Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Fresh meat :D
Cool Newbie   #1  
Hey! My name is Maddie and I'm pretty new here (although that's probably pretty obvious)! Can't remember how I found out about this, but I thought I might as well try it out.

Some stuff about me~
- I love lolita fashion, decora, and fairy kei.
- I like to draw, but I'm super shy about posting my art! Maybe someday I'll be confident enough
- I watch anime occasionally, and I'm always looking for recommendations
Old Posted 06-05-2017, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Wanderer
Art? Art. Aaaaaarrrrrt.

Um, anyhow, welcome to Tris!
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 06-05-2017, 12:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #3  
Welcome to Trisphee! :D I have a feeling you might be a fan of Yuri on Ice! Hehe
Old Posted 06-05-2017, 12:30 AM Reply With Quote  
-Espy- Thank you!

-Tohopekaliga- Thank you to you as well! I'm actually a bit obsessed with it haha QuQ
Old Posted 06-05-2017, 12:43 AM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #5  
I'm also new here, I joined a couple days ago, but I also like decora/fairy kei/lolita and honestly have the Yuri on Ice opening as one of the ringtones on my phone. So... Nice to meet you. Interesting that we joined around the same time, haha.
Old Posted 06-05-2017, 05:48 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Welcome to trisphee! No need to be shy around here<3

Old Posted 06-05-2017, 10:26 AM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #7  
PLEASE LET US BE OBSESSED TOGETHER
WE EVEN HAVE SOME CLOTHES THAT CAN MAKE A YURIO COSPLAY
Ml, Dk and I did a YOI cosplay during december XD

And yes lolita fashion do tell me more @.@ I have only been able to stare at glorious pictures and peer at clothing online, but I'm not cool enough to physically do et yet D:

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 06-05-2017, 11:46 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
-sees art-

Well hello there fellow artist, I hope you enjoy your time here at Trisphee :)

♥ Never be afraid to be yourself ♥

Want to see my art or webcomic?
Serra's Art Gallery

A Neko's Quest | My Closet
Kitsune's Haven

Image courtesty
of tsukiko
Old Posted 06-05-2017, 03:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper 2 Telluride View Post
I'm also new here, I joined a couple days ago, but I also like decora/fairy kei/lolita and honestly have the Yuri on Ice opening as one of the ringtones on my phone. So... Nice to meet you. Interesting that we joined around the same time, haha.
Oh wow, we seem pretty similar lol! What's your favorite lolita brand? I love almost anything AP comes out with (but I haven't been able to get any dresses from them yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Welcome to trisphee! No need to be shy around here<3
Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparX View Post
PLEASE LET US BE OBSESSED TOGETHER
WE EVEN HAVE SOME CLOTHES THAT CAN MAKE A YURIO COSPLAY
Ml, Dk and I did a YOI cosplay during december XD

And yes lolita fashion do tell me more @.@ I have only been able to stare at glorious pictures and peer at clothing online, but I'm not cool enough to physically do et yet D:
YESS I COSPLAY YURIO IRL SO THAT WOULD BE PERFECT

And aww I bet you would look awesome! I don't own a lot of dresses yet, but I prefer sweet lolita <33 I'm going to a con on Friday wearing my favorite dress that I own so hopefully I can get some good pictures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serra Britt View Post
-sees art-

Well hello there fellow artist, I hope you enjoy your time here at Trisphee :)
Thank you!
Old Posted 06-05-2017, 08:14 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
... How weird would this be if I said that was actually my favourite...? xD

I like most of the brands actually, but I find myself staring at those pictures more often than the others, haha. I don't own any "proper" lolita dresses though, since a fair amount of them are either expensive or difficult to get for some reason. I do have some lolita dresses, but they're either just similar style things I've found at stores in the area or I've made a couple of my own. Lolita skirts are fun to wear, but I personally find them frustrating to make.
Old Posted 06-05-2017, 08:47 PM Reply With Quote  
It's ALIVE
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by yurioplisetskyy View Post
YESS I COSPLAY YURIO IRL SO THAT WOULD BE PERFECT

And aww I bet you would look awesome! I don't own a lot of dresses yet, but I prefer sweet lolita <33 I'm going to a con on Friday wearing my favorite dress that I own so hopefully I can get some good pictures!
Oh not IRL (though irl would be awesome) it was here on this site using items available to us =O I'll see if I can find it, it was somewhere here on the cruchyroll hangout. I was victor, Dk was Yuri, and Ml was Yurio.

Pictures to stare at =O <3
I myself prefer gothic lolita. I'm a black kind of person. Super mean. I'll fisticuffs anyone. ;D
Though some people say they think I would do better sweet. D:

{MyAnimeList}{My MAL Graph!}{Read manga? Come here!}

Currently Questing For: Lil Spoops,Puppet Master, Toamna lantern, Cyber Reaper,Braen's Jacket
Have Au and some Runes
Buy runes from me! PM for details!

Old Posted 06-05-2017, 09:35 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
what kind of anime do you tend to gravitate towards? i'm kinda all over the place, but i tend to always fall back on the magical girl shows xD

i don't own any true lolita fashion as they are made for thin body types...not potatoes like myself. but i've acquired quite a few lolita-isqe dresses from torrid/hot topic. a few years ago, i wouldn't have had the courage to buy or wear dresses. but something clicked in me when a friend shared a retro-isque site with me that showed their fashions on regular models of all sizes and shapes. i found this gorgeous floral-y dress on there for $40 instead of 150, decided to go for it because the dress did not make the plus-size model look like a potato in a flour sack xD since then, i bought up dresses when i could afford them, retro style and lolita style. i still have one dress i haven't gotten the courage to wear, as i don't like pink >__> but it's a hello kitty lolita looking dress, with the frilly bib on the chest. it's adorable, but i'm more a gothic not a sweet lolita.
Old Posted 06-05-2017, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #13  
DK heard her name o3o wut? oh YOI o3o -hides the doujinshi she's been reading- wut?

Hi! Welcome to tris ovo Any anime lover should visit the Crunchyroll thread... o3o recommendations for anime.. Morose Mononokean, Natsume Yujin Cho... things with cut floofy mascots >w<

o3o i'ma go back to my CR hidy-hole >w>,

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 06-06-2017, 11:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
*crashes in* I heard Cosplayer! My people! *clings to* What convention are you going to? Maybe if you are close we can meet up and hang out.
Old Posted 06-06-2017, 05:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Copper 2 Telluride View Post
... How weird would this be if I said that was actually my favourite...? xD

I like most of the brands actually, but I find myself staring at those pictures more often than the others, haha. I don't own any "proper" lolita dresses though, since a fair amount of them are either expensive or difficult to get for some reason. I do have some lolita dresses, but they're either just similar style things I've found at stores in the area or I've made a couple of my own. Lolita skirts are fun to wear, but I personally find them frustrating to make.
Oh my gosh xD Tbh its sorta hard not to love AP though!

For dresses that are inexpensive Bodyline is great, plus there's more variety in sizes! My current favorite dress I own is from there and the quality is pretty nice for how low the cost is (although shipping can get a bit pricey if you order a lot). I've never really tried making anything for lolita other than accessories, but I only ever really hand sew, so making a whole dress or skirt would take a long time for me QwQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparX View Post
Oh not IRL (though irl would be awesome) it was here on this site using items available to us =O I'll see if I can find it, it was somewhere here on the cruchyroll hangout. I was victor, Dk was Yuri, and Ml was Yurio.

Pictures to stare at =O <3
I myself prefer gothic lolita. I'm a black kind of person. Super mean. I'll fisticuffs anyone. ;D
Though some people say they think I would do better sweet. D:
Ooh I'll have to check out that thread!

Gothic lolita is pretty nice too, and was actually the first style I tried wearing! Dark colors don't really suit me though haha QvQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsukiko View Post
what kind of anime do you tend to gravitate towards? i'm kinda all over the place, but i tend to always fall back on the magical girl shows xD

i don't own any true lolita fashion as they are made for thin body types...not potatoes like myself. but i've acquired quite a few lolita-isqe dresses from torrid/hot topic. a few years ago, i wouldn't have had the courage to buy or wear dresses. but something clicked in me when a friend shared a retro-isque site with me that showed their fashions on regular models of all sizes and shapes. i found this gorgeous floral-y dress on there for $40 instead of 150, decided to go for it because the dress did not make the plus-size model look like a potato in a flour sack xD since then, i bought up dresses when i could afford them, retro style and lolita style. i still have one dress i haven't gotten the courage to wear, as i don't like pink >__> but it's a hello kitty lolita looking dress, with the frilly bib on the chest. it's adorable, but i'm more a gothic not a sweet lolita.
I just tend to watch whatever looks interesting! Which mainly tends to be romance or psychological.

Quite a bit of brand dresses (and indie brands) have dresses that work for plus sizes due to shirring! I'm not really thin (US 16/18) and I've found a good amount of dresses that work for my measurements. I think I actually have that Hello Kitty dress you're talking about, if this is the one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonskid View Post
DK heard her name o3o wut? oh YOI o3o -hides the doujinshi she's been reading- wut?

Hi! Welcome to tris ovo Any anime lover should visit the Crunchyroll thread... o3o recommendations for anime.. Morose Mononokean, Natsume Yujin Cho... things with cut floofy mascots >w<

o3o i'ma go back to my CR hidy-hole >w>,
Ooh what doujin? There's a lot of really good YoI ones <3

I'll definitely be checking out the thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiva View Post
*crashes in* I heard Cosplayer! My people! *clings to* What convention are you going to? Maybe if you are close we can meet up and hang out.
Yay! I'm going to A-kon! It's pretty close to where I live so I try to go every year Σd(゚∀゚ )
Old Posted 06-06-2017, 05:50 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
I actually like some of those dresses, thanks for sharing that website.

I do everything by hand, so it does take a little longer, but it's easier to add little details and it feels nicer once it's finally done. Most of what I make is more for decora than lolita, but I like making both and sometimes random other things for no real reason.
Old Posted 06-06-2017, 07:22 PM Reply With Quote