Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It's over 9000!
Default   #97  
yep that one; It reminds me of the Tin Man as well
which is why I got it gave it to my GM (aka my dad) and I'm having him read it and teach me and a small group of friends (basically whoever I can get to go with me and learn it)

brown-coats 4 life indeed <3
"It's in the stars.
It's been written in the scars on our hearts.

Your head is running wild again, my dear.
We still have everythin'.
We're not broken, just bent.
I'll fix it for us.
Our love's enough. "
Old Posted 05-23-2011, 05:37 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Never played WoW except in table-top form. I refused to get into is since I was in university and didn't want to get into the whole online gaming thing. I'll stick with my comp and consoles, thank you very much, but I'll admit that the odd time we played Baldur's Gate 2 muiltiplayer was great fun, but there were three of us and we were all in the same room with connected computers. That said, I'd still prefer to table-top game to anything electronic any day.
Old Posted 05-23-2011, 06:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Head Stalker
Default   #99  
Well... I went downtown today to see how much our local used game store has changed... Its more of a hobby shop now. They sell table-top and trading card games, and they host 4e and Dark Heresy games. Its surprising how much has changed, but its really cool.

I even found a game called Zombies! It kinda reminds me of Left 4 Dead, but with more backstabbing. It looked really interesting, but I can't afford it, sadly. Ah well, there's always next time.
Vampy is my stalking victim!

Table-Top RPGs!

Old Posted 05-25-2011, 08:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
wow sanepsycho you play the same games i do ;D
Old Posted 05-25-2011, 08:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Head Stalker
Default   #101  
Orly? We only game together, Exile! :DDD

Table-Top RPGs!

Old Posted 05-25-2011, 08:27 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Zombies!!! the board game? I have that one here, complete with an extra "bag-o-zombies" since we've found there weren't enough in the game. There are four of them now, I think, with some expansions. Fun games. :)
Old Posted 05-25-2011, 10:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Head Stalker
Default   #103  
Not enough zombies? o_O Even though the game comes with 100 of 'em? Or maybe that was just the box I found...

And our group has broken another nerd barrier. We're gonna start recording our sessions. At least our Pathfinder ones. We start our game this Saturday, so I'm really excited for it. ^_^

Table-Top RPGs!

Old Posted 05-26-2011, 02:19 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Yeah, well, in a four player game you go through them pretty fast since players hang onto them once they are killed for the zombie count option of winning the game. By the end of the game the board was pretty much plugged and getting to the helicopter pad was a bit of wishful thinking for some players. We would throw zombies in front of each other all the time to slow each other down if certain people were running for the pad.
Old Posted 05-26-2011, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Head Stalker
Default   #105  
Ahh, I see. Hahaha! That's really awesome! I'm definitely gonna have to pic that one up. >:3

Table-Top RPGs!

Old Posted 05-27-2011, 12:29 PM Reply With Quote  
The Best You Ever Had ;]
I started my firs time table-topping at all with Star Wars last week, but we've moved onto D&D.
The group I'm with is hilarious and so far, really fun. :>
this is my character
Half-elf ranger. >|3 Fufufufu.

**11/25/2023**
I am Hobovampire everyone but here and I cannot for the life of me recall why. Sup.

Blaine says you should visit his:
Oh! The Possibilites: Art Shop~| Homeless Arts: Art Gallery |Splendida Giornata:Exchange Thread | Homeless Musings: Art Tumblr|

Old Posted 05-27-2011, 12:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Head Stalker
Default   #107  
Oooh, that's a cool character pic, Blaine.

If ya can't see the Ranger, you're in trouble. >:3

Table-Top RPGs!

Old Posted 05-27-2011, 12:51 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
My original character is a human ranger. She tends to be the back-up everything. She's the one who heals the cleric when he goes down (our cleric is not the hide-in-the-back-ranks-and-heal-people type) and does the sneaky ambush stuff when the rogue is low on hit points.

My other character include a halfling cleric that I keep trying to get killed, a half-elf fire obsessed cleric, and an elf bard with the wisdom of a turnip. My online characters are/were a human cleric (extrmemely tough cleric), happy gnome druid, half-elf bard that gambles, cheats, lies, and changes his life story every 15 minutes or so. I like him. :D. Oh, forgot, in table top there was also the gold-elf dumb blonde barbarian and the tauren fire shaman, and online the equivalent of "Fabio the Barbarian." Blue eyes, blonde hair, shiny teeth that go *ping,* etc.
Old Posted 05-28-2011, 12:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #109  
I've never liked rangers. (except in Icewind Dale where they double hp at first level for some strange reason. :D) They feel too spread out, excelling at nothing, and specialization is the name of the game in DnD. Favored Enemy is too niche, and too weak, to be a defining class feature.

...Suzerain may be a bit of a powergamer.

Anyway, while we're on the subject, the character I have in Quiet's online game is a bit complicated. He's an Aasimar cleric 6/paladin of justice 2, he worships pure lawful neutrality and is an atheist (sort of). He also has traded Turn Undead for additional Smite Chaos attempts, and uses Spontaneous Casting instead of prepared.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-28-2011, 01:32 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Favoured enemy I think was tougher in 3e than in 3.5. It seems the Ranger may have gotten powered down a little over the years. My Ranger was 2e to start with, 18/00 strength so yeah, superhero. I dropped it to 18 when we converted to 3e because humans can't have starting strength beyond 18 in the new rules (18/00 translates to 23) and I was a bit less of a powergamer than I used to be. My sorcerer/bard online (which I totally forgot about) had her highest stat at 16! Gasp! I would freak at something that "low" when I was 14 (agewise). ;)
Old Posted 05-28-2011, 01:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #111  
I remember when I redid all the classes for my campaign setting to bring them all up to the power level I wanted, the Ranger got the biggest boost. I think I basically fused Ranger and Scout, upped the Favored Enemy bonus to 1/2 ranger level, and fleshed out their combat styles more.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 05-28-2011, 01:45 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
This thread can't be dead. I just found it.
Saw Sane's siggy pic and exclaimed aloud "DICE!" then upon recovering discover the link. I love tabletop RPGs unfortunately our gaming buddies moved away so it's just me and the hubby now. We play a Buffy the Vampire Slayer game and a loose version of Dungeons and Dragons. Every once in a great while we play something entirely made up involving time travel.
. .

Old Posted 09-14-2011, 03:12 AM Reply With Quote