Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mythological-Valkyric-Queen of Ace
Default Trying to fix a broken relationship, but its tearing me up on the inside   #1  
So, a year or two ago I left the guy I love dearly for a dumb boy who broke me apart... just because the guy I love is in another country and I can't hold him, and I was infatuated with this boy. So I broke his heart twice, I just threw away a relationship of 4 years without giving it any credit. I said some pretty awful things to him, and I might never forgive myself for that even though he knows I was lying the whole time.
After the second break up we tried being friends, but it didn't really work out that well... We were both out to making one another jealous. He had a new girl friend and I had a new boyfriend... what would we expect really?
So we both said goodbye to each other and left each others life. I wanted to go back to him soo many times, but at that time I knew I would hurt him so I decided to fix myself first and get my mind straight.. and to grow up because I was being soo stupid. A week ago I finally contacted him in every means that I could (I went all out of him, gaia, myspace, and email), he finally got my email and was completely shocked because he thought I would never talk to him again. He was also very thankful that I didn't forget him. The moment we started to talk it was all sorry's.
So he asked me questions, and I answered him truthfully. And he said that he still loves me very much, but I have to make up for what I did, and he can't be with me.. at least not yet. He says I have to prove to him that he can trust me again. I am setting off to do just that, I want to prove to him that he can trust me again. But it seems to be hard because he has other girls in his life, and I get super upset over that. But I know that, if he wants to be with them I can't stop him and its for his own happiness. And if he wants me to leave and stop right there so he could be happy with someone else, I would.. or if I see that he is happy with someone else I will him right away, but she has to make him happy like I did for 4 years.. and love him the same way. Though he knows if he goes out with the other girl (who lives miles away from him too) who loves him, I wont stop him in any terms because he knows I want him to be happy.. but he also knows that I am not giving up on him so easily.
But it seems that it gets harder each day... but I know for a fact that when you love something so much you have to fight for it.. But I also know that if it comes to a point of no hope, I must let him go but still be there for him.
So guys.. who do I deal with this while I fight for him? How do I make it through? and tips? Please be honest, even if you think it may hurt me.

I am the Typhoon Knight of Chaos
I am the Mythological-Valkyric-Queen of Ace

Announcement// Stay tuned for an up-coming art shop of mines during the summer. A preview will my provided in my signature.
Quest Log// Coming soon...
Current funding's// 623 Aurum
Old Posted 05-28-2011, 12:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Your story sounds a lot like somebody else's I knew. They left from the other side of the country to try to get back an ex, and in the end their ex strung them along for the entire year or so and ended up finding somebody else. I remember thinking that I probably would have done the same thing - long distance relationships are a hard thing to maintain to begin with, and to know that you were left simply because your partner wanted someone to be with physically more than anything else you might have to offer would be an even harder thing to deal with.

It might be difficult to imagine, but keep in mind that your ex might be unconsciously stringing you along as well. It's probably not intentional, but it's a completely human reaction when someone who had once rejected you is now doing everything they can to get you back. I would recommend not coming off as too desperate, but do your best to remind him of how much you loved him and still do, and avoid making/reminding him of past promises that you may have broken.

Those are really the only things you can do while you wait for his decision, and just be prepared for the possibility of a new relationship overshadowing an old, broken one. I hope it ends happily for both of you.
Old Posted 05-28-2011, 01:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Mythological-Valkyric-Queen of Ace
Default   #3  
Yea that is true, he could be just stringing me a long. But I don't know, he really loved me a lot and I loved him a lot... and he still does and so do i.. but it could still happen. The good thing is that I am aware of this. And I will make sure not to seem desperate or remind him of the past promises. But its kind of hard, because as the days go on we are going back to the same schedule; talking all day long the same way, me being there for him when his upset, and him saying I am the only one who is really there for him.
But I get what you mean, and I will be alert. And I will not hold on too tight.

I am the Typhoon Knight of Chaos
I am the Mythological-Valkyric-Queen of Ace

Announcement// Stay tuned for an up-coming art shop of mines during the summer. A preview will my provided in my signature.
Quest Log// Coming soon...
Current funding's// 623 Aurum
Old Posted 05-28-2011, 02:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Neko-chan Nya Nya~
AceValkyrie, it reminds me a lot of my situation, I live in the USA and my love is in France. Though it's not quite the same, since both of us have issues being physical with people so a long distance relationship just... works for us.

As for your question, if you really do care a lot about him, I'd recommend to not give up :3 When you love someone a lot it's true, the more you put faith in them the worse it *could* be if you aren't together. Cupcake is right too, in making sure you remain alert about changes.

I guess it all depends on how he acts towards you, AceValkyrie. I really hope thinks work out favorably for you :3
Old Posted 05-28-2011, 12:13 PM Reply With Quote