Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lil' Inkling
Default   #17  
Isn't there a survey thing or suggestions that they have? You know where someone could tell them that what they're doing is stupid?
It's me.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 08:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Telling them, "hey, this is dumb," doesn't matter: People are still paying up for things like $20 skin color items. So, why would they change?

Corporate decisions are all about short term gains, you know.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 08:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #19  
Isn't one enough though? Why do you need to buy a new skin color item every time? That doesn't make sense to me. Maybe I don't understand because I've never used Gaia.
It's me.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 08:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Oh, you keep the item, but it's one per color, and it's specifically for a tiny cat avatar. I happened to visit Gaia again recently and spotted that. The cat thing on its own is...strange. The prices for everything to do with it are mind boggling.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #21  
What's the price breakdown for it?
It's me.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 08:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Remember that a lot of Gaia's cash offerings are based on exploiting completionists and those who like to gamble. Even if a few people complain and refuse to buy something, one person could buy enough to make up for that.

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #23  
Wow that's insane. This is pretty sad though. What this site has become especially since my friends have told me how nice it was beforehand.
It's me.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 08:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
It'll eventually overstep its bounds and something will happen to change the status quo. Maybe once that happens, it might try to go back to its roots.

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Old Posted 03-17-2014, 09:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #25  
I hope so. People did say good things about it before all this nonsense happened.
It's me.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 09:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Oh, Gaia was a wonderful place until 2007, at least as far as I remember. It was a vibrant community where users and staff communicated with each other and there was less of a shop-motivated feel. If Gaia were still like that... then I probably would have never left and I wouldn't be on Trisphee.

I still have waves of nostalgia to this day. I wish I had a time machine.

Old Posted 03-17-2014, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #27  
Lol if only. But then as you said you wouldn't be here and we wouldnt't be having this conversation. >w<
It's me.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 09:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
I'm thankful that even if it's not what I would have wanted years ago, I was able to start over on a smaller site and become a greater part of it. I do appreciate Trisphee and all it has done these past years. :3

Old Posted 03-17-2014, 09:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #29  
And I'm sure some of Trisphee wouldn't be what it is without you. as well. ^w^
It's me.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 09:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Well, thank you for the compliment, but I'm sure Trisphee could get along just fine without me. xD

Old Posted 03-17-2014, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Default   #31  
Every contribution from everyone is important. You've done things that are important and if you weren't here they probably wouldn't haven't have happened. Just saying. And no problem. >wO
It's me.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 09:43 PM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei View Post
It'll eventually overstep its bounds and something will happen to change the status quo. Maybe once that happens, it might try to go back to its roots.
I thought about this too but they (Gaia Owners, CEO) must be doing this because they think it is good for themselves. That CEO they have in there now is one who turns companies around. He is not a long-term CEO kinda guy. Either they have some plan or they just figures that every year there is a new crop of 13 year olds willing to use mom's credit card, or they have their own credit card and they can become instantly rich on Gaia. What could be more fun. And it goes on and on and on.

Idk, I am staff there now, still. I am a Forum Assistant. I was a mod there from 2005-2010. I stay and watch and I still do my job there because I have nostalgia for the place and because what is going on is mind-boggling to me but also amusing and a few other conflicting feelings.
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote