Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

It's over 9000!
Default   #481  
I didn't even know such a thing existed, heh.

Edit:
And why would Gaia ask them to take it down?

Old Posted 03-17-2015, 09:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
He has a very small ad at the bottom for recolor.

And plenty of Gaians are defending Gaia which pisses me off. Mainly because they act like Tekton had other options. Most people would just go with the options given to them in the letter to make this simple and be done with it, which are:
Shut down the website
Shut down the website except the ad and gradient text generator (why pay for server space for something like that?)
Or we'll sue and force you to shut down.
Old Posted 03-17-2015, 02:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #483  
I'm a gaian and really want nothing more to do with the company they've been getting worse by the year. I thought the whole underage gambling thing was bad but nope that was jut the start of things. Seriously can't think of a positive they've done in the ast three years. Yet still people will defend gaia till thier dying breath as it's cost them a small fortune just to keep up with inflation. Only reason I'm keeping my account is I've personally put in like $20 ok it's not worlds greatest amount but to me it's a lot of money.
What shall fall tonight shall fall into damnation, And many will fall this night!
Old Posted 03-17-2015, 04:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I've been a member there since 04. It's hurts me to think of leaving it XD

I put maybe 50 dollars into it over the years?

They've cut down on gold gens? But that's a problem they caused XD
Old Posted 03-17-2015, 07:18 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #485  
Er, what do you mean by a small ad for recolor? I don't understand. ^^;

Old Posted 03-17-2015, 08:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Scroll to the bottom of tektek.org it's there.

An ad for recolor.me
Old Posted 03-17-2015, 08:44 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #487  
I don't get how that's making Gaia look bad, its just an ad for their ad service or whatever. I get stuff like that all the time for other games that I play. <<;

Edit:
That's doesn't even look like Gaia's art anyways, how is that confusing?! >.<

Last edited by ml1201; 03-17-2015 at 11:16 PM.
Old Posted 03-17-2015, 11:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
They had a Gaia Dream Avatar Maker that used Gaia's avatars and items, and inventory worth calculator using their items too. It's him having those plus an ad for a rival site that he has to take tektek down.
Old Posted 03-17-2015, 11:59 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #489  
But doesn't the first two benefit the site, or was it something from Gaia that he's using on another?

Old Posted 03-18-2015, 12:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Yes, but by having gaia's stuff, he's gaining attention for his website and dragging people away from gaia by using their copyrighted stuff.

It's all bs, but Gaia does have the legal grounds to sue and all.
Old Posted 03-18-2015, 01:43 AM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #491  
<_<
I still think that's stupid. <_< It's their own fault that people would want to go to another site anyways.

Old Posted 03-18-2015, 10:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Yep, but Tekton never had the right use their stuff, but of course, they didn't mind until he changed the ad from whatever google puts up to always a recolor ad, but way after that started.

If they had done it immediately, I wouldn't be so angry, but they waited for a long time after he put the ad on.
Old Posted 03-18-2015, 12:29 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #493  
Then I personally think they shouldn't be able to sue him if they tried or have a right to tell him to take it down if its been up there a long time (which they would have had to known about it) since that would imply they were alright with it until it started getting even worse than it was.

Old Posted 03-18-2015, 07:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Necromancer
If he had the money to fight back he would have won the lawsuit, that's the stupid part of all this. The way US copyright law works is that a company has to actively guard their copyright or they lose it.

Like how an MLP fan made a "Fighting is Magic" game that one time and Hasbro sent the maker a DMCA letter telling them to "stop or we'll sue you". Despite it being a free game that drove interest to the source material, Hasbro HAD to protect the My Little Pony brand or they would have lost the copyright.

Gaia is doing the same thing here, BUT since Tektek had been going for so long without Gaia doing anything he could have fought it.
"Selfish, I suppose. Not to want to spend my entire life screaming on the inside."

Old Posted 03-18-2015, 09:16 PM Reply With Quote  
It's over 9000!
Default   #495  
Was just talking to a friend and they said that since Gaia is doing so bad there's no point in even trying to fight it since its already going down the drain. x'D All they need to do though is just remove the things made using Gaia's stuff and keep up the other thing, it will cripple Gaia that way.

Old Posted 03-18-2015, 09:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Well, it isn't worth it to keep it up. Recolor users are a walking ad for him, like me. I mean they don't have as awesome items, but no cash items. NO CASH ITEMS :D
Old Posted 03-18-2015, 11:48 PM Reply With Quote