Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Neopet Addict
Default Pen is mightier than Word?   #1  
So. Your poison of choice? Handwriting your works in a scratty diary or on something more electronic?

I rather like having a personal little book with all my scribbles in. All my pr0nz goes into books with intricate details to make it look nice. I did used to write online, but I got bored of the lack of con-crit.

Thoughts?

Come in and have a chat. Featuring out own blog!!
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 05:21 PM Reply With Quote  
I see you
I always like to carry a little notebook around with me in case something hits me. I usually regret not doing so, so I decided it was high time I carried something around. I don't rite much by myself and usually get embarrassed by anything I write solo and end up scrapping it..
I've never really posted any of my written stuff up for anyone to read on the computer except for a warriors fanfic I did a couple years back...
~Obsessed with Farscape~
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 01:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #3  
I try to avoid writing by hand whenever possible, as I can barely read my own writing. I exclusively type my stories and poems, which is just fine for me, as I'm on my laptop nearly every hour of the day. >_>
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 01:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Police Force
My writing depends on my deadline. I definitely prefer writing things out on paper beforehand, but if it's crunchtime, then it's definitely time to pound on the keyboard.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 02:08 AM Reply With Quote  
I see you
Default   #5  
Also I don't like typing that much because my "Q" button on the keyboard is broken so I have to keep copying and pasting them..
So I guess to add I prefer writing on paper, at least for now..
~Obsessed with Farscape~
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 02:12 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I go with whatever I have on hand. I take books or journals with me when I travel. I write in books when I want to be more relaxed and not bother with a computer. I do final drafts and such on the computer and usually work here because it saves me having to re-write things, which I don't like doing. I find though, that I fare much better when proofreading or general editting when I write by hand or read from peper than when I read from a screen.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 02:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Neopet Addict
Default   #7  
I prefer writing by hand because I love how pen ink flows, but I hate writing up. All my best work is on paper, in hidden books, scattered everywhere :/

Come in and have a chat. Featuring out own blog!!
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 07:02 AM Reply With Quote  
writing machine in bad repair
My handwriting is so abysmal that it actively sucks the creativity from my mind and results in my quickly giving up on a particular vein of thought. So handwritten notes aren't quite my thing.

I really wish I could write things by hand, as it would be nice to just lay in my bed and write without the distractions of the computer, but it's just not something I'm capable of.

When I get a new ink ribbon for my typewriter, I might finally be able to work without distraction. I do love me some typewriters.

Old Posted 07-17-2011, 11:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #9  
I have the same problem, Johnny. It's a rare joy for me to find myself working on something in earnest. There's just too many things competing for my interest on the computer. Especially Trisphee. :p
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 04:24 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Harper View Post
I prefer writing by hand because I love how pen ink flows, but I hate writing up. All my best work is on paper, in hidden books, scattered everywhere :/
Depends on the pen for me, but I can appreciate the flow too. Somestimes I just set my head down and stare at the nib as I'm writing just to enjoy the movement. Gotta be a nice pen though. I get frustrated really fast when using a dry pen or one that's running empty.

I keep all my journals in handwriting though, even if I can't alway make it out. It's interesting too look back and see how my handwriting has changed as much as my writing voice or what I said and cared about in general.
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 09:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #11  
There's also the fact that I'm left-handed and have a tendency to get ink all over my hand when I write.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 09:35 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I didn't know that. Heh. I"m right handed but I've trained my left a little bit. I can print with it reasonably legibly but haven't quite managed cursive yet.
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 09:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #13  
I'm very strange with dominant hands. I think I'm actually right-handed (as in, the muscles are stronger) but I do everything with my left.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 09:53 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Ah. I'm a little odd too. Right handed, left eyed, whichs is kinda screwy. I can shoot firearms and bows with either hand, and have tried painting with both hands though my left isn't as coordinated or as strong as my right. Of course, because of heath circumstances I had to be carefull of what I did with my left arm so it's naturally not as developed.
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Devilish Stripper
Default   #15  
my prefrence of writing tools definitally depends on convience really.
Old Posted 07-20-2011, 12:42 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Word wins out for me. I usualy write in word. Even if I do write something down on paper, I usualy end up typeing it out in word. It makes it allot easier to edit, since my handwriting is horrible.
Known as Kajiko almost everywhere else.
Old Posted 07-20-2011, 02:13 AM Reply With Quote