fact that most of the people currently living in Japan were not a part of the World War II generation, and the ones who are certainly weren't a part of the Pearl Harbor bombing.

I love the United States because it's my country and I know that it stands for a lot of good in the world, despite its youthful mistakes, but reading those comments I realize why so many people hate us. There is a mass of ignorance and egocentricity in this country that is too loud and ostentatious to be stifled by the good will and humility that makes up the rest of it, and until we learn to tell the ignorant to shut their traps we're never going to get into the good graces of the rest of the world.

Old Posted 03-13-2011, 11:21 AM Reply With Quote  
an evil, possessed, psycho doll
My son's god parents live where the Tsunami struck... I sent an e-mail on the day it happened. I haven't heard anything back yet... I am so worried about them, and am hoping for the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Old Posted 03-13-2011, 11:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #11  
My best friend's family may have been spared from the devastation...but the fear and worry for those who have lost their loved ones still linger in me.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 03-13-2011, 11:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
You said it, Johnny. Ignorance isn't bliss in this case. It is just downright retarded. *snorts* What Japan did at that time was wrong, but so was America. We were the ones that caused quite a bit of radiation poisoning from the nukes. All in all, it is over and done with and the Japan of today is on good terms with the America of today.

Obviously the Japanese are much better about earthquakes than we are here in America. However, that tsunami makes my skin crawl. I saw a man on televison from my area saying he had spoken to his son in Japan after the earthquake, but hasn't heard from him again. He is worried and scared for him, his dauhter in law, and his grandbaby. And it made me cry a little knowing there was a real possibility that he could never talk to them again.

Anyone that displays ignorant hatred over what has happened in Japan is also displaying callousness to those in Hawaii and the West Coast. To China as well. Just because we have bad history with the Japanese over sixty years ago does not mean they are less human. That is like saying Hitler was right and blacks should remain enslaved. If you aren't American, you are filth... and that is the biggest line of bullshit ever.
I am a female. Therefore please use 'she'.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 03-13-2011, 11:41 AM Reply With Quote  
an evil, possessed, psycho doll
Default   #13  
I can't believe they believe that this is karmic retrebution for something that happend over seventy years in the past. America placed Japanese people into interment camps, and to get their own freedom they had to sign up to the army to go blow up Nagisaki and Hiroshima... that was karma enough IMO.

I am part Japanese myself on my mother's side of the family... and reading the comments on facebook makes me feel anxious, scared and intimidated... leave the past where it is, stop bringing it up... many of us where not around to feel the pain of world war two.

And it seems many have forgotten, that we are equils... we all feel pain of lose and suffering... America at the moment isn't suffering yet many seem to be taking great pleasure in the suffering of Japan... it makes me sick to my core.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trakadon
I give you the right to yell at anyone that breaks my RP rules >:U
Nikko is my nii sama and Reyoki is my nee sama

この終わりのない声で、私はそれは私の選択で、歌います

Old Posted 03-13-2011, 11:42 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!

How the hell can people think this is "karma" for Pearl Harbor? That happened over 70 years ago. And apparently people have forgotten America bombed them MUUUCCCHH worse than Pearl Harbor got. Ignorant pricks. They make me ashamed to be American. =(
A Fishy and .Rousi Quest
Animal Lover? Come join us!

Best people on earth can be found at the 10,000 Cat Paws Charity!

Gogo super kinspowers flowers and fish react!
Old Posted 03-13-2011, 05:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi View Post
I'm very worried. My best friend has family in Japan. D:

But, a lot of people are being really rude and ignorant about this. People are dying and here's something someone showed me:

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f3...9932636934.jpg
This is why I think Japan is going to come after us, aside from the fact that Obama spent over $700 billion on America's recovery, even though we owe so much money to Japan. These people talking about Pearl Harbor are just fueling the fire.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 03-13-2011, 05:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Magic
I woke up that morning and read about it keep getting some updates about it... someone I know their grandmother just went back to japan a few weeks ago, I wonder if she is alright or not... hasn't seem them for a few days... hope they are alright
Old Posted 03-16-2011, 03:37 AM Reply With Quote