Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

MUTANT D:
Default {Small Group}F.A.T.E{Recruition and OOC}   #1  

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Case File 37: Project F.A.T.E. - Fatally Adept Teenage Experiments

Have you ever wondered why some people live while others die?

Countless religions try to answer the question. Millions of people continue to ask it.

They live the question.

But the question they have to answer is, were they really better off alive?

It started out as an experimental drug. A miracle drug if you may. It was praised as such and it worked on everything from the common cold to a treatment of early stage cancer. It was as celebrated as penicillin, and every hospital wanted a supply. A few months before the drug was going to go mainstream to every hospital in the civilized world with enough money to afford the baseline price, it was already in use in a large hospital in an equally large city, both of which for the sake of the report, will go unnamed.

Six pregnant women, none with any traits to truly tie them together other than going into labor, approximately three weeks before their actual due date on the stormy night of August thirty-first and all of them attending the hospital in question. Said hospital had been home of the development of the drug, so it wasn't a surprise that they had it in use. The infant's were delivered smoothly, no ill-effects from premature birth were visible as the doctors weighed them and took their first tests, but then for no apparent reason, the vitals of all six children began to crash simultaneously.

Panicking, the doctors couldn't find a cause for the failing hearts, lungs and various other body systems. All they knew was that the disease worked fast and efficiently, just when it seemed that all hope was lost, one of the doctors ran and grabbed the miracle drug, which for reference sake we shall call Chemical X from now on, and administered it to the child in their care. The effects were immediate and the disease began to fade from their system.

The doctor notified the others and all six children were cured. However, Chemical X had never been tested on infants, and the side effects were, simply put, unbelievable, though they didn't show physically till long after the children had left the hospital, with their overjoyed mothers. Almost a year later their parent's began to notice strange things, or rather strange powers in their children. Each child had developed two extraordinary powers, super powers if you will, along with one more human talent that didn't really show until later in life.

The parent's were naturally pushed to their wits ends. After all, raising a baby is hard enough without having to worry about them doing something like teleporting halfway across the street or something of equal absurdity. With no other choices available, the parent's returned the children to the hospital, who promised to "cure" them. The parents were, compensated, heavily for their loss, and went about their business as the hospital identified the cause of the powers as Chemical X.

With the possibility of the powers being used for acts of terrorism hanging over their heads, the government quickly halted production, distribution, and use of Chemical X entirely and the children, then barely a year and six months of age, were all detained in a new facility, built on top of the hospital they were born in. They were raised by the government and the doctors and put through harsh physical training to help them master and develop their skills. However, one of the doctors was corrupt, they stole one of the sample bottles of Chemical X, and leaked the pills onto the black market. Now for an infant, one pill is more than enough to cause the super powers to appear, but for an average adult body it is theorized that it would take roughly, half the pills in a bottle to cause the occurrence, but since the pills were believed to have been sold individually, no one really took much notice of it. It's not like some super villain is going to suddenly appear after all.

The doctor's claim that it is all for the sake for the sake of them being able to control their abilities, so that they may be reintegrated into society and their families but from the way the government officials handle the children, putting them through public interviews from the early teenage years on, it seems far more likely that they intend to use the children as some sort of Superhuman Task Force in order to promote their propaganda and renew public confidence in the government. They talk on the interviews as if the accident that caused the children's powers was not even an accident at all, but instead an act by the government to help reduce crime and promote the general welfare.

Don't believe them. It was an accident, I assure you and one that ruined the lives of six innocents. How do I know all of this you ask? Because I'm one of them. As I type all of this down on my laptop in a file I had encrypted by one of my fellow prisoners. No one will likely ever see this, but myself, but recording it all helps. And I solemnly swear to tell you all nothing but the truth in these files.

Before I go, there is something that you should all know, a few days ago we all turned seventeen, and the doctors had something new to tell us. They wanted to start a new part of our training: reintroducing us to our families. Our families will now be allowed to visit us. If that wasn’t enough stress we’re now going to start some of the missions that we were set up to do. Let’s just hope we can survive the next couple of weeks.

--
"Ray"
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 06:44 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Setting
The City:
Our prideful city. Like a futuristic New York, the city is full of thousands of people. Large buildings, restaurants, and shopping districts populate the city. One large river runs through the center of town as well. The City is a commonplace of thousands of skyscrapers and large buildings. Unfortunately it is also plagued by crime and therefor our purpose comes into play. They won't let us loose to beat up the baddies till they think we can handle it though.
The Apartment:
One of the most unique buildings in the city, and right on top of the hospital. Through the front door is the large living room. Complete with modern furnishings this room has one wall with floor to ceiling windows that look over the whole city. To one side is a large kitchen full of the best appliances provided. To the other side is a hallway that leads to each of our rooms. Our rooms are different and decorated to each of our own tastes but each are large and have their own bathroom.
The Hospital:
On all the ground floors the hospital is just that, a hospital. But the basements are a whole other story. The basement is the training room for us. Not only does it have a full gym, track, and high tech training simulator, but it also has a testing area for us as well.
Last edited by Skykittykat; 02-02-2011 at 06:52 PM.
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 06:45 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:
Default   #3  

Rules:
Applications:
I’m not going to make anyone do some odd “put a smile in the pm” type of trick, I like to keep it simple. Simply put, you need to PM me an APPLICATION first. This will include a simple application plus two role play samples, the samples do not have to be from this site, they can be from any forum based roleplay. I reserve the right to deny your application and I’m sorry if I do. If I accept your application I will reserve the spot for you. Then you will have up to two days to complete a profile for your character. If the profile isn’t completed in time I will give up your space without warning.
Profiles:
Follow the Profile layout I have created, if you would like to add something please ask me before doing so. I like the idea of people being able to edit their profile if needed so you will need to first PM it to me so I can check it and then you will post it in the profile page, this way you can freely alter your likes, dislikes, crushes, etc. as they occur in the roleplay without us going through the tedious process of asking me to change it for you.
Posting and Literacy:
I love pretty posts so please decorate your posts. This is a literate role play. That means that not only do you need to keep up fairly good grammar and punctuation but also you need to write at least four paragraphs per post. Posts should happen once every three days. If you cannot do this but have a good reason please PM me. I’m normally as fair as possible so if it’s a good reason I will let you off the hook. After a three days and no posting I will PM you a warning. If after the warning you still do not post after one more day I will kick you out of the role play.
General Rules:
Follow Trisphee TOS. No God-modding. Keep everything PG-16, I'm okay with things getting mature but if you start getting to frisky I'll ask you to either time skip without any details or take it someplace else. Behavior in the ooc is very important: no arguing with other people. Being polite is not that hard. Also please post once in awhile in the ooc it’s good for the role play experience.

I want this role play to be an enjoyable experience for everyone so I will keep a very simple system for rule breaking. Do it once and you get a warning, twice and I kick you out.
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 07:02 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:

Applications
Remember to send this first in a PM with two links to roleplay samples. I want confirmation of literacy.

Just an easy copy and paste for this one:

Character Wanted: (ex. Female Hero 2)
Name:
Posting Color:
Super powers: (if doctor leave blank)
Samples: (don’t forget to put two)
Heros:
Arianna Rayanne Skye
Posting Color: Teal
Superpowers: Teleportation and Transmogrification
Full Profile

Andrea "Andy" Price
Posting Color: Dark Slate Blue
Superpowers:Toxin Manipulation and Emphatic Bonding

Saoirse Mac Tire
Posting Color: Dark Red
Superpowers: Elemental Fire and transmutation
Full Profile

Roland Cruciarus
Posting Color: Sienna
Superpowers: Instant proficiency and elemental Earth Control
Full Profile

Lance Monczki
Posting Color: Slate Gray
Superpowers: Ice Manipulation and Possession
Full Profile

Tekai Shidi
Posting Color: Indigo
Superpowers: Shadow Manipulation and spirit control
Full Profile
Doctors:
Doctors will have minor roles so if you have two characters already and want to play a doctor as well then they are available.

Female Doctor 1
Posting Color:

Female Doctor 2
Posting Color:

Male Doctor
Posting Color:

Male Doctor 2
Posting Color:
Villains:
I'm choosing to set this as two for now since there's enough pills to make roughly two adult villains. If the story progresses long enough and both villains are defeated, then we can add more villains at that time.

Delirium
Posting Color: Poison
Superpowers: Dream Manipulation and "real" Illusions

Male Villain
Posting Color:
Superpowers:
I’m willing to add any extra characters if people pm me their idea along with an application.
Role players may only play up to two characters in Fate (three with special permission by myself).
Last edited by Skykittykat; 02-12-2011 at 10:00 PM.
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 07:20 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:
Default   #5  

Remember to fill out an application first and wait for me to give you the reserve. PM me the profile and wait for my approval before posting it in the profile thread.
Heros and Villains:
Code:
[img](Image here)[/img] •••The doctor’s charts say: [color=posting color]•Name[/color] (First, Middle, Last Name) [color=posting color]•Nicknames[/color] (Nickname or superhero name) [color=posting color]•Age[/color] (All heroes are seventeen, villains can choose their age) [color=posting color]•Gender[/color] (male or female?) →But there’s a lot more to me••• [color=posting color]•Love comes in many forms but I’m:[/color] (is your character straight, bisexual, gay?) [color=posting color]•People say I am a good person because I am:[/color] (list of 5+ good personality traits) [color=posting color]•Sometimes I can get on their nerves because I am:[/color] (list of 5+ bad personality traits) [color=posting color]•Things that draw me in:[/color] (list of 5+ likes) [color=posting color]•Things I avoid:[/color] (list of 5+ dislikes) [color=posting color]•What makes me one in a million:[/color] (the two powers. Please write three or more sentences each about how the power works) [color=posting color]•My past is what truly sets me apart:[/color] (Background of your character, at least two paragraphs) [color=posting color]•Don’t tell anyone but I like:[/color] (crushes go here) [color=posting color]•My palate[/color] (color choices) [color=posting color]•Pulling my strings[/color] (Username)
Doctors:
Code:
[img](Image here)[/img] •••The I.D. card says: [color=posting color]•Name[/color] (First, Middle, Last Name) [color=posting color]•Nicknames[/color] (Nickname or superhero name) [color=posting color]•Age[/color] (All heroes are seventeen, villains and doctors can choose their age) [color=posting color]•Gender[/color] (male or female?) →But there’s a lot more to me••• [color=posting color]•Love comes in many forms but I’m:[/color] (is your character straight, bisexual, gay?) [color=posting color]•People say I am a good person because I am:[/color] (list of 5+ good personality traits) [color=posting color]•Sometimes I can get on their nerves because I am:[/color] (list of 5+ bad personality traits) [color=posting color]•Things that draw me in:[/color] (list of 5+ likes) [color=posting color]•Things I avoid:[/color] (list of 5+ dislikes) [color=posting color]•It pays the rent:[/color] (tell what position you're in, how long you've worked with the teens, and what your normally help them with) [color=posting color]•My past is what truly sets me apart:[/color] (Background of your character, at least two paragraphs) [color=posting color]•Don’t tell anyone but I like:[/color] (crushes go here) [color=posting color]•My palate[/color] (color choices) [color=posting color]•Pulling my strings[/color] (Username)
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 07:54 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:

Time and Weather:
Month:
Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May/Jun
Jul/Aug/Sep/Oct/Nov/Dec
Day:
01/02/03/04/05/06/07/08/09/10
11/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/20
21/22/23/24/25/26/27/28/29/30
Time:
1:00/2:00/3:00/4:00/5:00/6:00
7:00/8:00/9:00/10:00/11:00/12:00
A.M./P.M.
Weather:
Rain/Snow/Sleet/Hail/Thunderstorm/Drizzle/Sunny/Cloudy/Foggy/Warm/Cold/Hot
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 08:07 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:
Default   #7  

Open
You may now send in your applications. When I accept your applications, pm me your profiles, then when they're accepted, just post them in here and I will add a link to the post from your mini character app, We'll start roleplaying when we have two male and two female heros, and at least one villain and doctor.
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 08:11 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:

•••The doctor’s charts say:

•Name
Ariana Rayanne Skye

•Nicknames
Ray, Ari, Ai, Ana, etc. I respond to all sorts of things though I prefer Ray the most.

→But there’s a lot more to me•••

•Love comes in many forms but I’m:
Straight

•People say I am a good person because I am:
- Individualistic and unique -
No one's quite like me.
- Intelligent -
I can solve any problem you throw at me.
- Perpetually Calm in Tough Situations-
If you panic the world may end if not... Well then we've all got a chance for survival.
- Organized -
I've always got a handle on myself and I know where everything is.
- Gentle-
I can be softer than lamb down.
- Kind -
Extending a helping hand never hurt me after all.

•Sometimes I can get on their nerves because I am:
- Stubborn -
It's My way or the Highway.
- Sarcastic -
Oh. No really?! What was you're first clue, genius?
-Temperamental -
She's gonna blow!
- Grudge Holder -
Humph. You've wronged me so why should I forgive you?
- Perfectionist -
It's gotta be just right or somebody's gonna pay!

•Things that draw me in:
- A microphone and an open stage -
I love to sing and dance. It's my passion and that's all there is to it.
- Ice Cream -
I love it. So much. Words cannot describe how much I love ice cream.
- Animals -
They're so soft and fluffy and one of the few things that can calm me down when I'm upset. To bad I've never gotten to keep one as a pet...
- Snorkeling -
The ever changing underwater scene, with no two seconds the same. There's just something so awe inspiring about it.
- Music in general -
Even if it's not being sung by me it's still my passion.
- Chocolate -
The greatest invention of all man kind. Enough said.

•Things I avoid:
- Stuck up people -
They're just as flawed as any other human so why don't they just get off they're high horse?
- Bugs -
Especially ones with a lot of legs. Spiders and centipedes included. Ugh.
- Being Cold-
It's not a pleasent feeling in the least.
-The Feel of Cottonballs-
Hey! It's not that weird! I just don't like how it's texture sends little shivers down my spine!
- Peanut Butter -
It's gross and slimy. You try to eat any thing with it and it all just gets stuck on the roof of your mouth.
- Medicine -
This particular phobia is probably due to the drug that took away all my hope for a regular childhood and had me instead raised in a laboratory with a bunch of people who were perpetually eager to stick needles into me and extract my DNA.
- Fire -
It burns and ton's of wild animals have been killed by wild fires before.

•What makes me one in a million:
I have the abilities of Transmogrification and Teleportation. Transmogrification is the ability to change my body from one shape to another. I can do partial or full transformations in the respect that a partial transformation is where I change only a part of my body at a time. Such as changing my arm to a shield to defend against attacks or to a sword for the purpose of attacking. I can also change my ears to cat ears for enhanced hearing, my eyes to eagle eyes for enhanced sight and my nose to that of a dog's for enhanced smell. Full transformations take more time but give the transformation more power. An example of a full transformation is myself changing my body into a sword for the use of one of my team mates. The blade would be sharper and the sword lighter and faster than if I just changed my arm to a blade. I tend to change my eye color day to day just because it's easier than changing my hair color.

Teleportation is much simpler to explain. It's a method of getting myself from one place to another instantly. All I do is concentrate on where I'm going and twirl on my foot. By the time the twirl is finished I will be where I visualized. The downfall is I can't teleport to a place I've never been or seen a photograph of. I have to be able to visual image of where I'm going or I may just end up stuck in a wall somewhere.

•My past is what truly sets me apart:
I was born to a single mother. The scientists told me that my dad had died, but since they wouldn't give me any details I suspect he just ran out on my mom. It wouldn't have surprised me. Apparently she had been really happy when the drug saved my life but when we got home and she discovered my body changing into various forms... Well let's just say things took a turn for the worse.

My powers didn't set in for almost a year before it was like someone stuck a nerve and all my powers began to form at an explosively fast rate. It began with my arm taking the shape of my rattle and then more drastic things like my arm would transform into blocks and fall clean off my body. Of course it always went right back but my mother was at a loss. What finally put her over the edge was when I began taking my first steps, much earlier than a normal child, at only ten months of age and I tottered and turned slightly. The next thing she knew I was gigging from the kitchen on top of the counter playing with knives. She couldn't keep me safe from myself so she had to let me go. That's what they've told me at least... Maybe she just didn't want a freak for a kid any more.

I was the youngest of all six of us but the first to be given up by my mother. So while I've always been the little sister type I try my best to help the others out and try to plau the mother role for them. I developed a latent talent for dancing and singing early on but I wasn't much good at anything else other than utilizing my powers, strategizing and acrobatics. I like a lot of things about living here though. While they may not be the warmest people in the world the doctors are... Relatively good people and they've treated me well, letting me develop at my own pace.

I'm scared of the new training plan. I can't remember my mother at all and I've lost all contact with her. What if she doesn't love me... or worse doesn't remember me at all. What would happen if she wasn't as caring as the scientists said she was. I don't know what to expect from this and just that terrifies me. I like things to be organized and predictable but predicting this will probably be the last thing I'll be able to do. Somebody help me.

•Don’t tell anyone but I like:
No one yet, so stop asking!

•My palate:
Teal

•Pulling my strings:
SkyKittyKat

Oh look! More pretty pictures! You should see them!
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 08:29 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #9  

•••The doctor’s charts say:

•Name
Roland Cruciarus

•Nicknames
Simply goes by “Roland”

→But there’s a lot more to me•••

•Love comes in many forms but I’m:
straight

•People say I am a good person because I am:
I’m empathetic.
I value life over all things.
I don’t fight unless I have to.
I’m very uplifting.
I’m not dramatic.
I’m honest.

•Sometimes I can get on their nerves because I am:
Have a slight OCD.
Have strict rules about my belongings, slight as they are.
Don’t talk much if I don’t know them.
Refuse to emotionally attach myself.
Eat far too much.
Have an obsession with hammers and axes.
Get annoyed too easily.

•Things that draw me in:
Anything involving weapons.
Large novels.
Most music(Does NOT like Pop, rap, or modern alternative/emo rock)
Strong women.
German or Russian being spoken.
Fooood~

•Things I avoid:
Rap, modern alternative/emo rock, and pop music.
Weak willed/whiny people.
Magazines.
Calamari.
Heat.

•What makes me one in a million:
Instant Proficiency(If he picks up a weapon, he can use it, no questions asked. This does not work for modern weaponry, aside from light guns, for some reason. His favorite is using duel Scimitars. He has never really used them, but often dreams of them.)
Slight control over earth (Things like rocks, dirt, metals, etc. He can move it, and he can mold them. However, molding it becomes increasingly difficult depending on what the material is, and he can only do it once or twice a day when it comes to metal and hard gemstones without causing himself some real mental exhaustion.)

•My past is what truly sets me apart:
I was never told about my family. Apparently, their reaction to me was so cruel, so disturbing, I was not to be told. They only told me one thing: “We wish you didn’t have to meet them one day….” That was said to me just recently. I wonder if they feel remorse for what horrible thing they must have done to me? I always have wondered about my jacked-up hip…was that their doing as well?

I was raised here, just like the rest of them. I don’t know them very well, and never intended to get to know them, but now, it seems like we could all use friends. I’m not going to deprive them of that, if I can be of help. I’ve always wished I was a bit more friendly. Maybe now is the time? I don’t really know, but I’m ready for whatever comes. “Be prepared.” That’s my way,and I am. I’m prepared. I think…

I’m not going to say I’m necessarily unhappy here. I’ve always loved all the training, even craving and requesting more at times. I’m not like the others, I don’t have stories to hear about how my parents loved me, or how they were happy I was alive. I was an mistake to them, it seems, and so yes, I’m almost glad I’m here. Almost…

•Don’t tell anyone but I like:
Nobody yet, so stop asking.

•My palate
Sienna

•Pulling my strings
Hermes
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 10:32 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:
Thanks a bunch for joining Hermes! Now we need one more boy and girl and a doctor since I'm already playing a villain.
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 10:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #11  
Haha~ Well, cool. I would help out with filling slots and stuff, but...I'm one charrie at a time in any given roleplay, unless I'm running it. ^^;
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 10:36 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:
That's usually how I do things as well unless I have an idea for twins or something. More than one character means more than one personality to mentally keep track of and unless I'm running things and know all that's going on, I can get easily frazzled by it. ono'''
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 11:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #13  
Exactly. I mix up charrie traits and stuff. DX
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 11:10 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:
Oh yeah! That's the worst! OAO Because once you realize you're doing it, it's to late and you character now has an entireely different personality than what you gave them.
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 11:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Trisphee Kensai
Default   #15  
Or, like, it just totally screws everything up D=
<--Trisphee Kensai-->
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 11:21 PM Reply With Quote  
MUTANT D:
Ugh yeah, like if you're playing a hero and a villain and your hero ends up all twisted and your villain looks noble in comparison. That's sooooooooooo discouraging.
Old Posted 02-02-2011, 11:56 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
drama, fate, recruit, teenage