Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Gothic Princess
Default   #33  
My friend admitted to moving the pointer that night.. nothing really happened through the owner of the board didn't want it back after that night and last I heard, my neighbor still had the board.

I haven't messed with another one since through my Aunt owns one and me and my dad, who has had experience using them have talked about borrowing it from her but other than that, I wouldn't try it without someone who knows what they are doing.. and I heard you don't use the pointer unless the spirit wants to communicate with you.. not sure how accurate my father is with his information but he told me, me and my friend had been doing it wrong that night. XD

~In Loving Memory:~
To my sister and best friend since Kindergarten - Jenni
To a beautiful soul - Jessica
My Father, Daniel.
To the wise ass on my first day of College - Conor
To the unique bro in law - Eugene
To the one I never got to really know - John

Old Posted 11-21-2012, 05:10 PM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
wow where were even the questions in that

um

well

ok

wow i like to consider myself intelligent but that went way over my head

but basically

i can't prove paranormal entities exist, but you can't prove they don't exist

that's basically it "/ i'm not gonna debate anyone of the existence of a higher/parallel plane since the paranormal is called that because we can't explain it. there isn't a specific "right" and "wrong" way to rationalize something that can't be explained in the first place. some people find comfort and reassurance in superstition, some find comfort and reassurance in science, some use a combination of both. none are wrong since all of their beliefs are essentially just theories.

also, let me play the devil's advocate for a moment: if you believe that humans use superstition to rationalize strange occurrences because they are pattern-seeking creatures, how do you know that some, more scientifically-educated people, aren't using science to rationalize something that could very well have been an otherworldly experience? they would be more familiar with the patterns of science, so those would be the patterns they turn to to rationalize their experience. we don't actually know either way.

like i said, i'm not going to debate anyone; you can believe what you believe and i'll believe what i believe, as long as we don't try to push our beliefs on one another i'm fine
tw: tumblr
Old Posted 11-21-2012, 05:10 PM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
Default   #35  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoena View Post
Ill straighten you out on the saner side of things, Suzie.
im not sure what you mean by the "saner side of things" but if you're trying to call those of us who are more superstitious insane, i would appreciate it if you would leave because i will not have anyone insulting one another based on their beliefs

this is meant to be a non-discriminatory discussion
Old Posted 11-21-2012, 05:15 PM Reply With Quote  
Lost in a Memory
@Toki - I'm not, nor was I - being discriminatory, however I don't think you understood what Suzerain was asking. He was asking your point of view to be clarified, so that he can understand it better because he is honestly wondering about that stuff. He was not debating you, but sparking a discussion, which you took to mean "debate" somehow.

I will leave this topic now, since you obviously do not want to have an actual discussion.
There's nothing you can do
'Cause love's such a joke
Like a little jack in the box
Old Posted 11-21-2012, 05:25 PM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
Default   #37  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amoena View Post
@Toki - I'm not, nor was I - being discriminatory, however I don't think you understood what Suzerain was asking. He was asking your point of view to be clarified, so that he can understand it better because he is honestly wondering about that stuff. He was not debating you, but sparking a discussion, which you took to mean "debate" somehow.

I will leave this topic now, since you obviously do not want to have an actual discussion.
you may leave if you wish but forgive me for misinterpreting

and i most certainly did misinterpret

like dang

calm down the PhD vocab please asdf that is really easy to take the wrong way

i'll state my opinion on the subject in a separate post
Old Posted 11-21-2012, 06:10 PM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
basically when it comes to paranormal things, i would like to believe they exist but i don't always since i have so rarely experienced any sort of thing that could be considered paranormal

like i said before i have practiced with astral projection and the metaphysical properties of crystals. neither i've had much success with but many other people i know have had significant experiences with one or both.

basically i do believe that the universe is connected through energy--which, as everyone knows, cannot be created or destroyed, only converted-- and that every living creature has some form of that energy keeping them functioning until their body expires and that energy is released into the universe to be recycled and/or converted into something else; therefore, i believe in reincarnation, not any form of heaven or hell

i dont remember who said it, but there's a quote i really enjoy that goes something like, "you do not have a soul; you are a soul, and you have a body." and i think that's pretty rad but even though i would like to believe it, i don't believe the energy that composes a soul can hold an identity for very long and i believe that identity is a thing created in the brain, not the soul, though it can have some influence based on what the soul was used for previously (past lives, etc.)

when it comes to ouija boards im basically like NO DONT P MUCH NEVER OK

tarot cards are p rad and ive owned three decks in my time

i really love exploring the metaphysical properties of crystals and i enjoy holistic healing because there are some things that people ignore and try to cure with chemicals when a gentler cure is right in their garden. (of course there are some things that cannot be healed or helped holistically but there are many things that can)

i'm especially fascinated by the topic of dreams because wow who knows where that comes from and why we dream what we do and why some people have dreams that may happen in waking hours later it's just really cool

but yeah lucid dreaming and astral projection i think would be really fun if i could do them "/

tl;dr i believe in and practice a lot of paranormal and holistic and new-age sorts of things even though i have pretty much no luck with them so yeah
Old Posted 11-21-2012, 06:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #39  
do you believe in ghosts? why or why not?
I do. I've had experiences in the past.

tell us about a paranormal experience you've had
One day.. everyone was asleep. It was around 4AM. Nobody upstairs (this is an apartment) lived there, so it was just us. I had turned my television off and stepped out of my room. As I was heading to the kitchen, I heard a voice whisper in my ear. It kind of sounded like my sister.. but she moved to Texas years ago. It definitely wasn't my mom! I turned around and nobody was there. As much as I love spirits, I was shaking. It's creepy when it happens out of nowhere; Unexpectedly!

There was also a time when I came to my mothers' room to speak to her about something. She was alone in her room. Her computer was on, but no browser was up. Nothing. Not even Yahoo. But there was a male voice coming from her speakers, asking, "What's up?" I was shocked! My mom told me about how she was able to talk to the dead. Basically... the friend of her boyfriend had died in a car accident, and he's been sending her messages or whatever. It was hard to believe since I didn't see it for myself. So when he spoke to her.. it startled me.

Come to think of it.. the same thing happened to my sister. And it would make sense, since she was dating my moms' boyfriend at the time. -Sweat drop.-

Ah.. Years ago, I was sitting on my bed, and the radio turned on by itself. Nothing was pressed against it to make it do that.
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 06:59 AM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
sounds like youve had mainly technological experiences

ive never had experiences like that but it sounds pretty freaky! mostly in my house the doors open and close on their own but my parents always attribute it to airflow

do those things happen often, or just those few times?
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 03:32 PM Reply With Quote  
Best thing since cheese-in-a-can!
Default   #41  
I hate to burst this paranormal bubble, but that may have not been a completely otherworldly experience. I've had the same kind of thing happen, but I later learned that it was the neighbor's CB radio interfering with the computer speakers.

Emperor of Japan*Anonymous Fiend
Nikko, Kaguya, and Toki are my siblings

Reyo has an art thread!
Click the adorable tentacle creature!
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 03:59 PM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyoki View Post
I hate to burst this paranormal bubble, but that may have not been a completely otherworldly experience. I've had the same kind of thing happen, but I later learned that it was the neighbor's CB radio interfering with the computer speakers.
this is true-- it's pretty hard for me to consider electrical interferences as paranormal phenomena since so many other things could have caused them
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 05:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
Default   #43  
I'm really not sure if I believe in anything anymore, but I have had a couple experiences I have no direct explanation for.

Let Us All Unite Autotune remix by Melodysheep
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 06:01 PM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
i wouldn't mind hearing about them, if youre willing to tell
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 08:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Barrel of Monkeys
Default   #45  
But it was the same male voice. It happened in two different places. It didn't happen all that often. And it doesn't explain how she's been able to talk to the dead. And other things have happened.. Or why I heard a voice in my ear, when I wasn't even tense to begin with. It's not like I would suddenly hear it and freak out for nothing. But I get that people are still in denial about such things, so I'll just leave it at that.
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 08:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Psych
I don't really remember them well, but both incidents occurred when I visited Gettysburg, PA. I'll see what I can do about dredging up the memories.

Let Us All Unite Autotune remix by Melodysheep
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 09:57 PM Reply With Quote  
(⊙‿⊙✿)
Default   #47  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epic Rave Monster View Post
But it was the same male voice. It happened in two different places. It didn't happen all that often. And it doesn't explain how she's been able to talk to the dead. And other things have happened.. Or why I heard a voice in my ear, when I wasn't even tense to begin with. It's not like I would suddenly hear it and freak out for nothing. But I get that people are still in denial about such things, so I'll just leave it at that.
i'm just generally skeptical about electronic interference u_u

do you have any accounts of your mom talking to spirits? i'd really like to know more details on that. does she generally have dreams concerning them, or does she flat-out see/hear/speak with them right then and there? my dad has dreams sometimes where he speaks with recently deceased family members, but they're usually pretty trippy and difficult to decipher
Old Posted 11-25-2012, 10:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Rebooting....
Quote:
do you believe in ghosts? why or why not?
most definetly yes. They exist. i love taps. obsessed with it really. I also believe in spirits, but they are completely different.
Why... hmmm, well pretty sure I've seen one or two. Possibly more. And there is just no way in my mind that they DON'T exist.
[QUOTE] tell us about a paranormal experience you've had[/QUOTE
Most recent one --> actually involves me calling a team to come in and investigate. I've never experienced anything in my own home before. Moved back, and now there is something messing with doors and locks all the time o.O HOW. WHY. what changed??
Quote:
astral projection, most excellent experience or frickin terrifying would not recommend?
never particularly tried it. I have no confidence that i would succed.
Quote:
ouija boards are not rad in the slightest, agree or disagree
they're creepy devices that can call the dead that shouldn't be called. And lead tot he death of millions.l Actually i have no idea. HAve one. they freak me out.
Quote:
spirit guides, premonition dreams, etc.
all the TIME. Knew i was gonna get pregnant, and exactly where i'd be living and who I'd be with when it finally happened.
Spirit Guides are also everywhere. I know all of them that are in the house with me right now.
Old Posted 12-06-2012, 01:59 PM Reply With Quote  

Tags
demons, experiences, ghosts, paranormal, supernatural