Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Thorns and Claws
Default   #161  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
^
My opinion times 9000!!!
They all seem like they are missing poses.. In my opinion they are half done monthlies.
*runs away before people explode*
well least i wasn't the only one ^^; i mean i know the sites pressed on artists and such but they still feel like some don't have the poses like the old ones did granted some of the old yearlies were only a few poses they still felt a little better done
Old Posted 12-19-2011, 02:03 AM  
Rainbows and stuff
So im not the only one that thinks this to eh. I mean dont get me wrong the yearlies are great and awesome....but they do feel undone or rushed I guess you could say...at the same time I wouldnt change some of them but others...could use more work. I would have to agree with Rose and Illusion
~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Old Posted 12-19-2011, 01:11 PM  
The Illusionist
Default   #163  
Let me pop in and say one last thing before I rest my peace.
The items again look like half done monthlies, this is what separates yearlies from monthlies. It's not the pixel quality or the amount of poses, it's the quality/desire of the item poses itself.
Why did people pay 5 dollars for the halos last year when there wasn't much else to it? It's because people desired the poses in general (Gaia online Angelic Halo for example)
So when I look at these yearlies I don't see any desiring poses, so then they lose the Yearlie status in the end.
So overall amazing pixel work, great ideas, but think more on single poses next time around and stay away from themed items unless you have amazing poses down packed.

Old Posted 12-19-2011, 06:44 PM  
The Lord of Mushrooms
For me I want to get them just to get them not with the thought of I NEED THESE NOW

OBBIE'S twin sister
My Baby:Link Super secret Mission:Link
Old Posted 12-19-2011, 08:02 PM  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #165  
its not the thought of what i need now.. its the thought are these items worth the amount of real cash some people pay to get them ^^ Illusion said it perfectly if you ask me. The only one i'd say i'd desire to buy at this moment is the two skin items and that is because of the poses they have in them.
Old Posted 12-19-2011, 08:43 PM  
Oracle of the Enterprise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
well least i wasn't the only one ^^; i mean i know the sites pressed on artists and such but they still feel like some don't have the poses like the old ones did granted some of the old yearlies were only a few poses they still felt a little better done
I never bought or used an item myself, so I wouldn't know whether that was true or not, but regardless
do you think they would evolve if there was enough support then?
The Ward and Ace of Funkduder
Funk Certified Mule

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."
-Marianne Williamson
Old Posted 12-21-2011, 08:38 PM  
Thorns and Claws
Default   #167  
i dunno if they would or not. It's up to the site owner and staff to decide that. Normally on a site it takes most of the population to agree on something for the staff to look at it or consider it a idea.. not sure how it works here being a smaller site. Most of the time i see feedback just being over looked on other avi sites. I could be wasting my time for all i know xD
Old Posted 12-22-2011, 01:58 AM  
Dragon of Ice
Hmmm....well, given what I've seen on here the staff tend to take input when they can. It may not be used, but it is at least considered. Just a guess though. I would say if there was enough support they might look into it.
Old Posted 12-24-2011, 12:35 AM  
Art Meiser
Default   #169  
I wont have a problem adding more poses. The biggest problem was breaking my wrist. I couldn't pixel well for awhile and it really pressed me for time. There were more poses that I wanted to do for the yearlies.
The Almighty Fen-God
[8:25:15 PM] Galla: o3o ty for amusing my peen obsession
Married to: Galla, Aurelia, Sei, Demonskid, Arrikanez and Ashy.
Batty is My Girlfriend!
Mizzy is my Family.
Belial is my Cookie Monster!

Mon-Mon is my rainbow popsicle!
Chi is my Famiry!

Old Posted 12-24-2011, 05:28 AM  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
I wont have a problem adding more poses. The biggest problem was breaking my wrist. I couldn't pixel well for awhile and it really pressed me for time. There were more poses that I wanted to do for the yearlies.
I figured that was one of the reasons, well I thought through a two ideas for the yearlies..

1. Let people suggest poses for them, There is so many ideas that can come out of one pose and I'll love to see people bring those out for the item. (And fen has poses to add as well) Bonus points if you guys can make a thread for the suggestions.

2. Have a set schedule and slowly update a few poses of the items. And I really mean SET schedule dates and all, that way people have something to log in and look forward to.

Last edited by Illusion; 12-24-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Old Posted 12-24-2011, 09:37 AM  
Bald and loving it!
Default   #171  
@Fen: I know you felt like you were pressed for time but given your wrist I am sure the entire site wouldn't have mind waiting. We understand <3 just as long as they are in the shop for an entire year. I would rather you have sleep and sanity then to go bonkers with crazy all nighters obsessing over the computer screen working through the pain. Its not healthy.

As for the poses, that is actually not the problem for me. I look at the past yearlies like the hallow of innocence and it basically has 4 colors, two skin modes, and then various head dots. the same with the horn, at the most it is just four different poses with four different colors to make it seem like more. There is just something I cant articulate right now that I dont like about this years yearlies but I will continue thinking on it. It might simply be the theme.
Old Posted 12-24-2011, 10:59 AM  
Thorns and Claws
We need to train the pixelist faster D< so Fen can rest ~nods~ That and I need to get off my butt and try pixeling again .3. .... Not like I don't have free time ~glares at Photoshop~ get along with me for once dang it D<
Old Posted 12-24-2011, 03:06 PM  
The Illusionist
Default   #173  
YOUR ALL WRONG! FEN NEEDS ROBOT HANDS! >D
(Is currentlyz watchingz that one episode of futurama)
Then she can make pixels at a machines level... THEN WE CAN ALL ROLL AROUND THE PIXELS IN GLORY! >D

Old Posted 12-24-2011, 08:29 PM  
Bald and loving it!
XD I dont want Fen to sell her soul to the robo devil. Even if she gets a fantastic musical number from it.
Old Posted 12-25-2011, 03:15 AM  
Dragon of Ice
Default   #175  
Indeed. The Robot Devil can be quite the trickster....there is always a catch.
Old Posted 12-25-2011, 03:16 PM  
Snap!
After I saw the Monarch item I feel like Monarch Wings could have been included in the item, but it is still a very beautiful yearly. By far my favorite pixel work on any of the yearlies so far!
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 12-26-2011, 08:01 PM