Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Goddess Of Mercy
Default Need To Rant. FUUUUU.   #1  
Okay. So I just need to post and rant. But if you think you have some good advice for me, feel free to post and let me know. <3

So okay. I'm a music fanatic. I -love- chilling and listening to some good tunes with my 2.5 speaker system. So that's two speakers and one woofer. A small, extraordinary lower power bass. So no biggy. I have it set to the lowest possible base setting. Fine.

But this is where the problem starts. You seem I live in a 10 apartment building. She is best BEST friend, and she lives directly above me. Meaning our rooms are one on top of the other. And yes. I listen to my music in my room. Because right now, my living room is packed with my mom's stuff and it hurts to be in there. SO moving on. I listen to music in my room. I have school from 9am to 12:30pm. She works from 8am till usually about 4:30pm. Sometimes she doesn't get home till 6pm. So, during the time I get home, and the time she does, I play my music full blast. When she gets home, I know she likes to nap, so, I'll either turn my music down really low for her to be able to nap, or turn it off all together. Usually, I do this from 4:45pm - 7pm (6:15 - 8:30pm), giving her two hours and 15 minutes to nap. When she -should be awake from her nap, I turn my music back on, but only half way up. Still not loud. And I always turn my music off at 10. The limit is actually 11pm [11am-11pm].

The problem is, though, that for the past three or four months, every time I DO play my music, she texts me and asks me to turn it down, even though I am considerately keeping it low during specific times just for her. I make sure she has quiet to sleep at night. I make sure she has quiet to nap in the afternoon. And yet she texts me, always with some excuse, "I have a migraine", "I'm sick", and most commonly, "I'm sleeping", and asks me to turn my music off, or at least down a little bit. In the beginning I was like, okay fine, no big deal. But for the past month or so, it's gotten worse, and I'm getting pissed. I don't know what to do or say to her. But today, I finally told her. I said look. I like to enjoy my music, and not to be rude Ang, I love you, but you're always asking me to turn my music down and I already keep it low for you to be comfortable. I'm getting annoyed that you keep asking me to turn it down, I mean I like to chill and listen to my music, but yeah... And then she gets all pissed at me, with a bitchy attitude. Like wtf? I already do so much for her and shit, I take her to dinner, I buy her pretty things, I do EVERYTHING with and for her. But now it's getting to be ridiculous. I seriously feel like a fucking married man! No wonder they cheat, with wives like that. Holy fuck.

Anyway, yeah, that's my rant. Feels good to get it off my chest. D<!
R.i.P MoM ~ I Love You, Always
[♥] Nov.26.2010 [♥]
Last edited by Misericorde; 03-31-2011 at 07:42 PM.
Old Posted 03-31-2011, 07:38 PM Reply With Quote  
*twitch*
I've never dormed before, so, I don't know what that's like. However, I do know what it's like to have friends who take advantage of you and I think you did the best course of action.

She should have brought this up in person if it was bugging her that much, but, instead she's texting you and asking you to stop. Which you have been listening to and respecting her wishes. However, you shouldn't have to give up something that you love all together. I can see turning it down, but, giving it up all together? That's not right at all.

Your friend needs a huge attitude adjustment. Good job for sticking up for yourself.

If you would like to see my awesome scroll: http://dragcave.net/user/Blakey914

I may also have a tumblr...
http://spunky710.tumblr.com
If you follow me, drop me a message in my ask! ^_^
Old Posted 04-01-2011, 06:20 PM Reply With Quote  
Goddess Of Mercy
Default   #3  
Well, I'm not dorming, I live in a one bedroom apartment, she lives in the apartment above me. The layouts of our apartments are exactly the same so her room is above my room. But yeah. I had to. I was tired of her bitching. D< She's still playing the pissy bitch, my dad called her to see if she wanted to go out with us and she kept ignoring his phone call, we know she's awake because the lights are on her place, but like seriously? That man has done everything he could for her. Cleaned her car of snow, bought he groceries, takes her [and I] out for movies, coffee, lots of stuff. We do all we can to keep her happy but she's always got excuses for why she can't go and I have to almost beg her to come...
[♥] Nov.26.2010 [♥]
Old Posted 04-01-2011, 11:03 PM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
tell her this: Tama na yan, sumusobra ka na.
That should open up her ears. XD

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 04-02-2011, 02:31 AM Reply With Quote  
Goddess Of Mercy
Default   #5  
LOL!! What does that mean?! XD
[♥] Nov.26.2010 [♥]
Old Posted 04-02-2011, 02:32 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream

it means, "that's enough, you're going too far"
but only say that if tagalog because it has heavier meaning.

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 04-02-2011, 02:39 AM Reply With Quote  
Pocket Demon Ninja
Default   #7  
I have a similar problem myself.. so I feel for ya Mis D:

I need my music to sleep.. if its not on, or if I can't hear it, i cant sleep or I wake up if I am asleep. and lately on the mucis's lowest volume the people below me bang on the ceiling.. its getting annoying.

。[Crunchyroll] 。[Study Japanese] 。[OTKH] 。
。Youtube 。Twitch 。

Old Posted 04-02-2011, 11:21 AM Reply With Quote  
Goddess Of Mercy
I know there isn't much I can do but tell her, but now she's being pissy and yeah. Can't win, just lose. -w-
[♥] Nov.26.2010 [♥]
Old Posted 04-02-2011, 02:52 PM Reply With Quote