Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Developer
Default   #17  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
Are you sure we're not actually the same person?
I'm... RELATIVELY certain I'm not Asian? Though I do speak an Asian language...

Quote:
Besides card decks, I also used to collect coins.
I hold onto interesting coins. I don't have enough to consider them a collection and don't go out of my way to find them, but somewhere in my stuff is a money pouch that includes some things I'm just not going to spend.

Quote:
On a similar note, I have inventory problems with every RPG I play. ...I hoard things. All the things. "Just in case."
I keep having to expand my inventory in Exvius. >.>;
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-28-2016, 09:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
._. I don't have much that I collect. It seems that every so often there is an upheaval in my life and I have to move, thusly getting rid of a lot of stuff. I do have a small collection of books, mostly art books, such as the ones made from animation movies. I would have to say that I collect those.
Old Posted 07-29-2016, 12:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #19  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggio View Post
art books, such as the ones made from animation movies
Do I need to take a picture of my wife's library and post it here? XD

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 07-29-2016, 12:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Bald and loving it!
Nooo I don't need to be a jelly belly. Especially if she has the one I really want.
Old Posted 07-29-2016, 12:37 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #21  
Not like you could make out the titles if I zoomed out far enough to get the whole library in the shot. >.>

Old Posted 07-29-2016, 11:07 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espy View Post
On a similar note, I have inventory problems with every RPG I play. ...I hoard things. All the things. "Just in case."
I think you have managed to surpass me in that department, judging from what was in the Guild Bank, or my in-game hoarding has curbed itself.

I could also say that I collect journals and notebooks of various sorts; anything with writing or drawing paper, and I do actually use them. Not at "home base" right now, so on me I've only got one notepad and my current journal (both half full). At any given time I've got my regular journal, a book for my poetry (actually two right now. I started the second because I didn't want to wait until I finished the first to use the newer one), a book for my writing exercises (with a second ready to go even though the first isn't even a quarter full), and a book for scribing other journals (because I had a fancy journal and wanted to use it for something specific, so I'm making duplicate texts of older journals in the family).

I collect books that are sentimental to me, and have some copies stashed with my filled journals, probably for that same unknown descendant who might stumble upon the box one day.

I used to collect stationery (actual writing paper) but it's since become incredibly hard to find short of just using fancy notepads, but I amassed enough as a kid that I'm still using it now and I share with friends to get other styles.

As can be seen, I'm something of a paper person. I have started making more notes and such on my phone though, as, despite all the notepads and notebooks, I still end up with copious amount of draft scribbles all over anything with white space on it and it adds up.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 08-03-2016 at 06:51 AM.
Old Posted 08-03-2016, 06:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #23  
I collect authentic Japanese kimono and all related accessories (eg. kanzashi, obi, juban, eri (both han and date), obiage, obijime, kinchaku (bags), zori, geta and other kitsuke accessories) ^_^;;

I also have a large collection of crafting materials such as beads, charms, chain, findings, cords, wool and various fabrics to name just a few of the items I have ^_^;; Although they regularly get used and replenished as it is to do with my work/job...

I have a reasonably large collection of stationary too and I'm a sucker for kitchen gadgets/goods. We also have an ever growing collection of plushies ^_^;; I am a self confessed hoarder.

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 08-03-2016, 08:46 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen Moonshine View Post
...I also have a large collection of crafting materials such as beads, charms, chain, findings, cords, wool and various fabrics to name just a few of the items I have ^_^;; Although they regularly get used and replenished as it is to do with my work/job...
I wouldn't say I collect crafting materials, but I never get rid of what I do get, so I have a fair supply. The stuff is just too darned expensive! So far that's stamping, paints, various needlework, fabric bits, drawing, scrap-booking, paper crafts, beading, and miscellaneous odds and ends that I have for whatever purpose I find for them.
Last edited by Quiet Man Cometh; 08-25-2016 at 06:17 PM.
Old Posted 08-03-2016, 07:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #25  
I also collect Monster High dolls, though I'm downsizing my collection.

Also really getting my Fire Emblem collection in gear, though mainly focusing on the keychains right now. I've got a decent chunk of the Awakening ones, and of the Fates ones that are current released, I only need two. But prices... ugh.
Old Posted 08-10-2016, 11:24 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
That sounds pretty awesome to me Quiet Man Cometh <3 I have an Etsy store for the things I make so I at least get some return on my collecting habits ^_^;; Plus it helps feed my habits when I get commissions (of which I have three I'm currently processing) ^_^;;

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 08-11-2016, 05:23 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Default   #27  
The things Den collects:
  • Transformers (I take them out of the box so I can play with them. No point in having toys if you can't play with them!)
  • Dolls (Nothing too fancy, mostly vinyl dolls and string dolls.)
  • Tarot card decks (I'm still learning to read them, but some of them I have? I got because they're pretty.)
  • Rune Sets (I have one set that I bought, and one set I made, but there're some that I would love to own because shiny.)
  • Rocks and crystals (SHINY THINGS MAKE ME HAPPY)
  • Polyhedral dice (I have two full sets, and a crapton of cuboidal dice, because I am a table top gamer)
  • Art supplies (I have a lunchbox filled almost to capacity with colored pencils and graphite pencils)
  • Yarn (I knit... and I hoard the fluffy stuffs!)
  • DVDs (My collection is much smaller than it used to be, but I'm working on getting everything back)
  • Kreo building kits (They're good for wearing me down when the insomnia is really bad)
  • Puzzles (Nothing marketed at girls though.)
  • coloring books (dollar stores have good stuff. :3)
  • Recipes (I have a big binder I've partially filled with nothing but recipes from the internet)
  • Nail polish (I go from "ew, no girly stuff" to "I AM SUCH A GIRL LOOK HOW PRETTY MY NAILS ARE!" quite often. >.>;; lol)
  • D&D miniatures (I like to paint them. :3)
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 08-11-2016, 01:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Dazed
I've dabbled in collecting but I never really cared much of actually forming a collection.
I used to have a small cabinet of some decorative knives but that was about it.

I do like boxes though. Pretty jewelry boxes, chests, music boxes, etc.
I would collect those but I don't have the space for them.

My girlfriend collects dolphin and shark stuff, and her mother used to collect pigs, which were passed to her when her mother passed away.
Old Posted 08-11-2016, 03:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #29  
Well if yarn counts as a collection, Den, then I certainly collect it too. Multiple totes and computer boxes full of it, and I still have to go out and buy certain colors.
Old Posted 08-19-2016, 11:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
I collect Fabric… though it gets used eventually for whatever project
I also collect Funko Pops cause they are cool (my collection is thankfully not out of hand yet)
But my real collection use to be books and movies though it got downsized with the divorce.
Old Posted 08-19-2016, 11:21 AM Reply With Quote  
On in to the future
Default   #31  
Pop Vinyl figures, Nightmare Before Christmas stuff, dragons, and interesting rocks. Those are the things that I collect.

I think, personally, that it's good to have something like that to collect. It gives you something to blow money on once in a while.
Call me Ath!

Old Posted 08-25-2016, 05:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
To date, I believe I have every "Collector's Edition" Final Fantasy game that's ever been released. (I was really disappointed when I heard XIV was delayed for another few months and I would have to wait even LONGER for my Collector's Edition.)

I used to have a little shelf with all the figures I've received from each one still in their boxes, which I kept oh-so-well dusted. They're all in storage now due to lack of living space, which I'm hoping will change when my lease expires next year!

I also have some expensive character-models I've purchased on my own from the series, and a few random others from the "Zelda" series as well. Though I have to admit that's because I'm more of a fan of Link than the actual games. Puzzles and my temper don't mix. However, Ocarina of Time holds special memories for me. I LOVED it.

I'd like to start collecting old Coca-Cola merchandise in the future. I love 50's Americana and it really appeals to me. Some of that old memorabilia is worth a fortune.

I also have a large swimsuit collection. Is that weird?
Old Posted 08-25-2016, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote