Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

The Ascent Aesthetic
Default A Friend Found, and a Friend Gained   #1  

Instinct for survival had not led him to the boy, it was something more. Trudging through the thickening snow, Sasan paid little heed to the sound of footfalls behind him. Despite Arryn's incessant calls, Sasan knew Sebastian better than anyone, and simply knew he was on the right path.

It took some time to find him, but once he saw Sebastian trot across the clearing ahead, Sasan's adrenaline took over. Yet before he could catch up, the kid was gone, chasing some strange creature into a cave with a carefree smile.

Following warily behind, Sasan came upon Seb crouching over what seemed to be a nest of the creatures. They had formed something of a protective circle around the boy, but he would not be deterred. He grasped Sebastian by the shoulder and turned him around.

Old Posted 03-11-2014, 08:36 PM  
Delightfully Overcaffeinated Rodent

That look usually spelled trouble. He attempted to cradle the little creature that he'd followed in, even as its inquisitive siblings circled around his feet. He wanted to keep it. It was his discovery, it liked him and it played with him without judging like other kids. The moment they'd met, he knew he loved it, in all its hissing, licking, colorful glory.

He looked at Sasan again, mustering the courage to speak in his own defense. Sasan wasn't really all that scary – he was barely taller than Seb – but he was scaring his little friend with that mean look.

“Sasan! Kaimid was outside with me and!” He decided to breathe and try again. “I can take care of myself! My parents trust me to run a shop, I don't need to be babysat!”

Old Posted 03-11-2014, 08:38 PM  
The Ascent Aesthetic
Default   #3  

Whiny little brat. Sasan was ready to drag Seb back to the others by his tail if he had too. He had no idea how much he'd upset them running off like that! And yet, he had to grow up someday, and the last thing Sasan wanted was to see him end up alone like Kaimid. He opted for an embrace instead.

“Y'could've been killed, Seb...”

Old Posted 03-11-2014, 08:40 PM  
Delightfully Overcaffeinated Rodent

He'd always thought of Sasan as a friend, but he'd never realized how much the Ascent had come to take care of him. His parents wouldn't have cared if he ran off. He felt terrible for making Sasan worry, so he listened to the lecture while cuddling his new friend.

You're still a kid, Seb. I know you're gettin' bigger, but you could've gotten hurt! Y'can't go runnin' off like that, that's why you've got friends t'look out for you.” He felt the dragon-man pat his head. “You aren't an idiot, and you're my buddy, so how about y'let me look out for you from now on?

Sebastian looked up into his friend's eyes. “I'm sorry,” he said as best he could. “I just saw this little guy, and I couldn't resist...”
Old Posted 03-11-2014, 08:42 PM  
Closed Thread