Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #321  
So, when my friend was setting up my new, used laptop, he put windows 10 on it, but needed to set up an outlook email for the login (apparently) and instead of asking what I wanted the password to be, he just made something he thought would be easy to emember, but because it's not something I would normally use, I have forgotten what it is, so I'm locked out of my laptop and I need to get on there to get a loom knitting pattern!
Old Posted 08-14-2018, 02:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Default did every1 already complete their sets or wat   #322   bluebird bluebird is offline
A*DIC*TED
tfw no one is thirsty for crayons as u
like dam lemme talk 2 myself then 💩

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 02:51 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #323  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
So, when my friend was setting up my new, used laptop, he put windows 10 on it, but needed to set up an outlook email for the login (apparently) and instead of asking what I wanted the password to be, he just made something he thought would be easy to emember, but because it's not something I would normally use, I have forgotten what it is, so I'm locked out of my laptop and I need to get on there to get a loom knitting pattern!
Oh dear. I've changed my laptop password to be something other than my hotmail/outlook account as that's kind of questionable security in my brain. Can you get the password and change it?

The smoke in the air from all the forest fires is making the air crappy and potentially mangling internet. Not sure about that latter part though, but it kind of sucks. On the sort of plus side, there's so much smoke it's blocking some of the sun so it's not as hot as it could be.
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 03:03 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
It's not an account I use. Just one my friend made specifically because apparently windows 10 required an outlook account to login? Idk that's what he said anyway. But no. I cannot change it without wifi.
Did finally remember it (er, well, stumble upon the right one after trying literally EVERY possible combination based on what I could remember for the password.)
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 03:19 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #325  
It needs one to log in at least initially. It did that to me with my new laptop. I searched for options and you can change it to a different password not related to said account, but stuff you do with Microsoft will default to that (your new "outlook" account) as a login now.
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 04:15 AM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Did attempt to change password, but without internet connection, that's a no-gi. Did find option to do a 4 number pin to unlock though. So with any luck, that will work.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 04:28 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #327  
Actually you can totally set it up without one. It just strongly pushes you to and the option to skip linking a Microsoft account is a small link in the corner of the screen.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 06:44 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
If only my friend had let me set it up instead of assuming I was completely technologically inept!
XP

But I can't complain too much, it was essentially a free laptop and one much newer than my previous 2. Although it's got some damage and the touchpad doesn't work.
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 06:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #329  
Today's awful: just stepped wrong and managed to simultaneously smash/stub like 3 of my toes against the tiny lip up into the kitchen.
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 07:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaderin Triste View Post
Although it's got some damage and the touchpad doesn't work
Wish I could help! I'm not super experienced at laptop repair but I can at least take one apart and put it back together without breaking anything. I might have been able to figure out what was wrong.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 09:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Pepsi Pagan
Default   #331  
FIGURES, ONCE I GET OFF OF WORK AND GET MY DINNER MADE, XBOX LIVE IS DOWN
*cries*

Some Eclectic Witch
Ashwood's Item Quest Thread
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 09:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Wish I could help! I'm not super experienced at laptop repair but I can at least take one apart and put it back together without breaking anything. I might have been able to figure out what was wrong.
When it was first aquired, it needed a new keyboard, a new screen (because there was a fuckton of nail polish on it), and some system/harddrive repairs, now the only real issues are the touchpad not working (but I have a mouse for it) and the bottom corners of the screen casing area are pretty fucked, so stability without something to help prop it up can problematic, but a little duct tape should fix that minor issue. It had been held with electrical tape it looks like, but the sticky isn't sticking anymore.
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 09:51 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #333  
Ah, I keep feeling anxiety because I think that I put away the loom knitting project I was working on earlier, but might not have, and Batty likes to try to eat yarn. But I'm 90% sure I put it away because I also browsed the dress clothes I had hanging up (in case I had anything that was nice enough for the reception opening tonight but not so nice that if I spilled bleach on it, I'd be devestated), and I wouldn't have gone into the closet just for that, so I had to have put my project away then, right?
Old Posted 08-15-2018, 10:29 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
why is seasoned laver so addicting. so savory, so good. i can't stop eating even though it cuts my mouth everytiem.

dec 14
S A U C Y
「art by mdom」
✦✦✦
Old Posted 08-16-2018, 02:39 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #335  
It's tasty and has good minerals and iodine! Never had issues with cutting though.
Old Posted 08-16-2018, 02:50 AM Reply With Quote  
Pepsi Pagan
I'm so goddamn angry that I can't even sleep.
Sometimes when I have trouble sleeping, I move to the floor so my tossing and turning don't wake my fiance. So his drunk ass trips over me trying to get to the bathroom, so I quickly clear a path. But in the time it would've taken him to walk to the fucking utility sink, he decides to let it loose allllllllll over his fucking sister's carpet (because, yeah, we live in her fuckin basement rn, so 100x worse). I'm panicking, trying to pass him a pitcher to piss in instead, but he yells at me that he had to piss and what the fuck else was he supposed to do?? It was like talking to a fucking brick wall as he just fucking emptied his WHOLE FUCKING BLADDER ONTO THE FLOOR. IT'S ON HIS WORK CLOTHES, THE BOX SPRING, THE CIGARETTE STATION (SO ALL OVER THE LAST OF OUR TOBACCO AND CIGARETTES THAT HE JUST TOLD ME YESTERDAY WE COULDN'T AFFORD TO GET MORE), IN THE FUCKING CIGARETTE ROLLER ITSELF...
I gave him 3 fucking towels to deal with it and he threw down one and slept on the others. Piss started to roll downhill towards where I was sleeping and I cried. Then he starts fucking yelling at me for being so fucking pissy "might as well be fucking pissy with the whole fucking world acting like..." I think I blocked out most of what he said besides "go fuck yourself"

But either way yeah that's the story of how I'm an asshole for trying to get my fiance not to piss on the floor.

EDIT: he thought he'd walked, with his eyes closed, all the way to the utility sink. Now I know why he paused for so long (he legitimately thought he was walking to the bathroom and not tripping over my body, landing on the fan, and turning around to piss everywhere) and got angry with me for trying to stop him.
I'm not any less bothered though. He still hasn't fucking cleaned it up. He took allllllll the towels I put down and tossed them on top of the washer while the floor is STILL FUCKING WET WITH PISS.
I have no clean towels now.

Some Eclectic Witch
Ashwood's Item Quest Thread
Last edited by EverAshwood; 08-17-2018 at 11:59 AM.
Old Posted 08-17-2018, 05:18 AM Reply With Quote