Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Illusionist
Default   #65  
Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
dresses that are not limited to female avatars and are not overly dependant on tits XD
http://www.capitalfm.co.ke/lifestyle...illy-dress.jpg

So like a dress with no boob shading on it making it more flat?

At that point couldn't you just use a male avatar and just say it's a female avatar but their using a binder or something like that.

edit: I think you can also use a male base, pick a dress item, then change avatars to a female after it's equipped to get the male version of a item/dress that's more flat.

Old Posted 11-25-2015, 01:27 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
yes and no. yes in that there are not giant boob-cups or plunging necklines or anything of the sort

actually quite a few of the older commons are single-gender including the slit dress, you have to have a female avatar to use it and while you can chage after it is awkward that the chest is still female
Old Posted 11-25-2015, 01:41 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #67  
Alright, dresses.

Real talk time, starting now.

Currently in the shops, there are 7 common dresses to choose from that only cost aurum, not Anka Tokens. Of these 7, 5 of them are for females only. Out of the remaining 2, 1 has lines that follow the shape of the breasts, making it very obvious that the male does not have them. The other dress is the Patch Dress which, while it does serve a purpose, is not exactly a flexible item for multiple looks.

Even if we look at dresses from premium items and the like, the majority of them either have unfortunate cases of poor unisexing (making the males look inferior in quality) or bulky sleeves that are extremely difficult to layer with.

So, yes, we need dresses that are not limited to females and are not focused on displaying the breasts.

Old Posted 11-25-2015, 01:41 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
I was just thinking of temporarily solutions, but yeah the site has always been lacking on the dresses side, which I understand why because you guys tried being neutral and didn't want to favor one gender or the other, mostly because females can wear almost every item, and guys would look strangely gorgeous if they wore most items meant for females.

I can find a lot of uses for the bottom half of dresses and layer my avatars like that. So if the tops are flat, but the bottom have a interesting design, then they could easily be layered and used by a lot of male avatars, but just in a different way where it doesn't looks like their wearing dresses, but rather a sash, kilt, and so on.

Old Posted 11-25-2015, 02:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #69  
Lackluster unisexing is an issue we've known we've had for a long time. Lots of items don't get enough of the curved lines straightened out on the male version.

I'm tempted to recommend that feminine items should be designed on a male base first because I feel like most artists are going to have an easier time adding curves than removing them.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-25-2015, 04:14 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
coda, you hit the perverbial nail on the head with that comment. the general practice is to start male and end female when making two versions because it IS easier to take from the waist and add to the bust than to remove the bust and add to the waist. it is a matter of percentages

personally i feel just as trappy online as in real life and just want cute fucking dresses that cover the feet and lack tatas
Old Posted 11-25-2015, 04:22 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #71  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
I'm tempted to recommend that feminine items should be designed on a male base first because I feel like most artists are going to have an easier time adding curves than removing them.
I've noticed the same, that would be a great uni-sexing method for working on dresses or actually tops in general.

Old Posted 11-25-2015, 04:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
When I do it I like to start female and then go male because I tend to erase most of the top and redraw it in an effort to avoid the boob lines.

Old Posted 11-25-2015, 04:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #73  
Erasing and redrawing is a fine way to go about it, too, because then you see the underlying body shape while you're working. It's probably better for accuracy and quality, but not as fast -- which is probably the better strategy anyway.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-25-2015, 04:48 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
When I do it I like to start female and then go male because I tend to erase most of the top and redraw it in an effort to avoid the boob lines.
You did that with that one pinstripe suit item and it didn't work out too well. The female version looked very fitted/tight, while the male version ended up baggy and too big/pajama-looking.

The item doesn't look bad at all, but it's not consistent with the other gender's version of the item.

Oh and item ideas:

More T-Shirts with designs/patterns on it. (See the diamond pattern on my chest/avatar) Stuff like that, circles, squires, squiggly lines, maybe even a graphic T Shirt (with a silhouette of a phoenix or something, sort of like the hoodie items we have.)
And and hoodies with no graphic design on them lol because all we have are hoodies with graphics on them. xD

Old Posted 11-25-2015, 05:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #75  
LOL and here, I was meaning dresses in a Hawaiian flavor... but I like the idea of having more unisex items... also, can we please get longer skirts? There're times when I really just want a nice long skirt, and the longest options we have only hit about knee-length or mid-calf length.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-25-2015, 06:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Haha that was one of my first items, i'm not proud of that one --- i was still figuring out how to pixel trisphee style at that point in time ^^;

Doesn't that bear item you are selling have a plain hoodie option in it? I can't remember.

More long skirts, got it :O

Old Posted 11-25-2015, 06:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #77  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Me when reading your comment:

My gawd... you're really cute. Stahpeet. >->
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Old Posted 11-25-2015, 07:13 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Haha that was one of my first items, i'm not proud of that one --- i was still figuring out how to pixel trisphee style at that point in time ^^;

Doesn't that bear item you are selling have a plain hoodie option in it? I can't remember.

More long skirts, got it :O
There's only 2 and half color choices, white, brown, and white/black, and it has a zipper. Also a non existent hoodie when the hood is down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
My gawd... you're really cute. Stahpeet. >->

Last edited by Illusion; 11-25-2015 at 09:08 PM.
Old Posted 11-25-2015, 08:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #79  
Ah yes, you are right.

Old Posted 11-25-2015, 08:56 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
a hoodies that is not form-fitting would be nice, and maybe jeans that are more relaxed-fit and not a tent/skintight
Old Posted 11-25-2015, 11:42 PM Reply With Quote