Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Psych
Default Can anyone interpret dreams?   #1  
Last night, I had a really intense dream. When I mean intense, I mean... I physically felt.

Before I describe the dream, I want to point out that I'm not looking to date, I currently have no interest, so that's one reason why the dream was unusual and striking. I'm also not a romantic, lovey-dovey... I'm trying to think of a third, non-offensive word. 'Sappy' and 'blubbery' came to mind, but those seem rude..

Anyway, the dream starts with me riding in a car at night with someone in the driver's seat. The first thing I notice is that it's all dark, apart from the moon and that the car is really spacious and comfortable (Maybe this was a subliminal car commercial?) The car stops before view of a bay and sea shining in the moonlight. The fellow in the driver's seat starts leaning towards me with his arms reached out, I follow suite, strange words come out of my mouth, namely "This is where I belong." and it turns into a tight hug, and oh my... His hands on my flanks were warm, electrifying, without a doubt one of the most pleasant sensations of my life. I woke up completely uncovered and it's so unbelievably cold outside, but my sides were actually warm.
Old Posted 01-07-2017, 07:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
I've found my experiences with dreams much simpler ever since embracing the conclusion that they're meaningless psycho-froth bubbling to the top as the brain relaxes conscious information-processing during sleep. I get heinous, torturous nightmares or just really bizarre depersonalization sequences fairly frequently, but once I wake up it's usually just "*shrug*, that was a thing," and move on with my day.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 01-07-2017, 07:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #3  
@Lav: Sometimes (and I truly believe this) vivid dreams like this are actually past-live recalls. I have had these dreams. One I just recently realized it was a past life I was dreaming about. It was not a happy time for me. And this has upset me greatly when i think/study past lives/between lives experiences. Some are so distressing and horrible, but somehow they are necessary for soul growth.
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 12:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
I have my own style of dream interpretation -- not one based on symbolism and Freudian psychoanalysis, but based on physiology and psychology. Unfortunately, it's really hard for me to get a very PRECISE interpretation for anyone's dreams except my own like this, because it requires a fairly deep understanding of the dreamer and the dreamer's life. I can do it for my wife's dreams sometimes.

In this case... The spacious car and the dark and the water are probably physiological in nature -- when your covers came off during the night, that would open your skin to the air, making you feel like you're in a more open space as well as making you cold, and cold gets instinctively associated with darkness and water.

The warmth of the hug probably came from your core temperature rising during deep sleep. If you've ever woken up from a really deep sleep and found yourself sweaty and uncomfortably hot, it's because of that temperature rise getting trapped inside your blankets. In this case, though, it happened to balance out well against the cold night air, making you feel comfortable after you had felt uncomfortable.

The remaining details... Look back on the last 24-48 hours at things you experienced. Introspect and see if you have any unfulfilled needs. Did something make you feel lonely? Did something make you feel like going on a vacation? I can't actually TELL you what they mean, but if you search your history and your needs, you may be able to figure it out on your own.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Io, Jupiter
Default   #5  
@Coda that is a very good interpretation. I interpret my own dreams all the time. But I also believe some of them are not dreams but memories. Some dreams mean nothing, some do.

I have a weird thing that happens to me, I get woken up by a alarm of some sort or my text alert (even tho the phone is off). I then immediately look at the time on my digital clock and there are the "angel numbers". I am very into numerology. I always get an appropriate and validating message from them.
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 12:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Have you been reading a lot of Harlequin romance type books? Because that sounds like a scene out of a book >> <<
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 01:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #7  
I know how you feel. I had a...well... sexual dream about one of my friends that I only knew for like... 5 to 6 months. I felt so awkward for a few days. I wasn't sure if I should tell him. Then one day, we were talking and it came up. Gosh... I froze to see his reaction. I don't know if it was I had deep feelings or what...

Maybe you read a lot of romantic stories, or recently watched a romantic show that made you dream about it and feel warm and cozy.
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 02:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
I'd say treat dreams like tabloids and don't read too much in to them.

This is of course all personal opinion, but I don't think dreams affect too much or are trying to 'tell' you something. From my low brow peasantlike understanding, they're essentially the disassembled Lego bricks of your thoughts and memories broken down and reassembled in to a Jackson Pollock with your brain forcing it to take a visual interpretation that you can at least comprehend, if maybe not understand. I'd say appreciate them, but they mean about as much as a...well, a Jackson Pollock.
Old Posted 01-08-2017, 03:01 AM Reply With Quote