Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Dragon Storm
Default Trisphee's Hallo-wasn't 2014   #1  
So, for the time of (Halloween/Samhain/All Saints), I thought a thread would be nice. If I knew how to manage it, I'd hold some contests (Poetry, Scary Fact Quizzes, etc) but, as I don't, I'd like to just leave this open for people to talk about their celebrations, past and present. Also, I'll post any poetry/links/art up here for everyone to see.

So, Let's begin

Thread Rules:
1. Post more than two words.
2. Please Follow all Rules and terms of Trisphee when posting.
5. If You want to make any type charity or the like, please PM me.
4. Please keep any comments/jokes civil.
Spam: It is the goal of this quest to stay on-quest.
Lawtan: A chaotic dragoness with issues.
__

��s ofer�ode, �isses sw� m�g.

__

Science, horror, folklore, and cuteness incoming!
Old Posted 10-23-2014, 09:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Reserved for Display

Links

Yeladim: Huntercat, Egg on Your Face & The Jester
Lawtan: Tamlane - Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4
__

__

Last edited by Lawtan; 11-03-2014 at 03:35 PM.
Old Posted 10-23-2014, 09:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #3  
Sort of just put several links to childhood things that I am allowed to link (Other childhood "Halloween/Scary things, like Alien, and the Twilight Zone, I can't)

The Halloween Tree - an awesome short story and animated short, though the story is not good for learning about culture - it is like opening a person's eyes to see that Halloween wasn't just "dress up, get candy, and pull pranks."
Halloween is Grinch Night - Warning to epileptics and people who don't want mind-messing. Still awesome.

Nightmare Ned - One of my first childhood games...like Disney meets Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark. Turned into a (short lived) television series.

Beetlejuice - Both a cartoon and a movie, this is hammy horror-comedy at its best.

The Last Halloween - a lovely kids film, though childish and really has several laughable moments. I liked it.

Corpse Party: Bloodcovered - umm...yeah, this , Ao Oni, and "the Witch's House" are the games that really make RPGMaker Horror possible. So, blood and corpses are present.
__

__

Last edited by Lawtan; 10-23-2014 at 09:34 PM.
Old Posted 10-23-2014, 09:26 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
So, this year, I have my bio-mom and her peeps staying with us, and they are SUPER into Halloween, but we're hella poor right now. SOOOO. We're getting mega crafty with stuff we have around the house, or can get from the dollar store. We started work on costumes today, and I am really excited about mine. I will have to post pics of our progress tomorrow.

Old Posted 10-24-2014, 01:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Snap!
Default   #5  
Can't wait to see, Gallagher! That sounds like tons of fun.

As for me, I'm probably going to buy some candy and stay at home in my tiger onesie. We get trick or treaters, but some years are better than others for the turnout. Maybe I'll go to the dollar store for something to decorate the front porch with, just so they know I have candy for them. I think I'll make it a day tomorrow, actually.
« ☼ ☾ ✰ »

Semi-Active.
Old Posted 10-24-2014, 02:17 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
We are having a bit of a boring Halloween in this year as we have a 4 month old... But as she gets older we will probably do a lot more than other people as we both attend anime conventions so I'd probably be making her the best halloween outfits possible ^_^ Currently I am in the process of making her a Murloc outfit for a con in March next year that hopefully she will be able to wear for halloween next year ^_^;; (Also we always have some form of sweets in the house, normally tubs of mixed sweets left over from xmas, to give out)
Old Posted 10-24-2014, 06:20 AM Reply With Quote  
Addicted to Trisphee
Default   #7  
Second Halloween in the house, but still not really planning on much decorating.

Dan wants to take his dragon incense burner and find a way to mount it so it's blowing smoke OUT instead of UP... He's sick right now, though, so I'm not sure he'll have the time to finish his plan.

There's not a lot of trick-or-treat in my neighborhood, so I decided this year I'm going to be the house that gives out the really big candy bars. But that's about it, really.

My one cat will be dressing up, of course. Peaches LOVES wearing costumes, as long as they only tie around her neck. She has a "Count CATula" cape that seems to be her favorite - she actually growled at me for taking it off of her last year. Maybe I'll buy her a different outfit, though... (Part of that depends on whether or not I can find her hiding place for last year's cape, and whether or not she licked it to shreds).
Old Posted 10-24-2014, 11:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
This Halloween, we might have candy, but we're sure there will be no trick or treaters, there haven't been the last three Halloweens we had since moving here. I might even put on a costume, but I will probably be the only one that does. *shrugs* I have a half a dozen wigs to choose from, including a Hobbity curly brown wig, a scarlet wig, and a pretty blue and green 'ombre' wig I picked up last year. Also have a couple of different sets of fairy wings. It would be nice to go out in public in costume, but I'm not holding my breath for it.
Old Posted 10-24-2014, 12:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #9  
As far as Trick-or-treaters...yeah...that seems to only be a thing in tight subdivisions and churchgroups, nowadays. ;~;

I hope Dan gets better, SolarCat. Oh, and our pets hate anything resembling clothing. Actually, our cat is a black cat, and because for several years a group of crazies were picking up and "sacrificing" black cats, we tend to lock her in on Halloween. (As a note, I am from Tennessee, where a Protestant Church uses snake handling in a manner so as to look possessed, and activists broke into a nuclear plant and tried to damage the facilities to protest nuclear power)

Gallagher, that sounds awesome! I'll be sure to link of you post.

Hmm...as a question, should I do what I did last year? (Last Halloween, I told a folktale over a campfire with marshmallows on Trisphee...)
__

__

Old Posted 10-24-2014, 01:54 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Right, so we went shopping for more materials today. For the most part, we got paints, tapes, glow in the dark stuff, wire, etc. for building parts.

What I'm working on is a seraph costume, and I'm currently cutting plates for my wings. I have about half of the largest wings laid out right now, and it will look really hot once it's finished. They're going to be layered in the front and behind separately to better mimic proper anatomy, with solid cardboard and wire in the core to support it all.

Pic linx.

The flight pair will be able to move with how we're building it up, while the other two will be static. My colors are going to be a straight white with some pale tarnished gold detailing, and glow in the dark highlights to add contrast in the dark. Most of the weight for this pair and the lower will be held by reinforced ribbons in the same kind of gold as the paint. We still have to put together a white dress/robe/toga to wear with it all, but I'll be dying my hair a white-blonde, and have picked out a mask to paint.

More pic linx

We're looking for something a bit more jester/plague doctor to combine with this mask to alter the face structure more, but because those are usually just to cheekbones, we picked up the full mask while we were there.

I'm not sure what kind of design I want to paint on them yet, but I'm gathering ideas for it.

Old Posted 10-24-2014, 06:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
Default   #11  
Interesting, Galla! I've added your pics up top.

Well, you could "Phantom of the Opera" (In other words, color the lower jaw, and make the upper a sort of "bone-gold" (mix silver and gold paint, 2 parts silver, 1 part gold))
__

__

Old Posted 10-24-2014, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
I'm adding some Public Domain Horror Films for everyone to watch >.>
__

__

Old Posted 10-27-2014, 04:43 PM Reply With Quote  
It Won't Stop
Default   #13  
UPDATE TIME!

It's crunch time, so we're doing a lot of cutting and spray painting today, about to head out to get more supplies.

I finished painting my mask. LINK! I'm going to try and get pictures of it in the dark later tonight, but it has glow in the dark paint in a completely different pattern from the gold. It looks really awesome, and glows super bright.

The harness for all the wings is more or less put together now. MORE LINK! With this plan, though, they're going to be bigger than we had initially prepared for (hence the shopping trip). The ones I showed before are going to be the bottom most wings now, and we just cut out the base for the main pair.

Old Posted 10-29-2014, 04:36 PM Reply With Quote  
Dragon Storm
After gathering the links given by Gallagher, Lawtan begins to clear a space. Trees of various fragrances sprout from the ground - some smelling of mint, or cherry, others of wax and molasses. A pit forms in the center, from which sprouts a fern - nay, a holly bush - spouting flames, like some Guilded Age machine. A rustle over the shirts of all those gathered around Trisphee brings their attention to the ground itself shifting into lounge-like furniture of stick, feather, and cobblestone. The shifting air whispers in their ears;

"Oh, come, ye descendants of man. Upon this clearing, this post, one shall stand and tell of stories lost to celebrities, I-pods, and daytime TV. Come, and enjoy the warmth of the hollyfire. Feast on the treats of the old Library - from s'mores to naan to apples in caramel. Come tonight, when you tire of walking on All Hallow's Eve, to read tales of the Fair and Cunning."

(Translation: I plan on typing out a few old folktales tomorrow in a storyteller-like fashion sometime late - likely around 11 pm EST. Feel free to join me and talk of imagined candy and popcorn)
__

__

Old Posted 10-31-2014, 02:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Double Rainbow
Default   #15  
*gets herself comfortable in a nest of blankets, ready to listen to the storyteller*

In memory of Dorian Floyd Corkin 18/04/2007 - 31/07/2007

My Dice Store
Old Posted 10-31-2014, 01:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Lazy
I'll post three Halloween stories I wrote a few years ago. For your amusement.

HUNTERCAT

It is interesting that you visit me here my friend. It has been how many years? Too many I know. How have you gotten along? Well, I see. As for me, I'm here for my own protection, but I haven't lost my sanity. You won't believe me either any more than the doctors here. The macabre story of the gruesome murder of my roommate, while I have been unjustly found guilty of, is too fantastic for belief. But down a primrose path I will not lead you because in the dark recesses, evil and horror reside.

A misty morning, in retrospect, cold and clammy really, but not untypical of late fall. A fine mist fell like a sticky spider's web, covering the dead leaves and browning grass. Into that dark wood Sam would run. For his health he would tell me but I could see what was really in that woods. In the inky blackness foul creatures dwelt, unseen in their deathly stillness. I knew nothing good would ever come from that womb of evil, but then even I could not resist the kitten that Sam brought back that fateful morning.

"I don't know how, but it's name is HunterCat and it looks like the poor thing is injured." Injured it appeared, but no injury that ever appeared on any living creature. We attended the little cat as best we could but the instant the creature was brought into the room a stillness befell us as unnatural as anything found above the earth. A grave appearance overcame Sam but he dotted on that spirit stealing creature as a mother would a dying baby. Nothing seemed to interest the creature except for raw meat, and Sam.

And after that first fatefull night, the sound of death marched out of the woods and surrounded our little house.

Days later I awoke from a fitful sleep. My dreams were filled with dark things, black crawlers, slimy creatures pulling themselves along the black, muddy forest floor. Other creatures tunneling under our house, releasing their noxious odors into my sleeping chamber. I would have awoken screaming but I had no breath. "Water. I must have water." And so I made my way down those now terror filled stairs into the ichor of our kitchen.

I knew the way well enough to not need a light. If only I didn't. I imagined a cat brushed against me, but we had no such animal, except for HunterCat. The past few days that demon stricken animal avoided me as if I was infected by some ancient, jungle plague. I had done nothing to it except say to Sam that he was becoming too attached to the creature. It looked at me as if understanding my every word, but how could it. It was only a rescued animal who didn't even know who it's original masters were. I dismissed the the touch as imagination and started up the stairs. Then I heard it. The sound no living person can describe and no untortured throat could utter.

I sprinted to Sam's room and flinging open the door I sensed more than saw movement around the room. And flicking on the light I saw that sight that in my agony I tore the very orbs from my head to try to erase, but to no avail.

The police have told you I'm sure, that I attacked Sam while he slept. And on his awakening I was able to tear the flesh from his neck and separate his head from his shoulders. I do not deny that is the scene I witnessed on illuminating that ghastly sight. But it was not I who killed Sam. The dead walk among us and that night they fed on my roommate Sam. Whether HunterCat was protecting it's own kill or encouraging the others to it's meal I cannot fathom and refuse to think upon further. But I will tell you, that hideous creature asked me to join in it's feast. And in my madness, I did.

I've got my pink hair and I'm ready to go!
Old Posted 10-31-2014, 01:58 PM Reply With Quote