Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #5665  
I don't think the packing tape would hold that well, but I think if I make the boot tongues slightly wider, I can punch a few holes and basically lace the boots through them in a couple spots to hold them in place.
Old Posted 11-03-2021, 04:20 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
That sounds good too.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-03-2021, 05:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5667  
Good news...someone's quarantine is over!

(And I finally got off my lazy butt and seeed the macaron together.)
Old Posted 11-04-2021, 03:12 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm so excited I could bust!
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-04-2021, 07:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5669  
Tbh, I probably won't put her up as an item for sale on Etsy, partly because of how shitty etsy has kind of become for a lot of shops, and partly because you had a dragon buddy for Derpy you wanted to send (and maybe snacks...I think that was mentioned once), so I figure it just counts as a swap.
If you want, we can cover each other's shipping costs though.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 11-04-2021 at 08:57 PM.
Old Posted 11-04-2021, 08:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Booster for covid shot, AND flu shot: done as of a couple hours ago.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-04-2021, 08:53 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #5671  
I hadn't heard that about Etsy. *frowns at it* It's the online place I buy from the most. But swap is cool! Remind me what sort of snacks?

Den... I'm boggling that Tam the I hate needles got the booster before Den the pro vax queen. Not bragging, this is probably just autism going, "Some rule just got broken here."
*gives the Den a big soft doll, a blanket, and an insulated bottle of hot chocolate*

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-05-2021, 12:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
I have seen (and heard of) times when fake sellers steal photos and item descriptions from other shops and basically list them at slightly lower prices to try to scam people and when they are reported, Etsy does nothing. I know because I reported a couple of them and also informed the original seller just in case they weren't aware of the scammers. Unfortunately, they were aware and had also reported the shops. Multiple times.
And Etsy basically strongly encourages people to offer discounts and free shipping all the time because nowadays they're trying too hard to compete with Amazon. When Etsy first started, they were a great place for crafters to get their items out there and have a chance to actually sell the things they make to a wider audience than they could before.
But I can actually get a lot of items cheaper on seller's sites outside of Etsy than I can on Etsy these days as well because etsy charges so much (I think it's a fee per item listed plus like 10% of each sale or something like that, but I don't remember for sure) that sellers have to significantly raise their prices to make the same profit as they would on their own sites.
I actually think 90% of the shops I've bought from or considered buying from in the last year have turned out to have their own sites off of Etsy, I just didn't know it until after buying from them. (or in a couple cases, researching)

Ah, the snacks were basically anything. But vegetarian-friendly. I don't think anything specific was mentioned. Lol
Old Posted 11-05-2021, 02:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Don't Go Into The Light
Default   #5673  
So many products on Etsy are also just drop-shipped Wish or Alibaba items now, it also makes it hard to find anything that is genuine.
Old Posted 11-05-2021, 04:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tam I am View Post
I hadn't heard that about Etsy. *frowns at it* It's the online place I buy from the most. But swap is cool! Remind me what sort of snacks?

Den... I'm boggling that Tam the I hate needles got the booster before Den the pro vax queen. Not bragging, this is probably just autism going, "Some rule just got broken here."
*gives the Den a big soft doll, a blanket, and an insulated bottle of hot chocolate*
I had to wait for the county hospital's vaccination clinic in town, because I don't feel comfortable going to the grocery store that has a pharmacy that gives vaccinations. Also, mom thinks I don't count as high risk, so we argued about that...
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 11-05-2021, 06:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5675  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
So many products on Etsy are also just drop-shipped Wish or Alibaba items now, it also makes it hard to find anything that is genuine.
I don't generally have too many issues with finding the genuine shops. It can definitely depend on what you're looking for
I did experience someone last year who I'm 99.9% sure was buying from my usual supplier and then reselling on Etsy at twice the price as I ordered a color of scales from them that my normal shop was out of, but they supposedly had, only to wait about 2 weeks (the normal shipping time for main shop) and have them then cancel because "oops, they were out of stock".
Old Posted 11-05-2021, 08:10 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Ahhhh. Most of what I buy from Etsy is hand made dolls, usually from sites I've watched for a long time. And after reading all the feedback. After the bad experiences I've had with Amazon and Ebay, I feel kind of stuck with Etsy. When I buy supplies it's usually after talking for awhile with the seller (doll brads, in this case).

Den, ohhh, I see. Yeah. Both my shots came from the pharmacy. But the guys at Shoppers Drugmart are generally kind and patient and have a high tolerance for weird, so I've gotten more comfortable with them. *hug*

Kaderin, PM me on Zan about addresses? :D I'm going to be talking to Persian and Indian people that I know too. You are going to get SNACKS.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-05-2021, 09:41 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Default   #5677  
Derpy wiggles excitedly in anticipation of new snacks.

((Oh hell yeah! OwO Ethnic-type snacks!))

Also, have a cute pic of Derpy making scalemail, lol.

((And this is the "finished" one. Still needs some minor additions for stability and also some chains and other pendant type additions to be fully done but the scalemail portions are complete))
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Last edited by Derpy McBlueEyes; 11-06-2021 at 03:55 PM.
Old Posted 11-06-2021, 03:21 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Okay! XD

Awww. Dragon with tools.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 11-06-2021, 09:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #5679  
I was bad and bought more fabric today. Idk what to make with it yet, but got 2 yards so it's enough for most projects.

I just couldn't resist especially since I can see it potentially selling out really fast.
Old Posted 11-11-2021, 02:04 AM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
oh that's awesome fabric!!

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!