i love lauv you <3
www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4aY8PMaEqw

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 11-07-2013, 09:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
Default   #10307  
*Stumbles in, attracted to Latin phrases like a moth to a flame*

At least, I certainly hope that it's Latin. I shall find myself quite embarrassed should it turn out to be some other language. May I ask what it translates to in English?
In all likelihood, you just read a clunky wall of text. There's no need for me to make you read even more in my signature.
Old Posted 11-08-2013, 12:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
@Asamey:: I luffles le asamey too <333 we should probably talk mooore

@Xy: why yes it is <3 you're right!
It translates to: "When good men are silent, evil men prosper."

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 11-09-2013, 07:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Rainbow Goddess
Default   #10309  
We def should <3 qwq

my closet
Dark is my puppyi luff hermes<3
Old Posted 11-09-2013, 01:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
I see. I am afraid that silence comes part and parcel with my trade, so it must fall to some other man to halt the prosperity of evil men. And though the years have been many since I last studied the Dead Language, I seem to recall the suffix "-nt" being applied to verbs with a plural, 3rd person subject. As the prospering is done by evil men, should it not be "prosperant"? My memory of declensions is even less clear, but I think "malum" might be singular, with the plural form "mala", perhaps by virtue of The Great Neuter Rule.

At this point I acknowledge that I likely sound like an absolute knob-jockey for pointing out perceived flaws in a subject I claim to know little about, and humbly apologize for doing so.

EDIT: According to Google Translate, it means "Where the good are silent, evil prospers", which means essentially the same thing, while also agreeing with my remembered rules for Latin grammar. I would delete the whole thing, but I got to use the phrase "knob-jockey", and such opportunities are a rare treat, so I'll keep it for all to see.
In all likelihood, you just read a clunky wall of text. There's no need for me to make you read even more in my signature.
Last edited by Xyphlan; 11-09-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: To set right that which has been wronged
Old Posted 11-09-2013, 02:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Celestial Princess
Default   #10311  
...You talk a lot...
I amGREED, Fall before me!
Old Posted 11-09-2013, 04:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
We are in agreement on this. Though, in my defense, my signature does hang a lampshade on my unnecessarily wordy style of writing. Of course, it serves little purpose if obscured by a wall of text, but I try my best.
Old Posted 11-09-2013, 05:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Begin Program
Default   #10313  
Some people simply lack an appreciation for an extended dialogue. Those poor thousands that will never know the middle of the story...will never hear the sole purpose of the sonnet...who lack the stamina for a good witty repartee~ *Snickers*
Old Posted 11-10-2013, 05:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
While there is some truth to your words, I cannot say that all blame lies with the reader. It is the writer's obligation to ensure that his or her content is engaging. If the writer fails to do this, the reader has every right to take their business elsewhere. At the same time, readers should give the writer a the benefit of the doubt, and not be overly dismissive, as sometimes boring setup is required to effectively make a point. Such is the nature of the contract between writers and reader.

But this is just a forum so yeah like whatever man.
Old Posted 11-10-2013, 08:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Begin Program
Default   #10315  
Aah, but you see, I said some people; thus rendering my statement perfectly allowable within common circumstance, as it only applies to those select groups. As such, this may encompass a great many people, but the properties therein also only inherently need be put to those who do not feel the need to read a text at length. So it is still a perfectly true statement within it's intended focus.

I was also not blaming anyone within my statement of course, everyone is entitled to their own comfort in literacy, every being having their own personal likes and dislikes, levels of commitment or intrigue and so on. As well as writers having their own unique levels of interest based on perception and content. Should I have said that some people prefer not to give to charity, this does not mean that people are likely to not give to charity, nor does it condemn those who do not. It also does not necessarily imply a charity deserves donations. It is merely a statement. Some hues are tulls, and some tulls are mulls. But this does not necessarily mean all mulls are hues.

I feel somewhere along the line, my statement was taken much more seriously than it's intended use; and that is acceptable also as everyone will undoubtedly interpret anything in any fashion they so desire based on personal preference and life outlook. As you had previously done with my first approach to the topic.

*Gears up for a very manly roar of triumph then just slumps down in a chair with a yawn, dragging someone's coat over to cover himself.* Mmmm too tired for roaring..
Last edited by Duce; 11-10-2013 at 10:48 PM. Reason: Roar far too flippant than meant. For shame..
Old Posted 11-10-2013, 10:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Love Giraffe
I quite liked that coat, mind returning it?
Old Posted 11-10-2013, 10:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Default   #10317  
people have been talking!

*grabs a back of popcorn*

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 11-11-2013, 10:08 AM Reply With Quote  
Your Friendly Neighborhood Lurker
*Rolls around the apartment*
"Cause I've been falling apart in the pouring rain"

"I'm waging war on myself. A captive causality"

""

"Traded a merciful heart for a murderer�s brain
But now I curse what's in my head
Because I can't stop seeing red"
Old Posted 11-11-2013, 06:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Begin Program
Default   #10319  
*Sneaks up behind Lauv and -

Blatantly slinks around her person, hanging on her like the world's most fluid boyfriend.*
Old Posted 11-11-2013, 07:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
Oooh~ I have a sexy duce-juice all up on me. <3

btw, how's everyone doing?

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 11-13-2013, 04:13 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
asamey, honey_hyjin_archaickitten, littl3chocobo_poggio, moonless_meizicht_toxxic, pacho-shii