Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default Coda's Not-So-Secret Project!   #1  
Crystal Caverns of Kalin is getting close to completion! The game itself is now fully playable, but it's not integrated into Trisphee itself yet.

So... I'm looking for feedback! Bug reports! And whatever else you want to say!

The "Games by Coda" thread is here so mosey on over.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 02:47 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
link, maybe? i am not a follower so i have no idea where your game is
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 02:49 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #3  
It can be found heeeeere.

I end up playing this a lot more than I should, really.

Coda, as far as any bugs go, I've noticed that on occasion that sometimes I can catch a platform just right and instead of being shoved one way or another, it will catch me and instantly kill me. I don't know if it's supposed to be that way or not, since I guess I would be technically getting smuckered by the scroll wall of doom.

Also, if anyone beats my high score I'll give you one of this month's DI's.

Old Posted 11-29-2015, 03:15 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
I don't like the double-tap on the spacebar for the gravity thing. It keeps messing me up. Should put it as a separate key.
My DeviantART
I get distracted easily, Private Message me for faster responses.
Last edited by Obsidian; 11-29-2015 at 03:33 AM.
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 03:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Default   #5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
wtf.... be nice if there were instructions on how to play.
Er...unless I linked an old version or something, there are instructions on the title page. Keyboard list on the left hand side.
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 03:27 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
It was there. My bad. My eyes play tricks on me and didn't see it. Dunno how I didn't.... seems so obvious now. I re-edited my post about the spacebar key.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 03:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #7  
It also doesn't recognize some of my spacebar clicking either. Especially when it starts getting fast and you try to do a jump instantly after landing, it does the gravity reverse... Which is why I think that should be a separate key.

I wouldn't play this. Sorry.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 03:40 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
it's borderline unplayable for a newbie like me x_____x if i hold the space it does not jump, if i don't hit the space right it sometimes does not jump and the gravity thing is screwing me up something bad x_____x i thought i was falling and i was just flipping over and i ended up dying because i did not keep going(because i thought i fell)

the background speed also makes everything feel like it is going faster than it is and that is a bit disorientating
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 03:40 AM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Default   #9  
Oh, also the score doesn't seem to change for me. It still tells me the highest score is 0 despite the score I just had. So not sure how I could even prove my high score without risking being dropped into the abyss to click the PRT SC button which I don't have memorized, so I have to look at my keyboard to find it.
My DeviantART
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 03:45 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Just going to leave this here...

Old Posted 11-29-2015, 10:59 AM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #11  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salone View Post
Coda, as far as any bugs go, I've noticed that on occasion that sometimes I can catch a platform just right and instead of being shoved one way or another, it will catch me and instantly kill me. I don't know if it's supposed to be that way or not, since I guess I would be technically getting smuckered by the scroll wall of doom. [/IMG][/SPOIL]
It is intentional, but it shouldn't be INSTANTLY. It should be the side of the platform shoving you off the left side of the screen before you can slip past it.

Quote:
It also doesn't recognize some of my spacebar clicking either. Especially when it starts getting fast and you try to do a jump instantly after landing, it does the gravity reverse... Which is why I think that should be a separate key.

I wouldn't play this. Sorry.
Actually that's exactly the reason it REQUIRES a double-tap -- to make sure you don't accidentally flip gravity if you hit the jump button right before you land or right after you slip off the end of a platform.

Putting it on a separate button really, really sucks for people who are playing on mobile/console platforms. (This almost works on 3DS and WiiU, it just needs a bit of cleanup for performance.) Console browsers don't reliably broadcast any button but one, and mobile browsers have such unpredictable real estate space that I can't put the button somewhere that's consistently usable. (If it were a native app instead of a web game, things would be different.)

No need to apologize for not playing it. If it's not your cup of tea, that's why we're trying to get more games -- so that there's something for everyone. Perhaps you'll be more interested in the next one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littl3chocobo View Post
it's borderline unplayable for a newbie like me x_____x if i hold the space it does not jump, if i don't hit the space right it sometimes does not jump and the gravity thing is screwing me up something bad x_____x i thought i was falling and i was just flipping over and i ended up dying because i did not keep going(because i thought i fell)

the background speed also makes everything feel like it is going faster than it is and that is a bit disorientating
Hmm... What are your computer specs? I think I understand what you're describing, but that specific issue is something I've never seen before on any platform I've tested on. (Okay, that's not quite true, it was an issue right at the beginning of development two years ago, and I fixed it pretty quickly because it was annoying as crap, but I've not seen it since then.) Holding the space bar is absolutely supposed to jump and not flip gravity.

I'm not sure what to say about the background speed effect. :x

Quote:
Oh, also the score doesn't seem to change for me. It still tells me the highest score is 0 despite the score I just had. So not sure how I could even prove my high score without risking being dropped into the abyss to click the PRT SC button which I don't have memorized, so I have to look at my keyboard to find it.
Hmm. That's curious. I wonder when I broke that. Thanks for the bug report; I can reproduce it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
Just going to leave this here...

For what?

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 01:48 PM Reply With Quote  
The One and Only
This is definitely a challenging game.
My issues are sometimes it won't let me jump at all so I just keep dying right away
and I wish that at the start of the game, you'd start at the left most edge of the platform instead of the middle since some rounds I would just fall straight down x_x
(but then again that might just be me)

Sergeant Pup
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 02:01 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #13  
i don't know my specs actually, i do know that i can play emulator games without lags or hiccups and i can run both famicon emulation and the sims(granted it's only a 5gig game with 50k ish downloads XD )so my computer can handle a range without lag, misfires or errors
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 09:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Black Mistress of Purple
Oh, I'd be interested in it if it would play properly but most of my spacebar taps don't even work so I get to the point where I'd hit my spacebar hard (which I don't like doing, btw...) and sometimes the game mistakes it as a double-tap. If it would get fixed, I'd play it.

I've tested my spacebar to make sure that it wasn't just my keyboard in my laptop needing to be cleaned but it works just perfectly. I barely have to press it for it to create a space.

Oh, then there are times where the game drops me completely off the bar. Like, it'll land on the bar at the very edge but when I click the spacebar, it doesn't jump at all. I fall instantly.
My DeviantART
Last edited by Obsidian; 11-29-2015 at 10:13 PM.
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 10:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #15  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hero View Post
This is definitely a challenging game.
My issues are sometimes it won't let me jump at all so I just keep dying right away
and I wish that at the start of the game, you'd start at the left most edge of the platform instead of the middle since some rounds I would just fall straight down x_x
(but then again that might just be me)
Well, that's why there's forgiveness for quick deaths -- it doesn't use up a life if you can't get a good start. (You should also consider using the left and right arrows to control your horizontal speed; this should help with making precision landings.)

The fact that it drops you onto a platform at all when you start is a LOT of math. @.@ The code for it is pretty short but I spent half an hour or so solving algebraic equations to figure out whether or not it's safe to turn gravity on.

Quote:
Oh, I'd be interested in it if it would play properly but most of my spacebar taps don't even work so I get to the point where I'd hit my spacebar hard (which I don't like doing, btw...) and sometimes the game mistakes it as a double-tap. If it would get fixed, I'd play it.

I've tested my spacebar to make sure that it wasn't just my keyboard in my laptop needing to be cleaned but it works just perfectly. I barely have to press it for it to create a space.

Oh, then there are times where the game drops me completely off the bar. Like, it'll land on the bar at the very edge but when I click the spacebar, it doesn't jump at all. I fall instantly.
Would a different button work better? It actually accepts Return/Enter as an alternative because this is what the WiiU's A button sends. I also wouldn't have a problem binding, say, Z to it. (The shift key is a "maybe.")

Also, you don't need to wait to land to press the jump button. If you're holding it when you touch down you immediately bounce. I added this feature specifically because of edge timing.

Old Posted 11-29-2015, 10:16 PM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
dude, if you have to implement death forgiveness then there is a serious problem with the core game >x>;;
Old Posted 11-29-2015, 10:20 PM Reply With Quote