Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #6689  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stabbsworth View Post
it's percival! in all seriousness, i have no knowledge on sewing but it seems easy enough even if my stitches are god awful.
Everyone's stitches start out godawful. I have had a costume pop seams because of how bad my stitches were. thankfully, the seam that popped was covered by another costume part.
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 08-09-2023, 06:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den View Post
Everyone's stitches start out godawful. I have had a costume pop seams because of how bad my stitches were. thankfully, the seam that popped was covered by another costume part.

seams about right, hah.

i managed to re-sew a pocket a few days ago. sure as hell hasn't broken yet.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-09-2023, 10:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6691  
I need to stop being intimidated by patterns one of these days, pick up some cheap fabric, and test out some of the ones I bought forever ago.

Also...I REALLY want to buy some expensive fabric we have at Joann because it's a beautiful dark green metallic brocade fabric with a celtic knot design and I want to turn it into a coat. Or even just lining for a coat. But it is like $23 per yard.
Less with sales and employee discount, but still a lot.
Old Posted 08-10-2023, 01:09 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Kaderin, second hand bed sheets make great practise material. If the fancy YouTube sewing girls haven't bought them all.

Nobody wants to buy the baby dragon doll because of his little :< face. Well, I'm not going to make him smile. I'll give him away to someone who loves him.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-13-2023, 11:43 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6693  
Frowny dragon baby? Have I seen this one yet?

And yeah...I actually have a ton of cheap fabric that I bought a while ago that I can use to practice for some stuff. Mostly smaller projects, but I might have enough of one for a dress or skirt pattern. I got it super discounted because the mostly white fabric has a faint blue stripe (flaw) through all of it.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 08-13-2023 at 02:48 PM.
Old Posted 08-13-2023, 02:44 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
I THINK I showed you a picture, Kaderin. In case I didn't I posted it up on Discord.

Faint blue stripe sounds kind of pretty. Also like fabric you could tie die.
I'm not very active right now, because of stuff. If you don't see me around and you really need to get hold of me, you can yell at me over at one of these places?

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-13-2023, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6695  
Dug through my fabrics a bit to see if I could find the flawed one and I think I found it. I couldn't see the flawed bit, but either way, I don't think tie dying would work super well as the fabric is a white background with somewhat small blue floral design. And it's less fabric than I thought it was. Probably between 1.5-2 yards. But it was very cheap I probably paid less than or close to $2 for it.
I'm thinking it would work for the lining of tote bags maybe. Or for any small pattern test really.

Update: Found the "damaged" part. It's a small section in the middle of the fabric piece where it almost looks like the blue from the design was smudged or something. It's very subtle and I think the only reason I bought it was because otherwise after we trimmed out the damaged part, we'd be left with 2 remnants so it was just easier to buy it myself.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 08-13-2023 at 11:00 PM.
Old Posted 08-13-2023, 10:47 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Yeah, that design would look pretty lining a bag or storage basket.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-14-2023, 10:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Default   #6697  
Maybe I'll dig around in my patterns this week and see if I can talk myself into being brave and sewing something simple...
Either that or work on the shawl I started at the beginning of summer. It's a little over 1/4 done.
Old Posted 08-15-2023, 11:47 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
got a gallon-sized jar of pickles earlier this month, finally transferred the pickles to a ziplock bag, and cleaned out the jar. now I have a big jar for cold brew coffee :3

Quote:
Old Posted 08-15-2023, 07:39 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6699  
*sorrow for the pickles consigned to second best*

Really hoping that's actually funny. We got hit with a hail storm last night, and I was running around a crowded tent trying to rescue our clothes while standing in freezing water to the ankle in places. Then I couldn't sleep.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-18-2023, 12:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
the pickles, aside from the ones that fell and landed on the floor when I was trying to seal the bag, have been getting consumed, so no waste there :)

Quote:
Old Posted 08-18-2023, 09:12 PM Reply With Quote  
I Am Tam
Default   #6701  
That should comfort them for being evicted. ...What kind of pickles?

I'm going to be working solo except for God for over a week. Today we got everything cleaned up after yesterday's storm and set things up to make it easy for me to manage.

My blog.

KofK

CS

Gaia

Sale thread

woman
Old Posted 08-19-2023, 12:51 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Fun fact...have discovered that a lot of museums and zoos have little pushies wearing shirts with their logo on it...and that those shirts almost fit Derpy perfectly. Which I've already discovered...but now he's a cute little tour guide!
Old Posted 08-20-2023, 05:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Harmless
Default   #6703  
Sweet tea and sewing? Count me in!
Old Posted 08-23-2023, 02:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Pixelist
getting the thread through the eye of the needle is a pain.
percival is busy being queer as hell. he was also here.
somewhat busy working for trisphee.

a reckoning will not be postponed indefinitely.
Old Posted 08-23-2023, 10:11 AM Reply With Quote