Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Barrel of Monkeys
Default Write your reviews!   #1  
Hey hey! It's just as the title says. Here you can write reviews of video games on a scale of 1-10. 1 being the worst and 10 being the best.
The game could be anything. From oldies to the more modern games.

Now I will warn you if you come in to read the reviews there may be some spoilers. So you have been warned.

Alright lets get ready to review games.

Oh yea I almost forgot. Do not argue with others. What they say is their opinion of the game.
Last edited by fineheart234; 08-20-2011 at 12:00 PM.
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 10:10 AM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
No arguing doesn't mean we can voice a disagreement with their review so long as it's civil yes?

Dragon Quest VIII (7.5/10)
I admittedly haven't passed it yet but I have a high opinion of the game itself even though it hasn't aged the most gracefully. The battle system is typical of turn based systems but where it really shines is the abilities and magics the characters can gain. Unlike games where there are skills that are powerful and reliable each ability gained can change up how you approach future battles. Sometimes even making experimentation necessary- keeping the battles fresh as you move along the story. The graphics are great for its time featuring colorful characters with voices. The cliche story doesn't present many surprises- the depth I found were in the characters. What creeps me out, just a tad, about every battle is that every monster is hopped up on happy pills. Seriously guys...stop smiling o_o;
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 11:40 AM Reply With Quote  
isn't that funny
Default   #3  
super mario world 8/10

the graphics are a little bade, the mix of pixeling and tooled is not well done but the world is lovely, the levels are easy enough to beat but hard enough to keep you entertained, it could be better managed length-wise but making it savable is definatly an improvement over some of the other ones, of course the bright colors and easy music is nice though basic but for such an old game it is still fairly good, maybe not up to snuff graphics-wise but still entertaining to the third generation of gamers to come up under it's lifespan
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 04:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Pikachu
Alright, I'm gunna go old school

The Legend of Dragoon (9.5/10)
This is a Playstation 1 RPG that's had mixed reviews since it came out, most of the negative reviews compared it to Final Fantasy or now a days say the graphics are too terrible. The story line of this game is amazing. The combat mechanics are great and never get old. With a combination of Peirce timing and a little bit of luck you could do extra damage to enemies. The graphics for it's time are great, the only reason I don't see someone getting into the story line is because it's confusing until mid way through the third disc when everything becomes clear. I'll try to leave out any spoilers for anyone who wants to play it because I personally hate spoilers. The game is about the hero named Dart, who is a on a journey to find the Black Monster who destroyed his home town of Neet, Things turn sour from the beginning when Dart is attacked by a dragon, then arrives at his childhood friend, Shana's, home town of Seles, which has been burned to the ground by the countries army, alot of the citizens killed and Shana having been kidnapped, so Dart sets out to rescue her, and the story continues from there, twisting and turning. The game is defiantly worth checking out with an emulator if you are a hard core RPG fan or if you like a good story. It is truly a game that survived the times and even with it's graphics is still an amazing game.

Story - 10/10
Music - 8.5/10
Fighting - 10/10
Character progression - 10/10
Replay Value - 10/10
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 05:47 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #5  
Trent I like your review of the game. It was quite fun however I disagree with combat mechanics never get old. Well for me it's very personal because I'm a perfectionist who really really wants to hit it on the spot or I feel like a failure. v.v It got tiring because of this personal flaw so not much disagreement with you there.
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 07:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Pikachu
Well if you had problems with it, though it's late in the game, at the beginning of the fourth disc there were three items you could get that did the combos automatically.
Old Posted 08-20-2011, 08:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Poconut Overlord
Default   #7  
Sweet those items sound nice...but I'm not spending money to buy the game. Just got me Dragon Quest VIII to play. Which I plan to do after a couple posts around Trisphee. >w>
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 06:13 AM Reply With Quote  
Pikachu
No need to buy it anymore, besides a new copy online costs like 80-90 so I've been told, I don't check cause I own two copies cause I had to get a second one cause someone jacked my disc three. PSX Emulators are free and work perfectly.
Old Posted 08-21-2011, 08:07 PM Reply With Quote