Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

` Bark At The Moon
Default Relationship Problem... (Contains Slight Cursing)   #1  
I'm in a relationship that's lasted almost two years... At the beginning, everything was just perfect. You know, the sweet innocence between a new, young couple. That lasted about a year, and then all of a sudden something changed. We get into a lot of fights. At first I thought, all couples do this, it's not just me. It slowly started to turn violent. He (yes another male) would use my words against me, yell, and call me crude names such as "Selfish jackass" or "dumbass" whenever I'd ask a question. It's hurtful, but after the fights we'd make up simple and easy.

Lately, meaning for the past six months, it's been harder to make things up with him. He gets pissed off so easily and stays upset for longer than two days. He goes as far as telling me I don't deserve anything from him anymore, when it's usually him that grabs anything to make a big deal out of. I'm not the type to pick a fight for nothing. And an example of how bad he is with it, yesterday we were talking on msn and he was showing me some art of his. I wanted to show him some of mine so I posted a few pieces. Noticing photoshare didn't load, I closed out and tried reopening. But on his side, it didn't reopen at all. He threw a fit towards me, saying I threw a tantrum because "I think his arts better than mine". Which... I wouldn't throw a fit over that. Seriously. Last night, he got so hurtful with his words and tones, I wanted to end it.

But when I tried, I raised my voice because he wouldn't listen to me. And all of a sudden he's in tears because I rose my voice, and left a huge guilt trip on me.

I honestly don't know what to do. I love him, I really do, I don't want to break up with him. But if I stay with him, things will only get worse. Any advice for this miserable soul?

[[Sorry this was so long.. and sorry if I posted in the wrong area.]]
Currently questing: TEA TIME SET

{I'm a male u vu!}
Old Posted 02-21-2011, 02:53 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
I say you guys need a break. You both need a period to cool down, get things straight, and just focus on yourselves. Its not a break up, and you'd need to explain that to him. Honestly? He takes things way too out of context, and he's easily hurt, so there's nothing you can do about it. Since I know the both of you, I know how he's going to take it, so my opinion may or not mean anything. xDD;

But seriously... you need to let him know that as of late he's brought you nothing but hurt and misery. You've even gone as far as silent treatments, because of what he's done. It shouldn't be like that. I think there's a communication issue, that needs to be resolved. And the only way to get that taken care of is if he actually sits and listens to what you have to say. If he won't do that, then yes... I think a break is in order.
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 02-21-2011, 03:04 PM Reply With Quote  
` Bark At The Moon
Default   #3  
That sounds like a really good idea. But the thing that I'm really scared of is, he might take the break too far and get with other people. > < I'll talk to him about it though. Thank you so much, sis. <3

{I'm a male u vu!}
Old Posted 02-21-2011, 03:13 PM Reply With Quote  
~!Halloween Queen!~
You're welcome, brother. <3 I wish I could help more, though..
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 02-21-2011, 03:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Resistance agent
Default   #5  
You definitely need a break. And if he goes off with someone else maybe he wasn't worth the trouble in the first place. He seems to be being a bit of a jerk and you shouldn't feel bad about putting your point across 'hugs'

Old Posted 02-21-2011, 03:28 PM Reply With Quote  
` Bark At The Moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taiania View Post
You definitely need a break. And if he goes off with someone else maybe he wasn't worth the trouble in the first place. He seems to be being a bit of a jerk and you shouldn't feel bad about putting your point across 'hugs'
Yeah... I understand what you mean. > < *Hugs.* Thank you for the advice. <3

{I'm a male u vu!}
Old Posted 02-21-2011, 03:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Resistance agent
Default   #7  
No problem. I hope things get better.

Old Posted 02-21-2011, 04:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen

Hes insecure, basic and simple.
And you are seemed more mature and know what you
are doing and hes not... and maybe it built some
resentment and insecurity...

Been there and done that, in YOUR shoes... so we
broke up at end, but we agreed to since we want to
be happy again and not miserable. But we were together for
7 months so it was miserable. XD

Hope things works out... but if he didnt accept it and went
with other guys, then hes done for good and dont even bother
give him 2nd chance(s)... once cheated, always a CHEATER, period.

Old Posted 02-21-2011, 08:44 PM Reply With Quote  
E✘terminate
Default   #9  
Not only do you guys need a bit of a break you need to talk things out with him. There may be something going on in his life that he won't tell you about because he might think that you will not understand. Just bring up the question of is something wrong that he's not talking about and if there is anything that you can help him with. Tell him that you're there for him and not to be afraid to open up if he ever needs to. He might be hiding something that is eating at him and causing him to have mood swings. My girlfriend does this same thing. She loves me and she hates to upset me but she constantly does it. It's because she has so much stress right now because she is supporting the both of us and instead of taking a minute to calm down and just think things out and talk about them she builds them up and it comes out in anger. Just see if he will talk with you about what's on his mind. :)
✘|Twenty-Six|Taken|✘
Old Posted 02-23-2011, 06:47 AM Reply With Quote  
nostalgic
You need to get out of this while you can. He sounds manipulative and abusive (at least emotionally).

I was in a relationship just like that (at the 2-year mark as well), and it turned from calling me names/guilt-tripping me if I ever got angry back, to hitting me and trying to keep me in line.

I am very serious, you need to leave and find someone who will treat you right, or just work on yourself for a while.
Old Posted 03-05-2011, 01:34 AM Reply With Quote  
Neopet Addict
Default   #11  
I'd take the break and maybe hang around with other people. If he does go off with someone else then you deserve better. Because that is not on.

*steals away to make the feel betters* Poor thing. It sucks but it will get better.

Come in and have a chat. Featuring out own blog!!
Old Posted 03-05-2011, 07:45 AM Reply With Quote  
` Bark At The Moon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

Hes insecure, basic and simple.
And you are seemed more mature and know what you
are doing and hes not... and maybe it built some
resentment and insecurity...

Been there and done that, in YOUR shoes... so we
broke up at end, but we agreed to since we want to
be happy again and not miserable. But we were together for
7 months so it was miserable. XD

Hope things works out... but if he didnt accept it and went
with other guys, then hes done for good and dont even bother
give him 2nd chance(s)... once cheated, always a CHEATER, period.

Such great advice. Thank you ; o;

{I'm a male u vu!}
Old Posted 03-12-2011, 07:03 PM Reply With Quote  
` Bark At The Moon
Default   #13  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poptart View Post
Not only do you guys need a bit of a break you need to talk things out with him. There may be something going on in his life that he won't tell you about because he might think that you will not understand. Just bring up the question of is something wrong that he's not talking about and if there is anything that you can help him with. Tell him that you're there for him and not to be afraid to open up if he ever needs to. He might be hiding something that is eating at him and causing him to have mood swings. My girlfriend does this same thing. She loves me and she hates to upset me but she constantly does it. It's because she has so much stress right now because she is supporting the both of us and instead of taking a minute to calm down and just think things out and talk about them she builds them up and it comes out in anger. Just see if he will talk with you about what's on his mind. :)
Alright. ^ ^ Hopefully he decides to talk to me about it. He usually does tell me his problems, but I guess I can't really tell for sure if he's hiding anything else.. Thank you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawkabilly View Post
You need to get out of this while you can. He sounds manipulative and abusive (at least emotionally).

I was in a relationship just like that (at the 2-year mark as well), and it turned from calling me names/guilt-tripping me if I ever got angry back, to hitting me and trying to keep me in line.

I am very serious, you need to leave and find someone who will treat you right, or just work on yourself for a while.
Okay.. thank you for your advice and concern!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Harper View Post
I'd take the break and maybe hang around with other people. If he does go off with someone else then you deserve better. Because that is not on.

*steals away to make the feel betters* Poor thing. It sucks but it will get better.
Nyaaa... alright... thank yooou~ *Stolen.* ; v; I hope so~

{I'm a male u vu!}
Old Posted 03-12-2011, 07:05 PM Reply With Quote  
Fydan Ela Yen

You are welcome. <3

Old Posted 03-14-2011, 11:18 PM Reply With Quote  
More More Magic
Default   #15  
You guys need a break, for real. If you want it to last you have to take a break. Things will only get worse and believe it or not. Love isn't supposed to be that hard.

Best of luck to you and stay strong for yourself!

Old Posted 03-15-2011, 12:41 AM Reply With Quote  
Silent Scream
I've been there. Hah. You two need a break...but if he continues that kind of attitude towards you, then it's not helping both of you and ending it would be best. However, this is my opinion...the decision lies in your hands.
*hugs him*

^Toxxic art
art by chocobo & honey
Old Posted 03-16-2011, 12:15 PM Reply With Quote