Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Harmless
Default   #49  
I definitely believe in ghosts, spirits, the paranormal, etc.

I hate ouija boards, and would never recommend anyone use them. They're not allowed in my home.
I do have two tarot decks, and my boyfriend and I both share one of them. Usually I don't recommend letting anyone else touch your tarot cards, but he and I are so closely bonded that it doesn't seem to adversely affect the readings.
I've had limited experience with astral projection, you have to be VERY calm and feel quite safe in your location to do it successfully, though.
I'm not prescient by any means (premonitions and future-seeing) but I do believe I am able to feel other people's emotional states. It's very distressing to me to be near a lot of people at once, I kind of feel like I'm being battered by waves in the ocean, but people I'm quite close to I'm comfortable with, and generally have an unexplainable ability to know how they're feeling/exactly what to say to make them feel better, even if I'm in a different room, different house, different city. If I'm VERY close to someone (a few friends, my boyfriend) I often end up saying exactly the same thing, same way, same time, in reaction to things. It gets amusingly creepy at times.
Old Posted 12-06-2012, 06:12 PM Reply With Quote  
CHEEZBURGER?!
GHOSTS! Yes I believe in spirits and the paranormal.
I've got my own tarot deck that I'm okay with.. My room-mates are better though.
I've had quite a few paranormal experiences in my life. My mom tells me that when I was 3 or 4 she walked up to my bedroom door to see me sitting on my bed talking to an empty rocking chair that was rocking on its own, and when she finally stopped spying and came in to ask what I was up to, I told her I'd been talking to my great-grandmother, who had passed away a few months before.
We were still living in my great-grandparents' house, we'd moved up there to care for my great-grandfather in his old age, and when we first arrived my great-grandmother had still been alive. She was very adamant about keeping the kitchen windows shut, to the point where she'd had someone nail them to the sills. After she passed, my mother pulled the nails out and had screens installed, and kept the windows open. On occasion, everyone would leave the kitchen to be in other rooms of the house, and we'd return to the kitchen to find the curtains drawn closed, windows shut, locked, and the outside shutters shut and latched.
Another time I was hanging out with a friend of mine in her room, and we were sitting on her bed reading when her small TV that sat on the dresser turned on to static, and we faintly heard someone talking through the static. It was creepy, so we turned the TV off, assuming maybe one of the neighbors had a universal remote that had triggered it or something, and the late hour and our tiredness, plus the brain's natural desire to make order of chaos, had caused us to hear voices in the static. It turned back on, and the voices seemed clearer. I got up and unplugged the TV, and while the plug was still in my hand, unplugged from the wall, the TV came on yet again.
We ended up burying the TV under boxes of books and old clothes, screen-down, in the way back corner of her closet..
They/them is (are?) my preferred pronoun(s?)
Old Posted 12-06-2012, 06:25 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #51  
i didn't know that this would also be a conversation about tarot cards :o i do readings and read my cards all the time. I'm also working my way through a personal tarot workbook
Old Posted 12-06-2012, 08:15 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
I really hope you were kidding about Ouija boards leading to the death of millions, Shadami XD
Old Posted 12-07-2012, 01:58 AM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Default   #53  
Did i say millions? That may have been an overexageration. xD and i don't know the statistics for real. i just know I've heard rumors of "true stories?" that state that they've opened portals and ect ect scary stuff with blood and death and spooky. Don't want to use one ever again things
Old Posted 12-07-2012, 03:22 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
I'm sure it's all crap. You'd think there'd be SOME confirmed documentation if that really happened a lot.

All the times I used a Ouija board at slumber parties as a teenager, nothing weird happened at all, though we liked to pretend it did. I'm pretty convinced that the vast majority of "paranormal" activity is people convincing themselves something unexplained is going on.

One time I was dozing in my bed at night when I saw a ghostly face looking in my window. I freaked the hell out and slept in the living room the rest of the night. The next night, I was scared but still went to bed in my own bed, and I realized -- since I was much more awake at that point -- that the "ghostly face" was the moonlight shining through some branches, which the combination of sleepiness and having my glasses off (which left my vision REALLY blurry) convinced me was a face.

I'm sure that kind of thing happens a lot.
Old Posted 12-07-2012, 03:36 PM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
Default   #55  
ive had three tarot decks in my time and all three of them have served me pretty well

if anyone is interested in starting to use tarot, it is good luck to receive your first deck as a gift instead of buying it for yourself, and when youre picking one out, pick the one that you feel drawn to or the most attached to :3
tw: tumblr
Old Posted 12-07-2012, 09:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
i always put my glasses on immedietly if i see something without them. have to make sure i was just seeing things.
Old Posted 12-07-2012, 11:16 PM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
Default   #57  
wow!!!!! news i have it

i think i astral projected last night! like wow it was really amazing and also fun and kinda hard??? i dunno i had an adventure and i made a long post on my blog about it if y'all want to go read about it :3

sdafdasf im gonna try again tonight to see if i can do it not-by-accident :'D
tw: tumblr
Old Posted 12-11-2012, 10:03 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
demons, experiences, ghosts, paranormal, supernatural