Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Bohemian Soul
Default 2015   #1  
This year has been really hard for a lot of people.

The world has suffered mass shootings and heart break.

So, as we slowly draw this year to a close, feel free to write here the things that you would like to leave behind in 2015. It could be a bad habit, a bad experience, etc.

Remember - leaving the pain behind is not the same as leaving the lessons you could learn from the experience behind. It's you, making a choice, to move forward and grow from whatever might have been hard or painful for you. You are making an effort to grow. <3

Be as specific or vague as you feel comfortable. Please refrain from sharing extremely personal information for your own safety. =3 I care about you and want you to make good choices.
Old Posted 12-03-2015, 01:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
All of the bad employment decisions I have made! Bleck!

Old Posted 12-03-2015, 03:28 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #3  
I leave behind my terrible marriage, and all the (extra?) self-doubt and low self-esteem that came with losing my job.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 12-03-2015, 03:54 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
My Mom bought a new house and we moved in late March.

Got my drivers license in late April.

Sister OD on heroine and died in May.

Took on a friends extra ticket and had an amazing time at some Ska concert (I think the band was called Streetlight Manifesto?)

Got my first official job in July (deposits into the bank account and so on.) Then left it because of it's crap working conditions, staff who given up on the work leaving me to pick it up, the best worker at the store being fired and me being expected to be just as good as he was when I was thrown into night hours alone with little training.

Turned 21 in July and shared a birthday party with my best friend, had alcohol for the first time in my life. It doesn't taste good, but some drinks are interesting.

Family feud with my Grandpa that is now on-going since August.

Got my first car? Well my Dad bought it for me to keep me focus on studying and not having to worry about transportation to school. It's a cheap $500 junk car that was from my Uncle.

Aaand. About everything noteworthy, still perusing my dream career in College and doing a great job at it. Going to begin looking for a job again, but I learned my lesson, go trough my school to get a paid internship or some job filing or working at a mayors office or library.

It's been a pretty bad year, yet it doesn't really phase me much. I'm not hoping that next year is better, but I get to look forward to my mom re-marrying with a guy I actually like. So there's that.

Last edited by Illusion; 12-06-2015 at 04:17 PM.
Old Posted 12-03-2015, 04:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Bohemian Soul
Default   #5  
@Illusion
May your new year be filled with happiness and academic ease. <3

@Lucid
I'm divorced as well! Since 2013. Shed that relationship and find your peace. I know, for me, that it was the best thing I could have done for myself.

@Glitch
May your new year be full of good opportunities and career bliss!
Old Posted 12-03-2015, 06:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Let's leave behind the heartache of a three year love lost. The heartache of a first love returned, only to depart once again. Let's leave behind the decent paying job that was robbed from me. Let's leave behind the mounting bills, the choosing what utility stays on and what we can live without for a few days. The anxiety of how things will be paid for. Let's leave behind the doubt of my continued independence. Let's leave behind the stress. Let's leave behind those who have left us behind, and kindly raise a glass to their successes. Most of all, let's leave behind the regret.
Old Posted 12-05-2015, 02:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Bohemian Soul
Default   #7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salone View Post
Let's leave behind the heartache of a three year love lost. The heartache of a first love returned, only to depart once again. Let's leave behind the decent paying job that was robbed from me. Let's leave behind the mounting bills, the choosing what utility stays on and what we can live without for a few days. The anxiety of how things will be paid for. Let's leave behind the doubt of my continued independence. Let's leave behind the stress. Let's leave behind those who have left us behind, and kindly raise a glass to their successes. Most of all, let's leave behind the regret.
Sadly beautiful, Salone.

Here's to the new year, new successes, and new adventures!
Old Posted 12-05-2015, 02:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
This year, I went from being homeless and living out of my car to living under my parents' roof, getting hired on at a job with a company I seriously hate but they were hiring and offering benefits, to losing my job because the client was stupid and pulled my part of the line group to in-house, going to my ten-year high school reunion (Sadly, my specific class has not grown out of the "Stupid Frat Boy" mindset for the most part), entering a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship with someone very dear to my heart, going to my brother's wedding, turning 29, coming to the realization that I'd rather spend the holidays with either my boyfriend or very dear friends over my family because of one specific family member, meeting my boyfriend's family, and now, I'm planning out what I'll pack when I go see my boyfriend out where he lives most of the year, and I'll be starting 2016 with him as well.

I've had a lot of downs, but I've also had a lot of ups, and I've got memories that I'd never trade for anything in the world, including meeting online buddies for the first time in person, and seeing friends I only really get to see maybe once every two years if I'm lucky (though I'll be seeing some of them again next year), and celebrating another milestone in my journey through this life.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 12-11-2015, 05:23 AM Reply With Quote