Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Seeker of Souls
Default Final Fantasy X-2 Stuff! (DISCUSS CHAC STRAT!)   #1  
In regards to the Chac strategies, if you have any, please please post them. XD I'm dieing over here because I can never seem to beat her 'legitimately' /: I tried like 10-12 times and just figured screw it and stunlocked her with trigger happy.

'legit' meaning, no Iron Dukes included, no stunlocking, no three warriors with delay to delay her to death (although delaying can be included, just not overandoverandover)... uh. I think that's it.

Mascots included, you can add those, seeing as they are obtainable before chac and stuff. But probably only one allowed? Three is kinda overkill for most monsters...Bonus points if mascots arn't included, though.

I guess I could say I'm mainly posting this for myself since no one on here is most likely playing this these days, but if you are, please feel free to contribute o-o.
This is just something I like to do while I'm bored or have free time. XD
For this thread, you can post your favorite setups for Early, Mid/End, or Post game on FFX-2. x3 It's so fun to play around with setups on here due to the amazing versatility the game offers o.o'
If you don't feel like posting setups, STILL feel free to talk about this amazing game! :3

Anyway! Here's mine; (also, make sure to include if it's new game+ or not XD)

Early Game
New Game + (not sure on the levels, but I know everyone's generally around lvl 8-9)

Yuna Lvl 8
Garment Grid - Highroad Winds (for First Strike)
Dress Sphere - Songstress
Accessories;
Adamantite (for the amazing defense it offers, plus it slows her down, allowing a longer dancing time.)
Ap Egg (to increase her AP gain , considering her slower speed.)

I usually have her start the battle with an 'Mp Mambo' to reduce mp cost to 0 for the other two girls to be able to go nuts with whatever. :3

Rikku Lvl 8
Garment Grid - Valiant Lustre
Dress Sphere - Samurai
Accessories;
Iron Duke (For amazing stat boost!)
Force of Nature (Just trying it out, never had it til this playthrough. Not dissapointed)

I usually have her, with 0 mp cost, play around with Hayate (Evasion up + Haste), one that bestows protect,shell, then finally the one that boosts her power a bit, once or twice.
DUDE. With this setup, I believe I used the power boosting one once or twice, had her kill an enemy (sahagin), and used 'Momentum' (increased damage as you kill more enemies), and she did 8000!!! Damage to another sahagin (most likely critical). Dude. 8000 dmg. at lvl 8. o__o; Paines over there doing around 200(?) with a normal hit... and she has an Iron duke on too...

Paine Lvl 9
Garment Grid - Supreme Light (? the one that gives white magic)
Dress Sphere - Gunner
Accessories;
Iron Duke (for amazing stats!)
Speed Bracer (haste on a gunner is good for trigger happy, not to mention she has healing, too. Very helpful.)

I usually play around with her, sniping the enemie's mp, casting regen, doing whatever with my 0 mp cost, to get more ap during battle. XD

So far I found this setup rather nice... Not sure how well it would fare in the post game, though... only one way to find out. XD
Last edited by Vincent; 05-16-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Old Posted 05-09-2014, 01:54 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
I AM PLAYING FOR THE HD REMASTER IS MAH BABEH!

My characters are all around 21-22 or so on levels.

I have Paine as a Psychic, Yuna as a White Mage, and Rikku is a Festivalist....of course depending on the battle, I switch them around. The Flans demand black mages.

I'm towards the end of chapter 1. At Kilika. But it's my first playthrough on the HD
Old Posted 05-09-2014, 02:25 AM Reply With Quote  
Seeker of Souls
Default   #3  
8)
I really want to get the Remaster. ;~; Being able to play the last mission... mf...
<3

Sadly I don't have a ps3 even but. x.x' yeah. XD
What do Psychics or Festivalists to? O:

Sounds pretty awesome 8D
Hey, hey you! I have places that need visiting! XD
My Hangout

My Quest Thread
Last edited by Vincent; 05-09-2014 at 02:38 AM.
Old Posted 05-09-2014, 02:35 AM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
Last Mission isn't that great imo. If you don't like turn based dungeons (where moving is a turn)....then you might not like it.

Festivalists...well, they can learn a lot of elemental things. Like one learns Flare Sandals. Water/Fire/Ice Sandals which just lets them do elemental damage. It's nice.

I haven't played Psychic much, but it seems to do a lot of status stuff, against the enemy and for the group. There's one where the user gets haste. And of course it has attacks (or just one? Idk) that does damage.
Old Posted 05-12-2014, 11:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Seeker of Souls
Default   #5  
Ohh sounds interesting, like... guided fate paradox or Lufia 2. o.o' maybe? XD
idk. but at least the remastered version has the last mission stuff without that for those that didnt like it. x:

Sounds... okay? XD Everything has elemental attacks, kinda kills the originality a bit. :c
My Hangout

My Quest Thread
Old Posted 05-14-2014, 06:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
It has the tower still, with the turn based moving. (I mean like moving left one spot takes a turn and the other monsters on the map move....kind of like Tactics?)

I don't know either of those games?

I still like it only because it has higher HP...I mean, it is different, I'm just not good at explaining anything. COME OVER AND I WILL SHOW YOU! D: Learn to teleport somehow? XD
Old Posted 05-15-2014, 02:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Seeker of Souls
Default   #7  
Ohh so it IS like those two games. 8'D That sounds awesome...
I wish it wasn't japanese. ;-;

Ah. One's relatively new, and the other one is old. XD

I WILL TRY . D;
Cuz like, I've been on a FFX-2 craze lately. ._. the whole fiend arena and fiend capturing sounds mega awesome too o_o ;
Are you doing any of those stuffs in it? Or just doin the game for now? o:

Also, sorry for the late reply. XD Been busy.
My Hangout

My Quest Thread
Old Posted 05-16-2014, 04:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Mother Ship
That's how you get psychic, beat the first tourney. Which I did, and you can use Rikku Paine and Yuna as fighters in it. Mostly, I'm just doing the game, though I have caught a few fiends :D
Old Posted 05-17-2014, 06:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Seeker of Souls
Default   #9  
Sounds fun. XD playing the game is always fun.
DUDE. i have this garment grid, horn of plenty, that gives you 'nab gil' which lets you attack and steal gil. I put white mages on it, turned all 3 girls into a white mage, and gave them attack boosting accessories.
ITS SO FUN. they have a ranged magic attack for their normal hit, and they can easily use 'pray' or 'vigor' to quickly heal their hp. XD
My Hangout

My Quest Thread
Old Posted 05-17-2014, 06:27 PM Reply With Quote  
Platypus
Large chains with trigger happy, also awards a trophy. She will barely be able to move. And super ribbon, auto-haste bangle as well.
Old Posted 10-27-2015, 02:30 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #11  
Playing HD remaster is THE BEST.
The psychics... Jegus, I don't even...
You can seriously set all three of them up as psychics and just godmode through the whole game. If you get good enough with their abilites, you can make it so that everybody is status-f***ing the enemies and using really overpowered attacks while never taking a single hit.
Plus, they look like, um... Futuristic magical girl Chobits? Which is way sweet.
Old Posted 11-03-2015, 02:33 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeDolly View Post
Playing HD remaster is THE BEST.
The psychics... Jegus, I don't even...
You can seriously set all three of them up as psychics and just godmode through the whole game. If you get good enough with their abilites, you can make it so that everybody is status-f***ing the enemies and using really overpowered attacks while never taking a single hit.
Plus, they look like, um... Futuristic magical girl Chobits? Which is way sweet.
I still dislike the combat...

I really need to give this game a chance, I keep being turned off by the gameplay in the first 30 minutes every time. Even 10 years ago I had this problem. It's hard for me to commit to this game for some reason and I have no idea why.

Old Posted 11-03-2015, 03:26 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #13  
If you haven't played X, that's probably why.
If you have played it, then... I don't know what to tell you. A lot of people are put off by it, but mostly only because it revolves around SUPER GIRLY DRESS UP TIME! That's a big plus for me, but I guess not everyone shares my passion for making things look cute.
The biggest reason to play would be for the story though. Everything after that is just icing, if you can figure out which aspects appeal to you most.
Old Posted 11-03-2015, 03:54 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeDolly View Post
If you haven't played X, that's probably why.
If you have played it, then... I don't know what to tell you. A lot of people are put off by it, but mostly only because it revolves around SUPER GIRLY DRESS UP TIME! That's a big plus for me, but I guess not everyone shares my passion for making things look cute.
The biggest reason to play would be for the story though. Everything after that is just icing, if you can figure out which aspects appeal to you most.
I have finished X multiple times, got every ultimate weapon (The pain of Lulu's weapon. DODGING LIGHTNING FOR 30 MINUTES STRAIGHT!)

I liked the super girly dress up time idea, I just hate how it was implemented in gameplay. I wish it was more like Lighting Returns in terms of costume change.

My problem is not the story but the gameplay, overworld, and so on. It's too easy to get lost and it's too easy to not know what your doing.

It's just not a straightforward game to me and I'm so off-put by it.

Old Posted 11-04-2015, 02:27 AM Reply With Quote