Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Lord of the House of Esthial
Default Interactive Story RP: Observing the Festivities   #1  
Lord Maikan stepped out from the throng of people that surrounded Quesaria's beloved Queen, adjusting his red and black leather gloves airly as he gazed out upon the crowds of partygoers, his lip twitching into a digusted snarl briefly. He was surprised Her Majesty had allowed so many...commoners here in the palace. Yes, this was an immense event and all of Quasaria should be invited, but with all this peasantry it wouldn't be too long before pigs and hay bales lined the marble halls, he thought with a sniff. He straightened his coat and headed into the mass of guests, taking care to avoid contact with any of the peasantry in all their ridiculously over-lavish costumes.

He had just spent a pleasant hour in the company of Queen Karsalia, discussing important matters of state, but time was short and he really rather should be making his way amongst the guests; he did have a job to do after all, one that had nothing to do with politics. A few ladies of the court tried to get his attention, fluttering about him in the hopes he'd join them for a drink or two; but Maikan wasn't a man for the endless, pointless prattle of courtly gossip. He was a dedicated servent of his beloved Queen, focused as always to the task at hand and took up an unobtrusive spot near the refreshment table, his cold blue gaze scanning over the crowds as if looking for something, or someone as he recieved a glass of wine and lifted it to his lips.
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 09:39 PM  
System Start
[[Is this a regular hangout? I don't want to ruin it if it is an RP thread or something o_o. At any rate, hullo!]]
Come Chat With Me?

Or, if you're feeling crafty...

Knit or Crochet? Find me on Ravelry

¡Uno! ¡Dos! ¡Tré!
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 10:12 PM  
Wanderer
Default   #3  
((I was kinda wondering the same thing...)
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-19-2011, 10:13 PM  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
((It's an RP-hangout that you are free to post in. :D ))

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 07-19-2011, 10:17 PM  
Wanderer
Default   #5  
Espy slipped through the multitude of people chatting in the sidelines, holding the sheathed sword close to her so as to not arouse suspicion. Ah, should've worn a mask, she thought, hoping her piercingly red eyes wouldn't turn heads. She didn't like attention; she hadn't particularly loathed it either when, as a child, her family had treated her like the actual princess she was, but attention now would be...bothersome.

The drunk men nearby caused her to flatten her ears slightly. She hated above all the loud nonsensical blabber of inebriated men and women alike. But soon, she'd have to do something to blend in. She sighed. She had never been a person for formalities and dances.

((Ok, be back in...about three hours.))
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Last edited by Espy; 07-19-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 10:27 PM  
Mother Ship
Angel hung around at the edges of the ball mostly; sipping punch and nibbling sweets. She looked around for some familiar faces to chat with, but was presently a bit too tired to say much due to the lateness of the hour. However, she was enjoying taking in the atmosphere of the ball.
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 10:42 PM  
Default   #7  
Lord Maikan watched the crowds with a bored air, sipping his drink. His eyes were drawn to a woman with long fox ears atop her head, weaving her way through the throngs of people, looking around as if she was afraid of being spotted. He watched her for a moment, amused by how she tried to be nonchalant and invisible while being obvious and sticking out like a sore thumb. He chuckled to himself, taking a sip of his wine. How amusing....she obviously wasn't as she appeared, he could tell. She was probably some sort of high class lady, a duke's daughter or something of the sort. He turned his attention away, although he decided he would keep an eye on her; her face seemed familiar too, although he couldn't quite place it...

Lord Maikan returned to observing the crowds of people, feigning a yawn, though his eyesight was sharp as he looked around, noting every unfamiliar face.
Old Posted 07-19-2011, 11:21 PM  
Wanderer
Espy's left ear twitched slightly. A sign of anxiety...She could feel eyes on her. Er...do I turn around to check...? That'd make it obvious, huh... She noticed a lady wandering on the outskirts of the ball; so maybe she wasn't the only one...

A bit flustered, she finally admitted to herself that perhaps insisting on being a tomboy when she was little might not have been the best idea...
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-20-2011, 02:28 AM  
Default   #9  
Lord Maikan's eyes narrowed as he watched the woman skulk away, his brow raising. He was sure she was no threat, but still -- she might not be a physical threat, but be a spy of some nature, or a thief, or any number of things. It was his duty as a Lord of his Queen's court and her servant in other matters to investigate if need be.

He walked quickly after the woman, his long strides allowing him to catch up easily and placed a halting hand on her shoulder. "Madam, I couldn't help but notice your fine coat," he said, feigning a friendly air and smiled. "I do not believe I have had the pleasure of seeing you around before, are you from a distant kingdom?" He bowed low and gallantly before her. "I am Lord Maikan,of the House of Esthial."
Old Posted 07-20-2011, 11:11 PM  
Exchanger
Demo wandered his way back into the main hall of the castle after ignorantly getting lost within it's many halls trying to find the restrooms. "I really do not understand the houses of this area. Very much different from what I'm used to back home."

The air was a tad warm at aloud with a rumble of many voices coming from the mass of people within the main hall. Demo though to himself, "Why this is quiet a turn out. I wonder though how many of these people truely come for the queen or the free wine." He chuckled to himself at the last though. He decided to lean against a wall and try to observe to find if there was anyone he knew. Richard of course had fallen asleep again upon his shoulder after getting lost.
[Proud Ascent Arco of Light.]

White thinks... That this signature is too sexy for its shirt. <3
~Neirra is my trisphee lil sis.~

Check out my Shop and my Quest Thread.
I'm a jerk so deal with it.
Old Posted 07-21-2011, 12:12 AM  
Wanderer
Default   #11  

Ah, quick, a name! Er...my middle will have to do for now. "I...uh...suppose you could call me Rion, for now, " she replied hurriedly. Color flared into her face. "Distant kingdom...Well...I suppose you could say that. A very distant kingdom."

The strange blue eyes bore into her; she felt that there was something quite wrong here, but her scattered wits could hardly help her form a decent thought. "Ex...excuse me, it's my first ball, and..." She trailed off as Maikan's eyes sent shivers down her spine. That's...strange. It feels like he's searching me. ...Must just be myself.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-21-2011, 02:20 AM  
"You supposed?" the male repeated slowly, his tail flicking slightly beneath his cloak. "You are not sure of your own name, madam?" The comment was spoken lightly, slightly teasing but no smile sat in Maikan's eyes. "Well then, as a Lord of the Court is it my highest honor this evening to welcome you to Queen Maesha's land and celebration." He bowed again, his gaze flicking over to the sword she carried and he straightened, a glimmer of interest in his eyes. "That sword...a decorative item for your masquerade, I assume?" he said softly, taking a sip of his drink. "Beautiful workmanship on it."

He noticed a male over against the wall with a wyvern on his shoulder and blinked, frowning slightly. Had he been allowed to enter the castle with such a creature in tow? Maikan would need to have strong words with the security forces; things were getting lax.
Old Posted 07-21-2011, 02:52 AM  
Wanderer
Default   #13  
"Thank you, Lord Maikan. That name...I use it because I dislike using my full name. It's quite a mouthful. And, of course! The...er...colors," she finished quite lamely. "Although I do not have a mask currently. I might've lost it...outside."

She followed the man's gaze; a man in brightly-colored attire with a dragon perched almost precariously on his shoulder. A slight gasp; she had always been fond of certain creatures, and this wyvern would probably not escape her praise.
STONEWALL WAS A RIOT

Old Posted 07-21-2011, 03:12 AM  
Derp
Another year, another fanciful gathering. The wonders of the Masquerade were not lost on Michael, not in the tiniest sense. He loved it- the dressing up, nobody knowing who or what you were. It was the perfect escape, wasn't it? You could be anyone; and nobody would be the wiser. Hell, even social positions and such were overlooked. A man in a dress? Absurd! A man in a dress and mask at the ball? Ooh how positively quaint.

"These heels are killin' me." He grumbled, frowning as he watched people dancing from the edge of the floor, one ear flicking in annoyance. Okay so he'd bought the heels just for tonight- with quite a bit of saved up money mind you. And he was damn well going to wear them.

"I am so not getting heels next time.." He added in a bitter tone. This had been a baaaaad idea. Fun, but his ankles and the tops of his feet were already crying for mercy. And he'd been here...what...almost thirty minutes? Wonderful..

This is how I show my love.
I made it in my mind because;

I blame it on my ADD baby.
This is how an angel cries.
Blame it on my own sick pride.

Blame it on my ADD baby.

Old Posted 07-21-2011, 04:38 AM  
Exchanger
Default   #15  
Demo sighed as he scanned the crowd till he fell on two sets of eyes that were curiously looking at him, or so he thought. He felt very uneasy but he could not pinpoint what exactly was giving him this feeling? Demo though to himself, "Wait a moment, why should I be nervous? I came here just like everyone else did." Within that moment he disconnected his gaze with the pair across the grand hall and started at his shoe as if enticed by it's boredom.
[Proud Ascent Arco of Light.]

White thinks... That this signature is too sexy for its shirt. <3
~Neirra is my trisphee lil sis.~

Check out my Shop and my Quest Thread.
I'm a jerk so deal with it.
Old Posted 07-21-2011, 10:11 AM  
Trisphee's Mad Hatter
Coming into the room Belial saw the crowd and it took all of his will not to turn and walk out immediately. "If they didn't want you here you wouldn't have gotten an invite, stupid" he chided himself mentally. Trying to be as unnoticeable as possible he found his way to a small table laden with snacks.

The chocolate smell was truly enticing to his nose and he soon began filling up one of the provided plates. One nibble of the fragrant treat and he was in heaven. The subtle bitterness seemed perfectly balanced with the sweet and . . . what was that?. . . .orange filling? it melted in his mouth like steel in a sword mold. Strange comparison but to him that made sense.

He did not partake of the dancing, he never learned how and Belial was not keen on making a spectacle of himself. Being a face in the crowd made him happy and his lot in life was satisfying enough. He had no need of anything further aside from possibly a comfy chair which he soon found. He delighted in observing others from a distance. Almost as if he were a psychologist seeking the ever present answer of why people do things.

He took a small bite of a cake and found it just as perfectly made as the small chocolate square from before.
Old Posted 07-21-2011, 10:39 AM