Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Default   #33  
That's a lot of work Logan. O:

I don't have the extra drive that you have. I lost all the weight and now I'm just skinny. I hardly have any muscle. I can't bring myself to actually work out beyond some cardio here and there. >:
Can't touch this.
Old Posted 12-14-2010, 05:23 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLifeKing View Post
You can use this to roughly calculate your RMR: http://www.caloriesperhour.com/index_burn.php

That's how many calories your body burns just by doing vital functions: heart beat, breathing, blinking, EXISTING. Eat anything less than that amount per day and you will lose weight.

Use this calculator to get a rough idea of how quickly you will lose weight if you eat x-amount of calories per day: http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php

I'm 5'8'' and 115lbs. I used to be around 175lbs at one point. What you want to do is certainly achievable. Good luck to you!
This is extremely helpful and inspiriting to me. :3 And seeing that you are capable of doing it.

Maaan. I am not that far above the RMR on my intake, and with working out... eee. <3
deviantART | Ernya | Tumblr | Art Tumblr

ADDYQUEST////backslash

º∆º
sell me yo' runes
Old Posted 12-14-2010, 05:31 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #35  
It really helped me out. I've always been sociable but losing weight made me a helluva lot more confident. [:
Can't touch this.
Old Posted 12-14-2010, 05:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
I'm sure it'll do the same to me. :3 I'm pretty self-conscious even if I am not terribly overweight.
deviantART | Ernya | Tumblr | Art Tumblr

ADDYQUEST////backslash

º∆º
sell me yo' runes
Old Posted 12-14-2010, 05:58 PM Reply With Quote  
Default   #37  
I know how that goes. Even though I know I'm thin for my height I get worried about how certain clothes look on me. I'm scurred to wear plain white of any kind.
Can't touch this.
Old Posted 12-14-2010, 06:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLifeKing View Post
That's a lot of work Logan. O:

I don't have the extra drive that you have. I lost all the weight and now I'm just skinny. I hardly have any muscle. I can't bring myself to actually work out beyond some cardio here and there. >:

Gracias. <3
I thought i never find the drive to do it... XD
But during 06-07 on summer break, i go to gym
and do workout for 2-3 hours... not kidding. >->
So much fun and my fat just rolling off. XD

Old Posted 12-14-2010, 11:02 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #39  
I am 5'6, and I was about 180 Ibs at the beginning of the year. Since then I went down to about 160Ibs. I gained a little back over the holidays, but I've been able to lose about half of what I gained from Thanksgiving already.

It's really not that hard if you are drinking a lot of water and doing even a small amount of exercise.

Some tips:
- Drink an 8-16 oz glass of water before each meal (it will keep you from over-eating)
- Room temperature water is actually better than cold water, though I prefer it cold
- Make sure you sleep well! 7-8 hours is ideal!
- 30 minutes of cardio per day, if you have the time
- 10 minutes strength training ever other day, add more time as you feel you are getting stronger. (The more muscle you have, the more fat you'll lose)
- Make sure you get 5 servings of fruit and veggies per day!
- Make sure you consume plenty of fiber.

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

♔ Trisphee's one and only Vampire Prince ♔
Currently working on "Dream World Is Mine" art.
Let me catch you in my Dark Void...

Old Posted 12-15-2010, 02:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
~should start counting calories~ Apparently according to that calculator thingy, if I'd just do that 2000 cals that I'm /supposed/ to... then I could loose weight. Hrm...

And during the holidays since I won't have school I'll be able to make it to the /gym/ OMG I can go tomorrow... I actually /enjoy/ going, it's just getting my ass in the car and there. Once I'm there... mmm... God I love the elliptical... XD

'Tis a picture of Tokyo I took. ^^
I'm a girl.
I love Writing Tools, and KPop, and minty stuffs.
Old Posted 12-15-2010, 03:19 AM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #41  
As long as you consume less calories a day than what you need to maintain your current weight, you'll lose weight.

Mystic Menagerie (Temp Art) | The Alchemist's Den | The Alchemist's Desire | IRL Commissions

Old Posted 12-15-2010, 03:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
According to that calculator thingy I can do roughly 2.2k and break even, so if I do just 2k it'll be slow but steady. ~nod~ and a /normal/ amount of food at that.
I love fruit but it kills my teeth (I have super sensitive teeth and they're cold ;-; So it's hard for me to eat fruit)

I wish I had an elliptical at home. I love being on it, but... I hate getting my ass to the gym. >3<'

I'm a girl.
Old Posted 12-15-2010, 03:23 AM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
Default   #43  
Definitely some great tips from many people here.
Once January comes 'round, I'll be cutting back on eating junk foods and will be cooking my own healthy meals.

At least by knowing what goes into the meal, will make me feel all the more healthier.
Alsooo.. living in a small town, I basically walk everywhere; grocery shopping, doctors, hanging out.

I`m 5'9 resting at 175lbs. My goal is to get to 135-150lbs at least, when the timing is right.
Old Posted 12-15-2010, 04:05 AM Reply With Quote  
Heavenly Angel
New year will be a new start for me. :3
Old Posted 12-15-2010, 10:28 AM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #45  
My goal is about 145 Ibs. But I plan on building some muscle too.

Old Posted 12-15-2010, 12:11 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
I need to loos a /lot/ of weight, but my goal right now isn't so much weight but pant/shirt size. Large in shirts and like... a 14 in pants and I think I'd be happier. Small steps, I don't want to think in giant steps. Those are about two sizes smaller than what I am now. If I can do that then I will have more motivation to do more, I think.

I'm a girl.
Old Posted 12-15-2010, 01:58 PM Reply With Quote  
♔ Vampire Prince ♔
Default   #47  
I have no idea what size 14 is.. I wear.. 34x32 I think? Though I think I can fit 32...

Old Posted 12-15-2010, 02:00 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Ah XD Being female we go buy stupid sizes, not inches. It'd be a whole hell of a lot easier if it was inches though. I can fit into an 18 in some brands but not others. They can vary up to four full sizes, I swear. -_- Especially in the larger sizes...

I'm a girl.
Old Posted 12-15-2010, 02:03 PM Reply With Quote