Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Mother Ship
Default   #49  
I hate weak tea. My mother's tea tastes like water, but she complains when I use more tea bags so it will taste like tea -.-

She uses two family tea bags for a gal. It says to use 4 or more on it -not sure because different brands say different things- I use four and the tea...then tastes like TEA!
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 08:47 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
I'm not sure quite what means since I'm only vaguely aware of what a gallon is (4 liters I think?) and don't make that much tea at a time. All I can say for myself is 1 bag for a cup and 2 for a pot.
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 08:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #51  
4 quarts not liters.
16 cups of tea. Then you're using normal tea bags. We use family size because we make it by the gal instead of a cup. And I hate hot tea. It doesn't taste right unless it's green or herbal tea.
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 08:58 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Ah. I love hot tea of any kind. Not as fond of iced tea but I never think to make it much. I usually just get it from a bottle or market.

I see I have some looking up to do. Oh well. Apparantly a litre and quart are not too much differnt but I follow. I let my tea steep for ages if it's black. When it's green or herbal I try to pay more attention so it doesn't go bitter.
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 09:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #53  
Oh, see I put mine in a pot...bring it to a boil and wait for the tea pot to whistle....then add sugar and water. Stir and put it in the fridge. It's really good, but I've lived in the south my entire life lol
Old Posted 07-18-2011, 09:16 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Ah. Sounds interesting. I braved mulled red wine and found that tastey. I could give that a try. Are there any absolute must knows for making proper Southern sweet tea? Or as close as one can get to it? ;)
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 05:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Default   #55  
It must have SUGAR! LOTS OF SUGAR!

I put two cups to the gal. Dunno how that translates to liters or anything. And everyone has a different method of making it. My dad had a thing about letting boil and sit for an hour or so...maybe that is how he made it taste like actual tea and used 2 tea bags....I dunno.
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 12:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Crowned Morning Sun
I drink both heavily. Tea usually is either Luzianne or Lipton. Coffee is typically Folgers or (when I'm feeling an urge) Starbucks (or similar) fancy coffee. Not a day goes by where I don't ingest some kind of caffeine.
I am a female. Therefore please use 'she'.

Go Aggies!
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 03:45 PM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #57  
Yeah. I drank so much tea in college that I started getting caffiene headaches in the morning if I didn't have at least one cup. It's my daily ritual now. Much have tea when I get up.
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 09:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I've never had that problem.

The only time I've had that....is one day I drunk mountain dews over my brother's place since that was all he had. The next day I didn't have any (I had tea/other sodas) and I got a headache from it.
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 10:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Confused
Default   #59  
I don't like tea OR coffee.
I'll stick to my water. o n o

This is a signature.
...Yup.
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 10:53 PM Reply With Quote  
Ho! Miscreant!
I like green tea, or milk tea :3 so yummy! xD
Old Posted 07-20-2011, 02:06 AM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Default   #61  
I absolutely love tea. I don't love just the iced sweet tea that's usually found here in the deep south. I love milk tea and hot tea as well.

Most of my family... well, all my family... doesn't understand how I can love tea so much. Sometimes I'll just randomly brew up some tea in the afternoon.

Right now, my favorite kind of tea is coconut milk tea with boba. For those of you who are tilting your heads and asking "What's boba?", boba is merely tapioca pearls. They're like sweet, flavorless gummy bear spheres that adapt to the flavor of whatever they're in, much like how tofu does.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 07-20-2011, 12:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Two Fish
I love tea, It's one of the few things I cannot live without, my favorite type of tea would have to be Vanilla Chai or Earl Grey.
I can't stand coffee, it just tastes bad to me.
Old Posted 07-21-2011, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #63  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyoki View Post
...Right now, my favorite kind of tea is coconut milk tea with boba. For those of you who are tilting your heads and asking "What's boba?", boba is merely tapioca pearls. They're like sweet, flavorless gummy bear spheres that adapt to the flavor of whatever they're in, much like how tofu does.
Bubble Tea!

Well sorta. ;). We have that all around here, though I'm not sure how much actual tea is in them. The tapioca balls are popular though. I've seen the standard milk tea variety as well as smoothes that some places make.

Muse, I'm fond of Vanilla Earl Grey when I can find it. Mighty Leaf makes a vanilla bean tea that is really good, but the brand is expensive so I rarely indulge.
Old Posted 07-21-2011, 02:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Around here in my area...we have tea....normal sweet/ice tea stuff....some green tea....and some herbal teas. None of that tapioca ball thing. AND WHAT IS BUBBLE TEA? I don't understand it D:
Old Posted 07-21-2011, 02:33 PM Reply With Quote