Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Snap!
Default Wishlists?   #1  
Would wishlists and gifting options be something that we can interpret into the site this year? I lose track of all of the items we have. I know we have item guides but I would really like to see wishlists added to profiles with a little thumbnails that link to item previews.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 01-19-2018, 03:28 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I feel like it's already possible with the new item tag (item) (/item), but that's all self done. But being able to go to shops and click one button as to what I still would like to buy would be nice.

Adding a wishlist button to all item previews would probably be a easy thing to implement.

As to the gifting option... I just want a better trade system in general.

Old Posted 01-19-2018, 10:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Adding a wishlist button to all item previews would probably be a easy thing to implement.
The technical implementation of it is reasonably easy, yes. The time-consuming part is putting together a nice UI for it so that it's not a slapdash piece of junk. Even that isn't DIFFICULT, but it's enough of a time investment that it's not really a "toss it together in an evening so we can have a feature release" kind of thing, so it gets relegated down the priority list compared to more important functionality.

Quote:
As to the gifting option... I just want a better trade system in general.
I recognize that the trade UI is painfully clunky for people with large inventories, and our whole system is a bit fiddly when it comes to in-use items, but beyond that what's wrong with the trade system?
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-19-2018, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
but beyond that what's wrong with the trade system?
It doesn't serve me breakfast in bed.
jk I got nothing. I'm pretty satisfied with it since it gets the job done easy peasy. butthatsjustme

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 01-19-2018, 10:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger View Post
Would wishlists and gifting options be something that we can interpret into the site this year? I lose track of all of the items we have. I know we have item guides but I would really like to see wishlists added to profiles with a little thumbnails that link to item previews.
made a thread about this yesterday I don't know how tf this site doesn't have one
Old Posted 01-20-2018, 12:19 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
TI recognize that the trade UI is painfully clunky for people with large inventories, and our whole system is a bit fiddly when it comes to in-use items, but beyond that what's wrong with the trade system?

My inventory is small, except for events page, which can take a while to load (by comparison, I probably don't have it all that bad), and has grown much bigger of late because of the release of many little items.

Would it be possible to add another folders/tabs to the current inventory, to perhaps split the larger stacks?

I quote the inventory thing, because if people could also use the same tabs (existing/new) to select items for trade, that would probably streamline the process at least a little. Means more clicks, but I imagine the load/search time might improve? I dunno these things.

I'm indifferent to wishlists I suppose. They would save time but a quest thread would cover the same thing in a manual sense, with the tags. What about...another tab! One that just holds links to tagged items from the shops?
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 01-20-2018 at 12:34 AM.
Old Posted 01-20-2018, 12:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #7  
Once Toho finishes with the item tagging stuff, you'll be able to find stuff in your inventory a whole lot better. In general you should never have to scroll through your item list unless you really have no idea what you want and you're just browsing.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-20-2018, 12:52 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
The technical implementation of it is reasonably easy, yes. The time-consuming part is putting together a nice UI for it so that it's not a slapdash piece of junk. Even that isn't DIFFICULT, but it's enough of a time investment that it's not really a "toss it together in an evening so we can have a feature release" kind of thing, so it gets relegated down the priority list compared to more important functionality.

I recognize that the trade UI is painfully clunky for people with large inventories, and our whole system is a bit fiddly when it comes to in-use items, but beyond that what's wrong with the trade system?
Besides the inventory?

Gifts still have to be accepted and there is no easy one click send. Let alone gifts being secrets or sent anonymously.

Old Posted 01-23-2018, 03:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Gifts still have to be accepted and there is no easy one click send. Let alone gifts being secrets or sent anonymously.
These are by design.

Old Posted 01-23-2018, 09:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Quote:
These are by design.
I like the idea of it being an option to anonymously send gifts actually
It would be useful if, for example, there were secret santa-esque holiday events
Old Posted 02-10-2018, 09:05 PM Reply With Quote