Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Truthwatcher
Default   #2593  
Death: Someday it could happen. Both things could.

Trystan: Ah the $12 actually gets you an ebook with I think 6 shawl patterns total. The only downside is that some of the instructions are kind of confusing and there's no photo or video demonstration to help with the one really troublesome part. So I might need to contact the pattern creator to see if they can or will clarify.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 06:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
ah, so that's not too bad then - but confusing instructions are frustrating.

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 06:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Pepsi Pagan
Default   #2595  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Death by Mirrors View Post
Your name is Heather? For some weird reason I've always thought Catherine. (yeah, I'm obviously so not stalking people on Ravelry... if anyone got a creepy friend request out of the blue from NerdGorgon, that's me)

EverAshwood: I've recently tried to pick up knitting to broaden my skills and I don't think it's that hard to learn (well, let's not talk about those times I poked myself with the needle). Then again I only know one stitch so far and I have never tried lace. Actually I'd recommend you try both knitting and loom knitting if you got the chance, then pick whatever you like better. But even crochet alone can make a lot of awesome lace, so it's not a matter of have to.

Random: How about a pineapple purse? ^^ yup yup, no one asked for it, but it's so delightfully silly I'd actually walk around with one of those
AAAHHHHHHH SO CUUUTE <3 I think I have that saved on pinterest lol
also I'm a Catherine... just not spelled like that :P

Some Eclectic Witch
Ashwood's Item Quest Thread
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 06:22 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
UGH. Apparently my phone doesn't want me to respond since twice now I've been typing and had my phone send me to another page. Probably both times due to my fat fingers though.

I think, other than 1 tiny 1 peg instruction that baffles me, I have figured out most of the instructions pretty well. I had planned on actually making the Bath Cotillion shawl for a wedding present for a friend, but since the wedding was almost 2 months ago now, it's a little late for that. I do want to make it anyway though. But I want to do it first just to figure it out before I use my good yarn on it.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 06:26 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #2597  
*nods in agreement* Testing it out first always sounds like a good idea. Personally I can't even say if I understand a pattern unless I actually try each step. But hey, your average working speed makes me think we're long lost relatives ^^
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 06:33 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
So, I randomly looked up the instructions that were confusing me and I think I figured out that I was probably doing it correctly. The only issue is that one of my lacey loops where I skip a peg seems to always have a visible strand of yarn through it. And I don't know if that's my own error or if it just works out that way and is solved with blocking.
XD
I'll have to try it again once one of my blanket looms is free again.

Lol. I swear, I keep saying loom knitting is so fast and easy, yet it can take me MONTHS to finish or even get halfway on some projects. Although that is often lack of motivation caused by mental issues more than anything. And also because I get bored with projects easily.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 06:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #2599  
I still haven't started to learn loom knitting, so as far as lack of motivation goes, I win :P
(but yeah, I know the problem. Registered at a crafts forum because I thought that will encourage me to finish stuff faster, just so I actually have something to show. Turns out now I'm getting insecure because looking at the pictures I keep thinking everyone's skills are so much better than mine)
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 06:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
*throws a large round loom and a skein of lion brand homespun at you*
GO MAKE ME A SHAWL!
Lol.
But seriously, I found a super easy to follow video for loom knitting a triangle shawl. And the instructions work really well on smaller gauge looms too, for a heavier/tighter knit shawl, which also means it can be easy to customize the width of them since you can use any loom and make it as big or small as you want.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 06:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #2601  
Nah, if anything I make one for Derpy. Much smaller and faster finished xD
(but then again... you'll never know...)

So do you have a link of that video? I'm going to bed now, but it sounds like something worth checking out.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 06:59 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Yeppers! Link is here:
https://youtu.be/qGPZ1QujqcU

I still haven't actually finished my first shawl from that video, but only because I ran out of yarn and I keep forgetting to buy more. And actually, I haven't finished my second one either. But only because we're out of stock of the yarn I need.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 07:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #2603  
i've made two scarves on my looms. i might make a wide shawl/wrap on my loom one of these days.... but for me, crocheting does go rather quickly for me.

i *try* to have one project in the works at a time, but right now i have three. *sigh* one's a blanket, so that may take a while, because i get distracted after working on one thing for a long time lol

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 08:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Haha...three. That's cute.
XD

Nah, it's good to have the ability to only work on one at a time. As aforementioned, I just tend to get bored with projects, so I tend to have a lot going on. If you include the stuff that's all made but just needs assembling, I think I have 11 ongoing loom projects. Possibly one or two more, but I might frog a few for now and start them over again later.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 08:17 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Default   #2605  
ain't it cute?

ribbit. XD

~*~*~
~*~*~
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 08:52 PM Reply With Quote  
A*DIC*TED
Darn, I have a project involving flowers coming up but it won't be til after May. x(

ty bluebird for the art! :D
Old Posted 05-08-2018, 02:33 AM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #2607  
Thank you for the link, Kaderin!

Ongoing projects... let's see... I think right now I have three as well, but that's not counting things I want to do but haven't yet started on.

KittyBeary, can you start your project early? If not, there's still the option to come back later. I think so far I've only done the craftalong in time twice (and yeah, that includes May)
Old Posted 05-08-2018, 05:22 AM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
If I include my other crafts, not just loom knitting, I think I have probably close to 20 ongoing projects...
Old Posted 05-08-2018, 03:16 PM Reply With Quote