Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Trisphee Nurse
Default horror movies   #1  
looking for a good horror movie to watch something scary and make my socks fly off :P so any suggestion ? ^^
Favorite Quote from Daria
Mr. O'Niell: "Right here and now, let's pledge to make Daria's dream a reality."
Daria: "You mean the one where people walking down the street burst into flames?"
Old Posted 03-31-2012, 01:42 AM Reply With Quote  
Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingPinkDinosaurs View Post
looking for a good horror movie to watch something scary and make my socks fly off :P so any suggestion ? ^^
Laid To Rest

Cromeskull: Laid To Rest 2 (both are gory as hell, though the first one is worse)

and Candyman (this movie still freaks me the hell out)
I make banners and I animate avatars. PM me for more information.

Questing Bone Stitched and Bewitched! :3

My Quest Thread. Chat with me here:
Old Posted 03-31-2012, 06:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #3  
I recommend "Ringu" and "My Left Eye Sees Ghosts". (( The Original Japanese Ones = Higher Octane Nightmare Fuel than the american remakes. Both are good, but for a real chill, stick with the originals. :3 ))

Also, check the FEWDIO shorts out on Youtube; they can be as scary, if not scarier, than some of the horror movies I've seen.

Old Posted 03-31-2012, 04:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Angelic Enchantress
Insidious :3
Old Posted 04-09-2012, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #5  
What sort of things scare you? Suspence gets me, though I end up getting headaches from it so I dodge it most of the time now. I like slasher horror, the B-grade stuff, and some of the pshycological stuff. I don't like gratuitus pain, gore, screaming, and torture though. To me that's just crude and movie makers trying to horrify people with stuff that would make one sick rather than actually attempt to scare them (yeah. Not a soft opinion on that).

Do you like creepy, gorey, or jump-out-of-your-seat-EEEK! movies? Sounds like it's the latter. ;).

I have never seen The Candyman but I've heard a fair bit about it. It's one of the big names like Friday 13th or Nightmare on Elm Street. Need to watch it one day. Stars Tony Todd who makes appearances in Hatchet 1 and 2 (love those movies! Make by Kane Hodder and also has a cameo by Robert England ;)) and in the Final Destination series. (I would recommend watching number 2 if you want to know about plot. That pretty much covers everything important. It's also the best of the lot so far in my opnion. Skip number 3 entirely).

On the big name track, Freddy vs. Jason actually turned out a lot better than my sister and I were expecting when we went to go see it. Some eye-rolling moments, some cringey moments, but overall pretty good.

Horror Movies I actually bothered to buy:

Jaws (Classic movie. Good movie. Not scared by it anymore but still watch it whenever it's on.)

Resident Evil (Just the first one. More action than horror really. Fun though. They actually provide a plausible reason to have the heroine running around in combat boots and a lingere!)

Dog Soldiers (European, UK/Luxembourg collab. Werewolves. Uses puppetry instead of computer so it's interesting to watch. The guys trying not to killed are soldiers so they don't act feeble and wussy! Some pretty funny scenes in it too. Those soldiers are trying damn hard not to die!)

Session 9 (phsychological thriller. Slow moving, thoughfull, and gets creepy. Not jumpy-scary).

Double Vision (Chinese/American collab. Original I think from Taiwan? Banned in some places for gore. Phsychological thriller and somewhat brain twisting. I'd put it up there with Grudge but a little more action than that movie.)
Old Posted 04-12-2012, 06:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Ghost Writer
If you tell me a little more about what you are into, I can recommend you some killer movies.

My fiancee and I collect horror films from good to bad.

I would like to agree with Nova on Insidious. I find my biggest fear is losing control of a situation so that movie had me scared silly at bed time for a week or two.

I also agree with Quiet Man Cometh, I am really not into "gore-films"I feel dirty watching them and they never scare me, they just make it ver difficult to eat meat for the rest of the day/week depending on the level of unnecessary blood.

If you haven't seen the Rob Zombie films (House of 1000 Corpses, and Devils Rejects) He does have a few more but those too are suspenseful at times, funny at times, and will really leave you questioning your own morality if you like deep thinking!

also if your looking for a good b-list zombie spoof Dead and Breakfast is quite fantastic!

Formerly known as MandaChaos. I am back and so happy to be here.

“The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.” Mahatma Gandhi

Old Posted 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #7  
House of 1000 Corpses I've seen, and it's somewhat shocking, I'll say that about it, but it was pretty good. I thought Rob Zombie also did a good job with his remake of Halloween. Some cringy scenes in it (one rape scene, but not overly long or eroticized. I hate that. Refuse to watch the unrated Hills Have Eyes, not that the theater version was much better in my opnion) but otherwise it's pretty good.

If you want something rediculous with zombies, go for Dead Alive. It's quite the experience, though you may not want to look at custard again.
Old Posted 04-12-2012, 09:43 PM Reply With Quote