Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In
Closed Thread

Neko-chan Nya Nya~
Default   #33  
The empty threat from yesterday night will be a little less empty if you don't get that character done today Suzerain...

Nah, I'd never actually do that to you. but it's fun to think about.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:11 PM  
Desolation Denizen
I'm working on it now. Seriously. :p
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 12:21 PM  
Lazy
Default   #35  
Name: Jeanne Benoit
Class: Theurgist
Abilities: Theurgical healing/purification
Items:
Sensory Enhancement Visor x1
Succor Capsule x30
Incendiary Laser x1
Physical Description:
Jeanne is twenty-one years old. She has green eyes often hidden by tinted goggles, boyishly short brown hair, and tanned skin with a strong jaw. While she isn't 'beautiful' or 'delicate' in the conventional sense, she is not unattractive. She is fairly tall for a woman, around 5'10", and very thin. She wears heavily layered, scavenged clothing which hides her figure. She is often mistaken for a boy, which she has no problems with.
Background:
Jeanne grew up in the same household as the rest of her family; older brother, younger sister, parents and grandparents all shared the responsibilities of their small farm. However, Jeanne and her brother Jacques would often go on camping and hiking trips in the nearby mountains together, and in the last few years began to bring along their sister Mireille as well. From these expeditions she formed the basis of her practical survival knowledge.
When not on an expedition, Jeanne learned many things from her family. Her father, a traveling preacher before he met her mother, helped her develop theurgical ability. Combined with her grandmother's pre-apocalyptic medical skills, she learned to heal wounds and purify toxins, although it took significant time on her part to do anything major with theurgy. This training also transferred to traditional medicine, although it was not her forte and she didn't spend much time on it.
Jeanne's formulaic way of life ended when she was twenty. Her brother had left the year previously and she seemed to have mastered the material her family had given her. There was no question of her ability to survive, and so her family gave her several items and their blessing.

Jeanne is driven by the search for information and learning. Wary of people who she doesn't know well, Jeanne doesn't talk a lot under most circumstances. She is generally a reserved person who prefers to be in control of herself at all times.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 01:08 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Ooh, she sounds cool. And good call on the laser, has all kinds of utility. And being a Theurgist, you can recharge it yourself.

I'm just about finished with my character. Will post him soon. Other than that, I think we're just waiting on Espy, then we can get started.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 01:17 PM  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #37  
Whoo hoo, Suzerain's finally doing a character! I still have a friend who's supposedly interested in joining - which is probably a good thing, 'cuz it looks like we might need more guys to even out the girls. ;; He keeps putting off joining Trisphee and making a character though, so who knows.

Also, yeah, it's not too clear in the description but I figured the Dragon might be Satan. Rue's family is still loyal to his name, and they also worship Jezebel. But anything else you might be able to tell me that I should know for that would be helpful. =3

Oh, and I also might consider drawing OC pictures for anybody who wants one (I drew the picture of Rue =P).
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 01:22 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Name: Shealtiel Avshalom
Class: Servant of Sheol
Abilities: Spiritual senses, command undead, animate dead, exorcise undead and demons, heal wounds, fear aura, body regulation, death magicks (all powers inflict some degree of bodily strain, proportional to the power of the spell.)
Items: Purification Filter, Medial Interface Device, Interdiction Badge
Physical Description: 57 years old, 5' 9” with hunched shoulders, sickeningly thin. Thinning white hair which he wears long; he shaves the top of his skull where he has begun to bald. Faded green eyes. Dresses only in gray, usually in a woolen robe. Wears a heavy dark violet mantle and carries an ebony walking stick.
Background: Before the Eschaton, Shealtiel (though he went by a different name, then) had just completed schooling in theological studies. Born in Acre, he came from a well-off family and was raised to be shrewd, doubting, and critical. For most of his life before the End Times, he was an acolyte of the ancient mysticism of the Qabalah and a deeply spiritual individual.

When the False Prophet came, and when the Beast razed Old Jerusalem, Shealtiel's family were all killed in the carnage, or were later lost in the nuclear chaos of Battle of Armageddon. He had been studying abroad in Greece at the time, and was spared the brunt of the catastrophes.

Since then, he has renounced his previous faith and become terribly bitter. He mourns for his family and the life he once had. When he heard the whispers of Sheol calling to him, he heeded them eagerly, hoping to commune with the spirits of his loved ones, but to his dismay, they were not within the Realm of the Dead.

Too late to escape the chilling clutches of Sheol's magicks, Shealtiel instead embraced them, and has taken to wandering the desolate earth, fighting against Abaddon's hordes wherever he finds them. He has lost count of how many spirits he has sent shrieking back into the cold darkness.

But this private war has taken its toll on him, body and soul. He is aged beyond his years, and finds no joy in life. Trust comes slowly to him, and he usually avoids large settlements, as he is able to sustain his body with his magicks for months at a time without needing to eat or drink. When he does venture into cities, he always makes himself available to the local militia, should an attack occur.

His name, which he chose upon forsaking all he once knew, means “Asked God for Peace”.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 01:23 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #39  
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeDolly View Post
Whoo hoo, Suzerain's finally doing a character! I still have a friend who's supposedly interested in joining - which is probably a good thing, 'cuz it looks like we might need more guys to even out the girls. ;; He keeps putting off joining Trisphee and making a character though, so who knows.

Also, yeah, it's not too clear in the description but I figured the Dragon might be Satan. Rue's family is still loyal to his name, and they also worship Jezebel. But anything else you might be able to tell me that I should know for that would be helpful. =3

Oh, and I also might consider drawing OC pictures for anybody who wants one (I drew the picture of Rue =P).
Oh, right, I forgot. He can join up later if he doesn't make it in time, no big deal.

And, now that I'm done with my character, I will make up more setting detail just for you. :p

Oh, and I'd love a pic of mine, if you're offering. I really like your art style.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 01:26 PM  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
I would love one too Cupcake, just let me know what else you need for a description and I'll send it your way.

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 02:13 PM  
Lazy
Default   #41  
Shoot, I'd have made Jeanne a boy if I'd realized how unbalanced it was. xD Oh well. I can't wait for it to start!

Cupcake - If you're offering, I'd love one of Jeanne. I actually have a sketch of her clothing and if you'd like, I can send it to you.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 02:35 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Meh, we're an equal-opportunity post-apocalypse here. :p

And, also, I've decided we'll be starting in Corinth, Greece, built on the ruins of Biblical Corinth, and the modern city was destroyed during the Calamity. It is a moderately fortified town of 4,500 protected by a twenty-foot concrete wall and a militia of 600. It has a small air base and two Saints on-duty for protection, as well as a number of battle-trained psychics. It serves as something of a hub in the region, policing the area with regular patrols and providing protection and supplies to neighboring settlements. Many drifters and travelers make stops their to resupply or rest from their journeys.

And... Asmodeus is the current regent of Hell (which should fit well with your character, Dolly, as he's the fiend of temptation). And let's just say he's not too broken up about the news of the Dragon's demise. I'd assume he's in correspondence with the False Prophet, though whether they're working together or not is anyone's guess, as is there ultimate plans/goals.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 05:57 PM  
Wanderer
Default   #43  
Er...lemme find some time to write mine up when my mom's not in the freaking next room over....

You guys should start first XD And no worries, I'm gonna be a guy here.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-20-2011, 09:24 PM  
Desolation Denizen
We might get started tomorrow if I get around to it. I'm not in too much of a hurry, though. Either way, given how vagrant this setting is, we can work you in later easily if you're not ready in time.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 09:31 PM  
Wanderer
Default   #45  
Gotcha.

....Nice avi -staaaare-
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-20-2011, 09:33 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Heh, I'm cosplaying myself. :p
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 09:34 PM  
Wanderer
Default   #47  
Hm. Maybe.......huh. (this'll be interesting....)

I've an urge to change my avi, and then an urge to keep cosplaying my alter ego.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-20-2011, 09:35 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Just a random thought, but a deranged, suicidal character with an Ordinance Transmitter would be so much fun. NPC time! :p
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 06-20-2011, 09:57 PM  
Closed Thread