Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #49  
Interview with a Vampire (the movie) wasn't so bad.. but I was sooo pissed about Armand D< He is suppose to look YOUNG! Late teens early very early 20s..

but they did more then mess with Akasha.. the movie BARELY got into how the queen was turned into a vamp.. what she did to the Twins..

They made it look as if Marius made Lestat when he DID NOT! *rage*

you know how many people fight me on this just because of the movie ><

*could rant on and on how they butchered that book*

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Last edited by Demonskid; 03-05-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Old Posted 03-05-2011, 11:07 PM Reply With Quote  
More More Magic
Haha, DK! *hugs* I just hate that Tomimafuckingpsycho Cruise played Lestat.

Pie! Nope, I got one of her books (Hamilton) and didn't like it at all because of the smut level. There is mild lovey dovey stuff in the books but they won't make you cringe.

Old Posted 03-05-2011, 11:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #51  
I didn't care for him as lestat.. but at least the movie had his hair color right ><

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 03-05-2011, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!

Yay! I don't mind mild lovey-dovey. Explicit detail every other page for the entire book is too much. X__X her first like, 8 were really good. No sex until the 6th book, and until the 9th book, there was very little of it past that one. it was about the crime and being a zombie-raiser. Annnnddd then...yeah. =\

Okay guys, I'll see you in the morning. I'm getting tired here. Long day, ahaha. Sleep well!
A Fishy and .Rousi Quest
Animal Lover? Come join us!

Best people on earth can be found at the 10,000 Cat Paws Charity!

Gogo super kinspowers flowers and fish react!
Old Posted 03-05-2011, 11:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #53  
After Indiana Jones goes off I'm off to bed as well

Night Pi :3

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 03-05-2011, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
More More Magic
I think i'm going to go lay down and do some reading myself! Thanks for coming to the thread guys! Sleep well :)

Old Posted 03-05-2011, 11:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #55  
If anyone wants the ebook like files (not pdf) of the cat who series i have them somewhere on my main PC :3

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 03-05-2011, 11:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Oooh... yay for a readers hangout. <3

My favorite genres are Fantasy and Horror. Some favorite authors/series are Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time, Jaqueline Carey's Kushiel series, Stepehen King and Clive Barker.

I really liked Anne Rice's vampire books up until Memnoch the Devil. I just felt Lestat was acting sooo out of character in it. I also liked her Mayfair Witches series.

Hehe, I like Laurel K. Hamilton, although I've read more of her Merry Gentry series than the Anita Blake series. She does tend to start off a little racy and then go full on smut, but I don't mind. She's definitely light, fluffy reading though.

As for Twilight, I've read the entire series and liked it well enough. It's not "OMG best thing EVAR." but it was fun and it was a great distraction for me during a rough time I was going through, so I was probably more forgiving than I'd usually be, lol. I can see the things that people who hate complain about though, and even though I liked the series overall, I also like the mocking of it, cause they're usually right.

I find both extremes of love and hate for it silly. It was a nice, entertaining series with admittedly its share of flaws. It is neither the most amazing vampire series ever written nor the most horrendous worthy to be burnt series ever written.

I honestly think most of the more rabid hate for the series is misplaced annoyance at the more rabid fans and not really about the book itself. Especially considering that a lot of the people who say they hate it, have somehow come to that conclusion without ever having even read it.

And... that's my wall o' text for the evening ^.^;;
My first Trisphee art! Much love to the amazing Mica. <3 Check out the full size Here
Old Posted 03-06-2011, 01:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Little Monster
Default   #57  
Good morning everyone.

I agree with you, Ana, about the misplaced hate for the series. ^^
This is Madness!!
Madness!? This is TRISPHEE!!

No H8
Old Posted 03-06-2011, 12:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
=w= I am part of the half that hated how everyone was all like "OMG orgasmic book ever! read it now or your not my friend!" -.- yea.. that there tells me.. don't read it.. that and all the commercials that are like "team edward or jake choose now" lame..

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 03-06-2011, 12:30 PM Reply With Quote  
Little Monster
Default   #59  
(*Cough* team Jacob *cough*) xDD
But that's understandable if that's not your taste. ^^
This is Madness!!

No H8
Old Posted 03-06-2011, 12:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
xD pretty much. I don't like being told to read something or I'll lose a friend.. I'll end up reading it when the.. buzz dies down.. in like 10 years xD

I did the same thing with harry potter.. (the books put me to sleep so I only watch the movies for now.. thou.. reading the last book is tempting ._. I wanna know how it all ends)

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 03-06-2011, 12:42 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #61  
❧ ❤ ✸ ❤ ❖ ✬ ❖ ❃ ❖ ✬ ❖ ❤ ✸ ❤ ❧

This looks like a nice place for me to be.

The end of the Harry Potter series is kinda obvious and is nice. She ends it with everything being in the future. Like I think it was about 10 years after the final battle.

Old Posted 03-06-2011, 12:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Little Monster
I had to read the Harry Potter book for a book club I was in, very glad I read it, but the movies suck compared to the books, though it was a long read.

Hi there Saiyouri!
This is Madness!!

No H8
Old Posted 03-06-2011, 12:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #63  
The books always tend to put me to sleep D:

but the books are always better then the movies. the movies tend to be butchered in one way or another ><

。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 03-06-2011, 12:49 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!

Hi there Kira.

I read up to the 3rd book if I'm right. I refused to read or watch the movies after that book. I still hate the damn series. That bitch shouldn't of offed my favorite character.

The movies are ok to me. But my husband would agree with you Demon about the books and movies. He was pissed with the last one they released. They cut out so much good stuff from the book and I guess the storyline was worse than the one before the Deathly Hollows movie.

Old Posted 03-06-2011, 12:54 PM Reply With Quote