Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #33  
"Skuld?" Dolly tilted her head and looked the woman over. Yes, the name seemed fitting for her. "...It's a pleasure!" she said finally, after almost too much deliberation. The music from the other room began to infect her, and she began to sway as gently as she could in her massive gown. To Skuld's question she seemed to blush and she answered, "Well, I... have never actually met the queen, but... we're here and there throughout the place. I don't know much, really, and we're actually not supposed to talk about it." Dolly looked around at the others, then leaned in close to the woman and spoke so that only she could hear. "Do you want to know a secret? I'm the only one who can talk about it!" She smiled nervously and lifted the edge of her glove for Skuld to see the handcrafted joint that connected her upper and forearm, and that what had seemed like skin was actually smooth porcelain.
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 04:47 PM  
draws the naughty bits
Rem tilted his head curiously, looking at the finely-dressed pink-haired woman, her outfit more fit on a child's porcelain doll than a grown adult woman, he felt. There was something about her that was interesting though and he threw his cigarette out the window with a flick of his fingers and brushed them through his hair, smoothing the fur down on the catlike ears that poked up through the fringe of green. He dropped lightly down onto the floor with a thump of boot, tail swishing behind him and walked over to the pair of woman, bowing low before them like the gentleman lord he was attempting to imitate.

"Miladies, pleasant evening to you," he said, though his lordly air was slightly broken by the roguish grin that curled on his lips, and he smiled to them each in turn. "Are you all right? You took a bit of a tumble it seems," he said to the doll-like lady.

[[pretend he had ears and a tail THE WHOLE TIME ho ho ho ]]

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 05:28 PM  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #35  
Dolly jumped at the sound of somebody else addressing them, and she quickly replaced the glove over her arm. She turned to the man and was only slightly surprised to see the feline features, though something about him didn't seem quite truthful. Then again, that was the point of a Masquerade, wasn't it? She offered him a nod, and a shy smile, and had scooted closer to Skuld without realizing it. "I'm alright now, sir, and thank you for asking." She laughed. "It was actually quite fun!" Of course the slight fall wouldn't have hurt her in the least, but she didn't bother to tell him that. "And you are...?"
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 06:03 PM  
Posty McPostsALot
Funkduder checked his watch before entering the ballroom. "Five minutes until the tent gets here.I have to make a good impression if I want more guests at the Enterprise."
He explored the dance floor first, hoping to spot a familiar face to get situated.
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 06:45 PM  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #37  
Skuld's eyes barely twitched when Dolly revealed herself to her. Smiling shortly, and nodding her head, she decided it would be wise to just keep her lips zipped. Tossing her head over her shoulder as the man approached, she took a slight step in front of the doll, feeling.. vastly protective out of nowhere. Nodding her head again, she mouthed "later", and put another smile back on to her face. Seeing that the man had taken up interest solely in Dolly, the younger woman decided she'd just keep to the background for now, just in case she stepped out of line, somehow. After all, she really didn't want to embarrass herself... yet.

[GAWD I'm so rusty. ><]
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 08:13 PM  
Exchanger
Demo looks around at the mass of people in the room. "I do believe this room is becoming too crapped for my liking. Saying this, excuse me as I make my way to another more spacious area." Demo said this as he began to exit the room. "Though feel free to follow if you so wish."
[Proud Ascent Arco of Light.]

White thinks... That this signature is too sexy for its shirt. <3
~Neirra is my trisphee lil sis.~

Check out my Shop and my Quest Thread.
I'm a jerk so deal with it.
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 08:16 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #39  
"I do believe I'll accompany you, this seems to be the way of these sorts of things. Though, you always run the risk of offending those crowding you in." Suzerain sighs, smiling behind the mask of his jacket. "Such is celebration. No soul left undisturbed." He follows Demo out of the room, taking pains to avoid the main hall of the castle where the danse is on in full fervor.
Cold silence has a tendency
to atrophy any sense of compassion
between supposed lovers.
Between supposed brothers.
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 08:26 PM  
draws the naughty bits
Rembrandt laughed softly, nodding. "Well yes I suppose it would be fun to slide around, the floors here are certainly slick enough," he brushed the floor with his boot. "Shined and waxed to a high gleam, clear enough to see yourself in; the lovely Queen spares no expense for appearances, eh?" He smirked and inclined his head slightly to both ladies, though the one behind the pink-haired woman held back. He frowned inwardly, had he come on too strong? The woman just intrigued him, there was something about her that was...different. To be as excellent a thief as himself (his own pride boasted his exellence of course) one had to be quite observant. Besides, perhaps they both were high ladies of the court; and thus would be even more interesting to him.

"I am Rembrandt, milady, just a humble lord from lands far away. I heard our delightful Queen was hosting a magnificent event and I just had to attend." He smiled a slightly lopsided girn. "May I be so bold as to ask your name? And that of your shy friend...?"

i won't rot ∙ not this mind and not this heart ∙ i won't rot
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 08:58 PM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #41  
Winter followed the two other men into the other room, but she kept an eye on the newcomers and Rembrandt, her own tail twitching only lightly as she left the room. It was hard to tell of it was her own or not, given that it only moved on occasion, and might simply be a part of her clothing, given her long, heavy furred cape.

"You don't mind if I join you, do you?" she said to Demo and Suzerain. I'm not one for larger, lengthy gatherings. I've had enough of that for the time being."
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 10:33 PM  
Desolation Denizen
"Technically speaking, we couldn't stop you from following us regardless, but, I suppose you can come. If we find somewhere lacking in an abundance of other company -- all due respect, of course, to the Queen's many honored guests, all of them, no doubt, of great renown and stature and far too worthy for such lowly company as I." Suzerain looks back over his shoulder to see if "Winter" managed to weather that storm of verbosity.
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 10:42 PM  
~!Halloween Queen!~
Default   #43  
Clearing her throat, Skuld stepped forward. "For one, kind Sir, I am certainly not shy. Quite the opposite, actually." Placing her hand on her hip, jutting it forward slightly, the woman showed the littlest of attitudes. She wasn't trying to be rude-- no. She just happened to be a little bit of a hotheaded vixen. Returning the mans smile, with a cocky one of her own, she let her hand fall to her side. "I'm called Skuld." Tipping her head towards her new found friend, she didn't think it'd be... too rude to introduce her FOR her. "And this here, is Dolly. Or.. well.. " turning towards her, Skuld bit her bottom lip. "I'm not being too brash, am I, Dolly?"

Shaking her head, the woman turned back towards Rembrandt, letting herself fall at ease. He was certainly a charmer, not bad looking, either.. if she did say so herself. But usually, the woman rarely took interest in things like that. His feline features peaked her interest, and inside, she squealed just a bit. The urge to pet him came on strong, but she held back. "Indeed, she holds nothing back. I'm very much pleased to be here, although... " Looking around, she shrugged. "I don't quite know if I belong here."
Mama bat to a beautiful baby bat <3
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 11:01 PM  
We're all mad here.
Winter doesn't appear too concered with Suzerain's extensive vocabulary. She could easily be ignoring it or just as easily not have understood a word.

"Yes, we may all go where we will, within reason," she adds, raising an eyebrow slightly, "but it does make for preferable sitting when's ones compnay is welcome, or at least tolerable."

She glances in the direction of the ball area, though there is no window or do to see through, "I have not made as many intorductions with the guests as perhaps I should have. Though I suppose, if I were the cultured one, people would be more inclined to be introduced to me." Her speech suddenly turned blunt. "Wealth does not come with admiriers."
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 11:01 PM  
Desolation Denizen
Default   #45  
"Indeed?" Suzerain falls in behind Winter. "And would that wealth be earned, or inherited? You look to have a certain... efficacy about you. Call me curious."
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 07-15-2011, 11:05 PM  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Dolly looked between the feline and the masked woman, listening to their conversation. Why she had held back in answering right away, she couldn't be certain - it wasn't something that she often did, but for some reason the man filled her with hesitation. She continued to stay by the woman, finding her presence safe and comforting.

At Skuld's question, Dolly grinned and playfully clung to her arm. "Of course not!" How could anyone have asked that of a doll? Their sole purpose was to play, after all.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 12:29 AM  
We're all mad here.
Default   #47  
Winter pauses as if in thought. "If one has only inherited wealth, one will not stay wealthy for long." She moves to a side bench set just a little away from the wall and takes a seat.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 12:46 AM  
Desolation Denizen
"And do you make your living in secrets? You're frightfully good at keeping them." Suzerain sits himself next to her, just far enough toward the end that no one will likely disturb them on that end, with enough room on the other side for Sir Demo, if he deigns to join them.

"Of course," he adds, "it's all part of the vogue for tonight, isn't it? And these nights to come. Such mysterious flair, such intriguing duplicity. What do you suppose it says about our kind that we hold this as the highest standard of our contentment, lying to each other in a grand descent of self-delusion?"
between supposed lovers.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 12:57 AM