Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Addicted to Trisphee
Default Wii U   #1  
Anybody on here excited about the Wii U? I sure am! I really want one!
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 11:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
not so much... its just a tablet in my opinion... and if i was it would only be if they make legend of zelda majoras mask on it
Old Posted 09-13-2012, 11:54 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
Default   #3  
I still don't really like the regular Wii. I like normal buttons and controllers that I don't have to flail to use >.>
Old Posted 09-14-2012, 01:00 AM Reply With Quote  
Thorns and Claws
I'm not sure i will be getting a wiiu, i've heard mixed reports on the system and that extra controller makes things seem a bit wonky but we shall see.
Old Posted 09-14-2012, 02:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #5  
I don't know, I haven't heard or seen anything about it that make me excited about it, and I'm really, really not hard to please. It just looks kind of ''m'eh'' to me for now. I'll have to check on that later, but my friend will probably get one anyway, so if I really wanted to play/try it I'll just ask him xD
I don't even
Old Posted 09-14-2012, 02:46 AM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
I like the idea of getting some of the Nintendo classics with more up to date visuals, and the fact that the console is gong to be getting more of the big titles like darksiders, assassins creed, mass effect, black ops etc.
better visuals, wider game library, pro controller. all these things suggest it's catering towards the more hardcore gaming scene, which is a big plus for me. it's certainly looking more interesting than the Wii.

Not to keen on the new touch controller, but i figure you can use the Pro controller for most games.
Last edited by Ducky; 09-14-2012 at 01:47 PM.
Old Posted 09-14-2012, 01:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #7  
I'm just fine playing Nintendo classics with their old graphics, personally ^_^*
Old Posted 09-14-2012, 03:38 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
As am i, but it's nice to see what an updated version would be like as well. I love ocarina of time, but Twilight princess was a nice visual change.
what i was saying is more that i can have all the up to date modern games, as well as my Nintendo classics on the one system. rather than having a wii, then a ps3/xbox for non-Nintendo games.

like Black ops on the Wii was awful.. >_>
Old Posted 09-14-2012, 04:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Mercury Poisoning!
Default   #9  
Here have a pun : Wii U let me play it?

In other news... I'm with Lestrade on that one. But then again, I'm more of a retro gamer. (SNES ftw! and stuff) I never really cared much for graphics, and in fact I love indi games for they're retro graphics, like Cthulhu saves the world or Breath of Death 7.

As for the controllers... M'eh. Not impressed as of yet, again. I guess the Wii one was kind of neat, although sometime it was pretty wonky and not wroking all that well. Guess we'll have to wait to see that one.
I don't even
Old Posted 09-14-2012, 06:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
its 350 here, 430 for the special edition black one :o
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 09-14-2012, 10:39 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Default   #11  
it's £250, and £300 here.. which i think works out at being more expensive than it is for you :c
Old Posted 09-15-2012, 04:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
no thats the same as here roughly, all our consoles are the european version
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 09-15-2012, 07:36 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #13  
I'm more likely going to wait a while before getting it
was a year after the wii came out when I got that along with the 3DS
though may still not get it... still hasn't got a ps3... but it's been a while since I could play the stationary game systems
hmm

↳↓-will accept art requests-↓↲
Old Posted 09-15-2012, 09:35 AM Reply With Quote  
I find that the older I get the less I want new systems ^_^* I dunno, there are just SO MANY older games to play that I never got around to that I can get used for really cheap. The only new games I play nowadays I get for the PC.
Old Posted 09-15-2012, 12:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #15  
I already preordered the Wii U, and I can't wait to try it out and play the new games on it. (Think this will be the first time I actually be getting a game console at launch date ^^)

And speaking of retro games, I like playing the older games as much as the new ones. I'm happy that I can buy the older games as downloads on my Wii and PS3.
Old Posted 09-17-2012, 09:20 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
I'm actually a lot more interested in the WiiU for its media implications than for the games. i.TV, or TVii, has a lot of potential with the touch screen tablet remote. Many people already use tablets or smartphones while watching TV, and with TVii, the remote could connect viewers to social media or advertisement landing pages while watching shows. It's a whole new television model, and I hope it does something extraordinary to the way TV and advertisements are presented and consumed.

I also think that the dual-screens have huge potential in games. It's something unique to Nintendo. Similar to the DS's dual screen, many interesting things can be done with it. Some games really stepped forward and used the dual screen features on the DS to their full potential, and others seemed really lame as though they didn't know what to do with the extra screen. I hope that there are a lot more games that maximize the creativity of the tablet controller for the WiiU.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 09-17-2012, 01:57 PM Reply With Quote