Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Disgruntled Shopkeeper
Default Seeking the Impossible   #1  

“...I still don't see how it's my responsibility.” Fakir stomped after the two girls, kicking up the snow only to have the wind blow it back in his face. “The little rat runs off looking for rat friends and dies in the cold. Not my fault.” He fought to keep a shiver from his breath. “We could do with the quiet for a change, anyway.”

Katrine stopped ahead of him, turning to glare at him accusingly. “Fakir!

And he kept walking right past.

On the other side, Kylesti trilled her strange laugh and patted his shoulder. “We all know how deeply you care for Sebastian. Try and hide it all you want!” She withdrew her hand and blew on it. “Gods Fakir, talk about freezing to death! What were you thinking coming out here like that?

Not bothering to look over at the foreign woman, Fakir trudged ahead, muttering, “I'm fine.”

You'd feel horrible if he really did die, you know!” Katrine shouted as she followed after him. “Can you even imagine, those cute little cheeks all frostbit? Think of how scared he must be out here all alone.

I think I've watched more friends die than you, Katrine.

Not bothering to spare her feelings any longer, he shot back, “Would you shut up. If you're so damned worried, get moving. It's starting to get dark.”

We'll find him, Fakir. Don't worry.” Kylesti came up behind him, her shawl in her hands, and spread it across his shoulders, wrapping him in it before he could protest. “Pace yourself, we have a lot of ground to cover.

Fakir stared at her. “Who do you think you are?”

Your concerned friend, whether you like it or not.” Her smile was infuriating as she spun away.

“I don't want your charity,” he grumbled as he followed after her, grinding his teeth to keep them from chattering.

In the same whimsical tone, she replied, “It's not charity, my dear dull boy. I'm saving your life. No, no, you don't need to thank me. Come along!

Saving my life? Has anyone... ever... done that before?

Old Posted 03-06-2014, 10:30 PM  
Closed Thread