Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

More Magic
Default Question regarding earning event currency for Nox Noturnalis 2013   #1  
Is there any way to earn lanterns aside from participating in the NPC contests and finding them randomly by browsing the site?

Also, why is it that sometimes when I find a lantern by browsing the site it, instead of giving me one more lantern, takes one of my lanterns away?

I understand that apparently not all lanterns function as they should but wouldn't make more sense for the non-functioning lantern to simply not be added instead of taking a lantern away?

These would be all my questions. Aside from that I would like to suggest making lanterns earnable by posting, that way the event could help encourage conversation between users :#.
Old Posted 10-24-2013, 07:09 AM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
The lanterns are earnable by posting, it's just not 100%. I saw your post in another thread but it seems you've just been unlucky so far, we'll keep an eye on it though and if the lanterns blowing out becomes too high we'll adjust the numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Old Posted 10-24-2013, 07:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Be afraid.
Default   #3  
The lanterns are earnable by posting, it's just not 100% to gain it. I saw your post in another thread but it seems you've just been unlucky so far, we'll keep an eye on it though and if the lanterns blowing out becomes too high we'll adjust the numbers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rem View Post
It was Ashy's abs that brought us forth

Gallagher is my eternal nemesis
I have Fen's Boobs
Nexy's Wench
Last edited by Ashy; 10-24-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Old Posted 10-24-2013, 07:31 AM Reply With Quote  
More Magic
Ok, thank you for replying :3.
Old Posted 10-24-2013, 08:03 AM Reply With Quote  
We're all mad here.
Default   #5  
Can lanterns blow out from posts or just the random floating icons you click? I've manage to lose all of mine so far to blowing out, but I haven't gotten that many to start.
Old Posted 10-26-2013, 02:11 AM Reply With Quote  
Fresh meat :D
I was just wondering about that same thing. Thanks everyone for clarifying this.
Old Posted 10-26-2013, 05:52 AM Reply With Quote  
Is Legen...Wait for it...Dary
Default   #7  
so... i collect two lights and then they both go out when i click on two of the icons... not making any head way...
Old Posted 10-26-2013, 01:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Notorious Pirate Captain
they actually take out some of my lanterns... how did that happen? i'm confused! is it part of the event currency system?

"Semper Liberi et Fidelis in Infinitum"

Crimson Regrets' Pirate Captain

Member since 07-28-2010

Old Posted 10-26-2013, 02:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #9  
Yes, it's part of the event currency system. We decided to make it a bit more random, a little more of a gamble, just to try to keep things unpredictable.

As long as you're playing actively you won't get too many negatives, but your odds are a little worse if you only check in for a click or two occasionally.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-26-2013, 03:58 PM Reply With Quote  
L.E.D Sheep
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
As long as you're playing actively you won't get too many negatives, but your odds are a little worse if you only check in for a click or two occasionally.
Ahh, this is helpful to know!
Old Posted 10-27-2013, 12:09 AM Reply With Quote  

Tags
event