Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Mad Scientist
Default How do you like the story 8D   #1  
Seriously, for those of you that have been following it how are you liking it so far?

For those of you who just started reading, is it bloody difficult to understand?

GIMME YOUR OPINIONS BABES!

Old Posted 11-26-2012, 02:42 AM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Yes! Opinions, comments, and critiques are wonderful! So people, come shower us with them!! <3

*tries to summon everyone to event story subforum followed by here* owo

I'm blunt and direct.
I like to lurk and observe.
Old Posted 11-26-2012, 02:48 AM  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #3  
I'm a relative newbie and I have no idea how to go about trying to figure out the story from the beginning. Maybe some Cliffs Notes somewhere would be nice >.>
Old Posted 11-26-2012, 02:50 AM  
The Illusionist
The story is like trying to decipher an ancient tale on the back of a foreign cereal box.
Granted, I skimmed through the story....
I kept telling myself "Get on with the point! What's going on!!?"
The last events story was compelling to read and made it sound like something exciting was going to happen..

Old Posted 11-26-2012, 03:04 AM  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #5  
I'm enjoying the story quite well. Granted, I've only skimmed through past lore (events and what not), but I'm able to follow what's going on fairly well.

*swats at Illu* It's called keeping the reader in suspense....
I'm only a man with a candle to guide me
I'm taking a stand to escape what's inside me
A monster, a monster

Den of Two Dragons

The Bunker

Feel free to stop by and post!

I've turned into a monster
A monster, a monster
And it keeps getting stronger
Last edited by Alpha; 11-26-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Old Posted 11-26-2012, 12:54 PM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Yeah, it would help if people actually skimmed through past event story lines from the transition one. :3 Or even older event story lines if they wanted a better grasp on the characters. But I can't see most people willing to take a little bit of time to do that. :(

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 11-26-2012, 03:56 PM  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
Default   #7  
It's not that I'm not willing to, it's that when I skim, I tend to gloss over all the details and then later realize that I have no idea what just happened. I can only read one story thread a day, if that, and still take in all the information. I'm still slowly reading back over the Deivai event because that one was the hardest for me. I've been here since the beginning so that's made it easier on me for following the plot, but the huge amount of characters and the quick plot twists sometimes get me lost. For example, Ryuko was super awesome and liberating his people, and then everybody turned evil and that's where I got lost, even though I read all the plot threads.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 11-26-2012, 06:56 PM  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
And then suddenly today there was a new plot thread with 4 long posts that were apparently made a while ago but seem to have just now been put up for viewing.

The sudden appearance of all those words at once just made me go "..... no" and not want to read it.

I will read it eventually, though. Just... not right now.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 11-26-2012, 07:16 PM  
It Won't Stop
Default   #9  
Most, if not all, scenes are written before they're published, of course, and only releasing them one at a time paces the reading better than having it all there from the start. -nodnod- That 'no' would be a lot worse if we had everything out at the start. Of course, releasing them in single posts would stretch it out for longer than we want the event to be.

I can hardly keep track of things myself. Then again, I care more about what they're all wearing than what they do.

That, and I like to re-imagine the story as I go.

Oh, Dac. You're too old for that cute girl.

Old Posted 11-26-2012, 08:42 PM  
I didn't even know where the old event storylines were. Heck, I still don't know how to actually find them myself, but espy posted a link in another thread. It's HUGE though, and intimidating, and I just can't bring myself to care enough to actually read it, so I'm going to just view these events as item collecting opportunities >.>
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 01:58 AM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #11  
One story line thread isn't too long. If you're willing to commit yourself to read one per day, you could easily get through them all within a month, at most. :3 Less time if you're willing to read more than one per day.

Don't let laziness or refusal to spend a bit of time each day make you unwilling to read. The past and present writing team has worked hard on writing all the Trisphee story lines for everyone to read. :3 Please don't let our efforts be for naught. ;w;

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 02:13 AM  
Sorry, I have other stuff to be reading (and writing, and watching, and playing.)

Other people seem to enjoy it though.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 02:20 AM  
Don't Poke The Tiger!
Default   #13  
*sighs*

Ah, well.

*shrugs*

If you ever do find you wish to take a break while you're playing, as playing tends to be when one has free time anyways, then do make an effort to read the story lines? >w<

I'm blunt and direct.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 02:27 AM  
^_^* I'm sorry you're taking this so personally. I just don't have interest in it. If it makes you feel any better, I've written tons of stuff that hasn't been read by many people XD
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 02:37 AM  
It's ALIVE
Default   #15  
I think it would be easier just to give a summary of the past events. If a person finds one summary that seems to interest them, they can go look back at that story to see that story in detail. The summaries would also help as a refresher for those who've read the story, and helps new users to get an idea of what's going on so they won't be so lost in the event (especially if they're joining in the middle of an event..they're not going to spend a whole month just to catch up with the current plot).

It is an idea, using the summaries. But I'm sure you will be able to figure something that works for everyone. Keeping the writers happy, helping users to understand trisphee a bit more, making pancakes for Kami owo

~an item brewery - updated 12/02~
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 02:44 AM  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucid: View Post
It's not that I'm not willing to, it's that when I skim, I tend to gloss over all the details and then later realize that I have no idea what just happened. I can only read one story thread a day, if that, and still take in all the information. I'm still slowly reading back over the Deivai event because that one was the hardest for me. I've been here since the beginning so that's made it easier on me for following the plot, but the huge amount of characters and the quick plot twists sometimes get me lost. For example, Ryuko was super awesome and liberating his people, and then everybody turned evil and that's where I got lost, even though I read all the plot threads.
It's not so much everyone went evil, just Ryuko really. That whole "OMG Maesha killed my first daughter and then when I'm trying to liberate my people Feysha decapitates my other daughter and now they're both dead and there was a war and a bunch of people are dead and I have no kingdom and AAAHHHHHHH!!!" just didn't go over well.

Ryuko's evil kind mangled the twins so they're messed up, and then off in the Divine Realm Dacorum is wandering around without much to do and then arrives this divine vision which tells him things are going to suck, so off he goes to try and do something about it.

There, quick and dirty run-up. Oh, and reading the "Revelation" story in the Trisphee Storybook would also help to understand the "when did Dacorum get back?" thing.
Old Posted 11-27-2012, 03:06 AM