Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Rogue Toy Soldier
Default † The Seven Deadly Sins †   #1  

When you feel that you have lost your path, you find yourself at the edge of a deep, twisted forest.

Step within, and a find a realm for those who submit to every worldly whim. All the kingdoms of sin you will visit, and its pleasures and horrors laid out before you. Your hosts are the bearers and masters of every vice. You may find in them a friend or a foe, and they are powerful as both. Steel your will and choose: Will you fall to your most dominating sin, or will you embrace it and make it your own?

The Seven Deadly Sins is a hangout and casual roleplaying group. Come to talk to your fellow sinners, or to play out your story. Among this group absolutely anything is possible, and your faults are divine!

Last edited by AlphaDolly; 07-28-2011 at 11:50 PM.
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 10:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Rogue Toy Soldier

I. Obey all Trisphee rules and ToS
II. The Sins rule this thread. Obey their will, for it is law.
III. Refrain from making a fool of yourself when you speak. "Txt spk? Wats tht?" Leave it at the door, or don't speak at all.
IV. Do not spam, flame, or troll your fellow sinners. Their judgement will be quick and painful.
V. If you have any questions or issues, you may direct them to one of the Sins in a PM.
Last edited by AlphaDolly; 07-28-2011 at 10:31 PM.
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Rogue Toy Soldier
Default   #3  

Desire for Other People's Things. Or simply hatred of others' good fortune. Hey, sometimes others get the cool stuff first. Doesn't stop you from wanting it. It is also known by the name of schadenfreude, or sorrow-joy; simply put it means joy at another's suffering. Envy is usually associated with dogs or goats and the color green. The punishment in Hell for comitting this sin is to be put in ice-cold water. The patron demon of Envy is either Leviathan or Belial, and its corresponding virtue is Kindness.

Desire for Things. Often simply referred to as greed, but avarice includes spending money pointlessly as well as hoarding it. An oft-misquoted passage in The Bible says that "the love of money is the root of many kinds of evil." In 3rd century AD, Christians used the acronym ROMA as a veiled insult against the Empire. What was ROMA? Radix Omnium Malorum Avaritia, or: the Root of All Evil is Greed. When treated as a vital part of the economy rather than a sin, it's called "the profit motive". Greed is usually associated with frogs and the color yellow. The punishment in Hell for comitting this sin is to be put in a pot of molten gold. The patron demon of Avarice is Mammon (as in the Mammon Machine), and its corresponding virtue is Charity.

Avatar of Sin: Funkduder & Saith

Desire for Harm. This is rage taken up a few dozen notches, combined with blood-thirstiness and a general appreciation of too much violence. Wrath is usually associated with bulls, bears and the color red. The punishment in Hell for comitting this sin is to be dismembered while still alive. The patron demon of Wrath is either Satan or Moloch, and its corresponding virtue is Patience.

Desire for Rest. It is also worth noting that Sloth also covers moral/spiritual laziness; idealism is too much work. Early papal creeds against the sin mostly classified it as knowing the right thing and failing to do it. Sloth is often ranked high in the deadly sins because of this sinister and far more actively destructive side of its nature - it destroys Time itself. Sloth is usually associated with goats or donkeys and the color light blue. The punishment in Hell for comitting this sin is to be thrown into a pit of snakes. The patron demon of Sloth is a little-known figure named Belphegor, and its corresponding virtue is Diligence.

Desire for Attention. Often said to be the big one, as "pride cometh before a fall." Traditionally the most vile of the Seven Deadly Sins, it was the one that corrupted Satan as it involves placing yourself above God (or whatever deity you're invoking) and all others. By definition, it is the one Sin that prevents the sinner from repentance, as they are too proud to admit that they were wrong. Termed "self respect" when treated as a virtue. Pride is usually associated with horses or peacocks and the color purple. The punishment in Hell for comitting this sin is to be put on a breaking wheel, which basically amounts to having your limbs crushed. The patron demon for Pride is, understandably, Lucifer, and its corresponding virtue is, again understandably, Humility.

Desire for Pleasure. It's the desire to know someone Biblically, but traditionally included all other sins of physical desire or luxury (such as drug addiction), not just sex. Lust is usually associated with cows, bulls, roosters or goats, and the color blue. The punishment in Hell for comitting this sin is to be covered in fire and brimstone. The patron demon of Lust is Asmodeus, and its corresponding virtue is Chastity.

Desire for More. Have you ever wanted to just sit around and eat all day? That's a start, but to fully commit gluttony one must also waste food. Although less known it includes abuse of food such as extremely luxurious or wasteful meals. Taking more than your share is the key thing. It has also been equated with any kind of addiction in modern times, as with Lust. Gluttony is usually associated with pigs and the color orange. The punishment in Hell for committing this sin is to eat rats, snakes and toads. The patron demon of Gluttony is Beelzebub, or possibly Behemoth, and its corresponding virtue is Temperance.

Last edited by AlphaDolly; 07-29-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 10:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Rogue Toy Soldier

Our most lavish sinners are recognized here.

Enemies of the Sins are strung up here.

Last edited by AlphaDolly; 07-28-2011 at 11:09 PM.
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 10:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Rogue Toy Soldier
Default   #5  
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Rogue Toy Soldier

The being known only as Alpha appeared from deep shadow, taking his place at the entrance to a dark forest bathed in moonlight. He held his blade before him, stationed now as a guide for those who might deem themselves brave enough to enter.
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 11:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #7  
Dolly rested on a mostly bare floor after a long day of working - it was mental exhaustion that she suffered from, mostly, enough to keep her from starting her drawings as she should have been doing. Soon, though, she'd be reunited with Greed, something that she had dreamt of for too long.
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 11:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Flawless Victory
I just have to say (and sorry to break the RP train) that I love this idea. This may be a hangout I could be down with. C:<
Evilly Questing:// All the bloody October '11 monthlies
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 11:36 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #9  
Hi!
Can I have Lust?
o.o;

-wants to put my name in before someone get it-
x.x

Miz was sitting on a bar stool in front of a card table playing solitaire. There was nothing better to do. Nothing exciting was happening yet. Maybe she would go out and find someone to drag back with her...
"It's in the stars.
It's been written in the scars on our hearts.

Your head is running wild again, my dear.
We still have everythin'.
We're not broken, just bent.
I'll fix it for us.
Our love's enough. "
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 11:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Flawless Victory
Yes! I want to be Wrath. Because well...it just makes sense. C:<
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 11:41 PM Reply With Quote  
The Darkest Star
Default   #11  
DARNIT. BATTY WANTED LUST. XDD;

I could probably be Pride, though...

Batty's mule, yo.

Old Posted 07-28-2011, 11:43 PM Reply With Quote  
The Fairy Queen
Batty wanted lust -gasps- say it ain't so....
My....Family I guess
Stalkee/book worm: Lauv Kieko/Fashion consultant: Nightmare/Hetalia fan-friend: Yokuutsu/Rival and Partner in crime: Funkduder/TARDIS provider: Batty/Accepting other family members
the door is everything all that once was and all that will be the door controls time and space, love and death, the door can see into your mind the door can see into your soul
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 11:45 PM Reply With Quote  
The Darkest Star
Default   #13  
-giggles- You knew that was totally gonna happen. xD;

I'M A NYMPHY NYMPHO~

Batty's mule, yo.

Old Posted 07-28-2011, 11:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Flawless Victory
Batty: That mule of yours is so pretty *_*
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 11:46 PM Reply With Quote  
The Lord of Mushrooms
Default   #15  
Echo, wakes up, it's another useless day in the world. She feels worthless, why is she living another day? What reason is there? She feels the depression come over her everyday, seeing the face makes her sick, the face of sloth, that is who she is. Depressed, lazy, but mostly depressed on the fact that she has no purpose in the world. Not even useful in the working world, no one wants her. Just a wasted time, air , money, lives of animals,and food (as well as sperm and egg).

Can I be Sloth

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 11:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
xD Aw crap, and here's where it gets hard. I was hoping Batterz would want Lust... ;;

Saith you should totally stick around. =3 You can RP or just chat, whatever you feel like at the time.

Oh! I have the solution! I'll have everyone fill out an application for whichever sin they want.

(And by fill out an application, I mean you take this quiz and tell me the results. And no cheating!!)
Old Posted 07-28-2011, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote