Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Barrel of Monkeys
Post Girls and Tin Cans [Spider and Sunshine]   #1  
Galactic Year 1357

It has been nearly a century since humanity itself joined the ranks of other lifeforms in the galaxy, into the Hegemony of Worlds, and earned their place among the various aliens they had encountered. Human space has nearly tripled in size, and near non-stop exchanges of ideas and scientific advancement has led to the prosperity and the beginning of a golden age of discovery and peace. A peace that would last for nearly 400 years.

Galactic Year 1642

The Collapse. A series of conflicts that had brought about the dissolving of the Hegemony, and the destruction of many planets, alliances and even a few species. Wars that lasted generations of families, and the development of weapons capable of unparalleled amount of destruction the likes no one had ever seen before. With such a massive loss of life, and property, it only took so long before the species of the galaxy grew tired of the endless conflict and sought to bring about peace once more. In the end two major factions vied for control of the galaxy, and to bring the semblance of order back. The New Hegemony, composed of humanity, and several other hundred races, and the Coalition of Androm, founded after the Adromian Empire which had conquered and eventually formed a federation of several major cultures. Peace talks eventually unfolded into an uneasy truce between the two

Galactic Year 1832

The current year. Despite the truce still holding, border skirmishes between the Hegemony and the Coalition are frequent and commonplace. Old scars between alien rivals have opened fresh, and between rivals is not uncommon, with the rest of their respected factions too afraid to intervene and assist, if out of fear of another collapse. Despite talks of unity between the two governments, it appears that each planet is simply left to defend itself. On top of it all, on the very outlying reaches of the galaxy, reports of border planets going silent are commonplace, with the visits from others finding planets bare of all life, and the rumors of a new species making gains in the galaxy.

A species that seems to hold everything else hostile and fit for extermination...

-----

You know the drill, Spider. Characters in here, ideas and the usual as well~!

Also I intend on being a bit more visceral this time around if you're up for it.
Old Posted 09-13-2017, 03:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Weaver of Webs
sylvanSpider's Characters!~<3~

M a r i e
Last edited by sylvanSpider; 09-13-2017 at 05:58 PM.
Old Posted 09-13-2017, 05:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #3  
Name: Nepha
Species: Unknown
Alignment Neutral Evil

Quote:
I remember… I remember the gift of immortality. Many, so many, resisted. But not me. I was one of the first. Others had to be dragged kicking and screaming. But not me. I skipped and danced gleefully over the lip of damnation. I was burned and devoured utterly. And I was killed. But I was reborn. Transmuted from one form into another. My blighted, irradiated, flawed, beautiful flesh was nothing but an empty husk. A discarded remnant. I had shed my skin. I was re-made. I was immortal. One of the first of legions upon legions.

Immortality is a lie.
Bio:

Once there was a race in the stars. Short-lived. Isolated from the other species. So short-lived and meek, the species was never given a name by the others whom passed over their planet. And how the people below on that world looked up towards those with their extended lives. Living more decades than they could ever wish for, safe from a sun that didn't coat the world in lethal radiation. Hatred seeped into their hearts and their minds, and while toxic enveloped both their bodies and their minds, the race began to work and tinker. Scientists began work that lasted generations upon generations to extend their lives. Everything from gene therapy to bio augmentation ended in disastrous failure.

Until the Angels came.

When the angels in their skin of platinum descended on the world, the planet's leaders came forth and rejoiced as the species were offered a chance to be reborn. Free from the rotten conditions of their lives. No longer would the pinnacle of age be considered 20 years. No longer would they have to fear the sun that spewed out radiation and solar swells that wiped out cities. No longer would the other aliens in the universe mock them. Ignore them. Refuse to acknowledge them. And they could lord among the galaxy. All for the simple price of servitude. A price that seemed worthwhile...

Horror would be realized when the species found the angels ripping their souls from their bodies; essence being transferred into cold, mechanical bodies. Those that resisted were attacked by their converted kin and forced to undergo the same process. It only took weeks before the planet was a tomb of metal women and men. Slaves to the angels that had brought them the gift of immortality and preyed on their desires and needs.

Of course. Angels and gods grow tired of their playthings. The species was discarded, and their world nothing more than a ghost world. Barren. Hollow. Ruins and monuments crumbling as a fatal warning to those that believe the stories.

Nepha was one of the first to accept the change. The thought of immortality preserving her beauty, and a chance to rule as a queen forever? She sat their smiling before she realized just what she had become in the process; the woman one of few who managed to keep slivers of memories before her kind was discarded by the angels; Nepha put to sleep for when the gods might possibly wake her up to play with her, and her kind once more...
Last edited by BlueInTheShell; 09-13-2017 at 08:20 PM.
Old Posted 09-13-2017, 08:07 PM Reply With Quote