Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

On in to the future
Default ATTENTION! Buyers & Sellers of Trisphee!   #1  
Is inflation really necessary?

Seriously, I know past EI's, and DI's can get up there. But c'mon now. No one needs to get greedy. Or even pay too much.
There are price guides for a reason. I think everything in there is priced reasonably and that you should give it a look.

So, why buy two of last months' items for 10k? We know they're not worth that much. And sellers, you might want the aurum, but try not to forget new users, or the people who can't spend a lot of time on the site.

We want to make this place fun. Not a huge money suck. If you've done this, please don't think this is directed at you specifically. I wanted it to be a reminder for everyone since prices have been raising dramatically and for no reason.

Maybe you have too much aurum and you're just trying to burn it. How about donating it? Just a thought. lol And if you need aurum, I'll chat with you.

Catch you around.
<3 Sushi

P.s: For all your hoarders, it's okay to let people who don't have 5 of each item have a chance. xD
Last edited by Sushi; 06-06-2011 at 03:48 PM.
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 03:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
*hugs Sushi* I love you.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 03:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #3  
Sushi, hello again! *gives cupcake*
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 04:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Charmed Forever
You mean... we shouldn't sell things at ridiculous prices and make it super hard to get anything because it is so hard to get any of these items? O:

I have seen the light! <3
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 04:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Resident ghost caracal
Default   #5  
And some people shouldn't bid super huge amounts of aurum, especially on things they have, just because they can. Cause of course sellers would like to get such sums from everyone, always... But only few people can afford it.
~ Hello, I am Sadrain, a ghost Caracal, but you can call me Rainy.
Nice to meet you. =^-^= ~
~Questing: Yearlies, RIGs, Lot of MIs, RUNES (always), Aurum
Shop: Selling MOST EIs | NOT updated buying thread ~

|~ Status:
Questing so much things I don't know where to start ~|

~Manning Crow's Nest on Haunted Galleon under Captain Lawtan's rule ~
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 04:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
THANK YOU.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

/ clings to. My hero. <33
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 05:01 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #7  
A-FREAKING-MEN.

Couldn't have said it better myself. xD;
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 05:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Police Force
Sorry kids, but if Sushi isn't selling or buying anything, I have to move this thread.
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 09:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Exchanger
Default   #9  
He speakith the truth! Let it be.... common unwritten law for the guild of exchangers!
[Proud Ascent Arco of Light.]

White thinks... That this signature is too sexy for its shirt. <3
~Neirra is my trisphee lil sis.~

Check out my Shop and my Quest Thread.
I'm a jerk so deal with it.
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 09:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
It's as much the buyer's faults for paying the price as it is the sellers for asking for it, just to point out. ~shrug~

'Tis a picture of Tokyo I took. ^^
I'm a girl.
I love Writing Tools, and KPop, and minty stuffs.
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 09:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Default   #11  
I agree with this thread. U8

And like others have said the main root of the problem is people who throw out a ton of aurum for items that shouldn't be going for so much. D:
You know, those people who see an item they like so they bid double the usual price on it because they want it NOW. If you'd just wait a bit you can still get the item and for half the price you're trying to pay for it now. And so can other people.

Let's use a current month's DIs as an example. The average price on new DIs are about, what 2.5k? That's what I try to pay for mine at least. You'll see some people bidding 4k or 5k for ONE of the current DIs for the month. Of course the buyer isn't going to say "Oh no, I'd like it if you'd halve your offer please."
They're going to take it. So then other buyers see that and will either ask for that amount automatically or will wait until someone comes along and pays that much for it. Then you're gonna get inflation.

So really, if people wouldn't just throw out so much aurum on an item because they want it NOW instead of waiting a bit longer to find another one and pay the average price, we'd be all right. D:
There are gonna be some buyers who try to ask for more of course, but when they see that people aren't gonna buy their items for so much they'll eventually come down on their prices.
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 10:28 PM Reply With Quote  
Dancing in the Rain
I bought two of this months items for 8.5k X3. It's called the buyer has no patience and always misses rune sellers <.<. Anyway I think I don't mind paying 5k for a current RDI just because I'm on a site with 1 dollar=10 donation currency and their DIs sell for 5k each now XD. So I just don't have a problem doing it. Although another site I'm on with equivalent donation item pricing has donation items that are usually sold at 2kish. Which I actually find really odd considering that it's older than the other site I think. But anyway paying 5kish per would just feel natural to me due to the other site I'm on I guess. Especially since it's actually harder to get the gold on that site. I was actually thinking about this when I payed 8.5k for this months RDIs. Although I know that other sites shouldn't effect what I do on here, but they kinda do XD.

I have weird logic, just ignore my ramblings <.<
Last edited by Ashley; 06-06-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 10:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Local Weirdo
Default   #13  
I can understand where you're coming from but that's THAT sites economy. Trisphee's is gonna be a bit different and the average price for new DIs are lower than that. So paying double the price for the DIs here is just going to cause inflation, and then it makes it harder to get items here. >:
Trisphee is a bit slow sometimes and it can be hard to find sellers but I would still rather wait and not pay as much than pay double for something and be part of inflation that isn't necessary. D:

And honestly even if I REALLY want a new DI and I'm bidding in a thread for it, I'm not gonna go over my own personal cap for that item. If someone goes and bids 4k then I'm just gonna forget about it because I know I will eventually be able to find it again cheaper.
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 10:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Dancing in the Rain
Like I said, I have weird logic and I know that other sites shouldn't effect what I do on here X3
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 10:46 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #15  
Inflation ftw *w* *explodes* x.x

The classic tale of how the rich get richer.

~an item brewery - updated 12/02~
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 11:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
I can sort of understand it as well in a sense in the first place... people are willing to pay more because it's not hard to get aurum on here. I mean... you get like, nearly 40 aurum per post. That's only 50 posts for 2000 aurum... which, really, isn't that much when you're having a conversation. This coming from me, who doesn't actually post often.

'Tis a picture of Tokyo I took. ^^
I'm a girl.
I love Writing Tools, and KPop, and minty stuffs.
Old Posted 06-06-2011, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote