Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #3089  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biomecha View Post
Glad to see the scariest part is over, Coda. I bet she can't wait to start feeling better in comparison to how things were before the surgery.
The surgeon had said she'd notice how much better she'd feel about breathing right away.

We didn't believe him.

We should have. Even with her face totally swollen up, she said she was breathing clearly in a way that she didn't even realize she was missing for all of her life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyBeary View Post
I have an overbite as well and have been offered a correction but I didn't want to go through that. ;_; Plus it doesn't bother me all that much so I doubt I'll ever undergo surgery for it. I would only need my lower jaw to be moved forward though but when I was told everything about that my anxiety said nope. It isn't required and my health is just fine regardless so lmao yeah no. If I've lived 30 years with it, I can live the rest of my life with it.

The worst I had to deal with was being bullied over it in elementary school. But that's all in the past.
Braces can do some level of correction without needing surgery, if it's not too bad.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-18-2020, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
me, with a slight overbite:

anyways, it's good that she's doing well!
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 03-19-2020, 10:29 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3091  
XP
At this point anytime anyone starts going off about some coronavirus conspiracy theory, I fully check out of that conversation. It's getting ridiculous.
Old Posted 03-19-2020, 11:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I wish your wife a speedy recovery, Coda!!!

My shout;
My medication compromises my immune system, making me at higher risk of catching COVID19 than the average person.
It's really, really frustrating. I'm hoping that maybe my psychiatrist will let me change back to one of my previous medications. I hope so...
This has been the longest I've been out of the hospital, so I'm sure my psychiatrist won't be too happy to put me back on a medication that "failed".

>:(
"My car it is my life... and like my life it carries me around."

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 03-19-2020, 04:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3093  
Just realized that though I want to get my hair professionally cut again, I probably shouldn't and at this point may not even be able to...
Not sure what style/cut I want anyway though so might look into that and see if I can maybe get in this weekend before things get too crazy here...
Idk. My hair is just getting long and frizzy and is driving me crazy and looks like crap when I cut it myself.
Old Posted 03-19-2020, 05:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
I don't trust salon hairstylists to cut my hair. :(
Honestly, I don't trust them to do anything but dye it... And even then, I can only go to certain stylists because I have very curly, afro hair...

On days that I feel daring enough to try a stylist, I always bring pictures of the style or color I want.

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 03-19-2020, 05:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3095  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava View Post
Honestly, I don't trust them to do anything but dye it... And even then, I can only go to certain stylists because I have very curly, afro hair...

On days that I feel daring enough to try a stylist, I always bring pictures of the style or color I want.
If you lived nearer to here I'd recommend my sister.

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 03-19-2020, 05:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
stuff i'm planning to do: The Dark Crystal, except it's solely the Chamberlain's 'MMMMmmMmMMmMMMmMMMMMMMM' noise.

Old Posted 03-19-2020, 06:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #3097  
Quote:

I've only ever had 1 bad hair cut/style experience. And the cut itself was fine, but I said I didn't want it styled, but she styled it anyway and I looked like the mom from the Brady Bunch.

But I always try to bring reference images for the cut I want.
I just don't know what haircuts actually are gonna look good on me and I want something different than my usual sharp a-line.
Old Posted 03-20-2020, 01:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
tfw a server admin sends you a friend request and you decline it because of RSD-related issues.

i have no idea if i've fucked up but, like. so now i can't use a very basic feature of discord just because of RSD.

Old Posted 03-20-2020, 01:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3099  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
I've only ever had 1 bad hair cut/style experience. And the cut itself was fine, but I said I didn't want it styled, but she styled it anyway and I looked like the mom from the Brady Bunch.

I just don't know what haircuts actually are gonna look good on me and I want something different than my usual sharp a-line.
I tried that once.

I asked for Owen Wilson. Had a picture and everything.

I got Lord Farquaad.

Old Posted 03-20-2020, 01:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Unless you were asking for owen wilson with a mullet, how'd they manage to fuck it up that badly? O.o
Because Farquaad's hair is actually pretty long...
Old Posted 03-20-2020, 01:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #3101  
Owen Wilson's hair isn't exactly short, though. He's had it at various lengths over history, and the picture I had was of a shaggy surfer-ish style. Not exactly the length and style he had in Zoolander but kinda similar.

It would appear that the stylist I was seeing at the time just didn't know how to do any sort of men's styling outside of a standard short cut. It doesn't help that the natural wave of my hair is wider than Owen's.

Old Posted 03-20-2020, 02:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeah, but farwuaad's hair is like almost shoulder-length...

Ah, yeah, natural curl can have a big impact.

Sooo...who wants to help me pick a haircut?!
8D
Old Posted 03-20-2020, 02:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #3103  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidbarker View Post
stuff i'm planning to do: The Dark Crystal, except it's solely the Chamberlain's 'MMMMmmMmMMmMMMmMMMMMMMM' noise.
Ooo. I am anxiously awaiting the release of The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance season 2. ;-;

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
If you lived nearer to here I'd recommend my sister.
Is she skilled in ethnic hair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post

I've had three *really* bad experiences with stylists...

I'm going to put these in spoilers because they're long stories

--- My Bubba and Mi
Picture drawn by ~isa~
Old Posted 03-20-2020, 04:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Quote:
Ooo. I am anxiously awaiting the release of The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance season 2. ;-;
there's a s2? i still need to rewatch the movie and then watch s1....

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 03-20-2020, 04:14 PM Reply With Quote