Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Psych
Default   #17  
What if we did a plot that involved traveling to different lands at different times to interact with different mythologies?

Like we could start in Egypt, re-connecting with their gods, and move on to another land after that? It would be a good way to stay open to all the different kinds of mythologies we might have a craving to play, but it wouldn't overwhelm us with having to incorporate them all at the same time.

I'd kind of like to see it incorporate something like a corruption of some kind. Like the ancient gods have been enslaved or twisted by some kind of force. So we would have things like maybe a clockwork Horus or a steam-powered Zeus. Maybe they've been enslaved and experimented on by some group, and we're trying to restore them to their former power?

I dunno, feel free to suggest something else. That was just an early idea.
Old Posted 03-02-2011, 11:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Have any of you played Titan Quest?
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 03-02-2011, 02:24 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #19  
~Zombie~

I like the first one, a lot.^ ^ The second one is good, too though. It sort of gives me a Percy Jackson feel... I'm not sure why, since I'm quite the n00b on the PJ subject- I've only seen the movie.

Small Suggestion~~~
A small, wimpy idea of my own...
Perhaps narrowing it down to one specific, world-wide myth to which every mythology has an analogy and version? Combine all of those versions into a 'Universal Truth', or even Gospel, if you will, and it may turn into something quite enjoyable.

~Hermes~
No, I haven't, as a matter of fast.
Pray tell, what idea have you deemed of it?
"And through the heavy tears I cry,
Thine rancid soul; I crucify.
And then in Lucifer's arms, you'll lie,
Dear Child, where you belong."
Old Posted 03-04-2011, 10:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Well, in titan Quest, you play this hero/group of heroes(If you play multiplayer) Who come to this small town, and you end up having to kill this monster for them. Well, a bunch of things lead you to Medusa's lair, and you end up getting enlightened to the fact that the Telkine have come back, and have begun to let Typhon, enemy of the gods, loose. You go through the Greek, Egyptian, and Chinese mythologies, coming to know of all the gods from these lands, then end up in Babylon, then you go to Olympus, etc.
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 03-08-2011, 06:00 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
Default   #21  
Well, I can see Miss Zombie is not going to respond too soon, so I suppose we'll not know her views on the subject.

As for mine, dear Hermes, that's actually quite the idea. And I like it. It's something I wouldn't have a mastery for via having played those parts for years now. It's fresh... How can we turn it into a RolePlay?
"And through the heavy tears I cry,
Thine rancid soul; I crucify.
And then in Lucifer's arms, you'll lie,
Dear Child, where you belong."
Old Posted 03-17-2011, 02:59 PM Reply With Quote