Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Queen of Typoes
Default   #2577  
yaay for Rav! feel free to add me there - i'm trystan830 XD

Rav has been my go-to place for patterns since i joined a few moons ago (march of 2012) XD

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 02:42 PM Reply With Quote  
MWAHAHAHAHA!
Loom knitting also has some nice lace stuff (look up the Bath Cotillion shawl on ravelry). And personally, I find it easier to learn than needle knitting. Tension isn't as difficult to keep even.
Kaderin's mule dragon!

^Art by Merskelly Metalien
Check out my Instagram: @derpymcblueeyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchchylde View Post
Whoa, serious Derpy is Serious! I solemnly swear not to meddle in the affairs of Derpy!
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 03:21 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #2579  
Your name is Heather? For some weird reason I've always thought Catherine. (yeah, I'm obviously so not stalking people on Ravelry... if anyone got a creepy friend request out of the blue from NerdGorgon, that's me)

EverAshwood: I've recently tried to pick up knitting to broaden my skills and I don't think it's that hard to learn (well, let's not talk about those times I poked myself with the needle). Then again I only know one stitch so far and I have never tried lace. Actually I'd recommend you try both knitting and loom knitting if you got the chance, then pick whatever you like better. But even crochet alone can make a lot of awesome lace, so it's not a matter of have to.

Random: How about a pineapple purse? ^^ yup yup, no one asked for it, but it's so delightfully silly I'd actually walk around with one of those
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 04:06 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Shhhh! Stop telling people stuff! You're ruining my sexy/mysterious image! (Pretty sure I've never actually had that image though, so....)

I legit keep forgetting to keep up with ravelry stuff. Mainly because the looming group is mostly just people showing off their projects and not really that much else tbh. Plus, I'm awkward with jumping into large groups of strangers.

Also, that pineapple purse is really cute! I probably wouldn't carry it around, myself. But I could see it being like a "summer kit" type bag that I put inside my big messenger bag so I always have essential items like lip balm and sunscreen.
Last edited by Kaderin Triste; 05-07-2018 at 04:20 PM.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 04:12 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #2581  
Heather is a cool name. Like Heather Alexander, voice both sexy and mysterious.

I'm keeping up with ravelry stuff mainly because I'm in a crochet challenge group (three groups, actually, but so far I've mostly competed in one of them, done a single challenge in the second and keep telling myself one day I will participate in the third) and uploading pictures reminds me how I have improved over the months.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 04:40 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
But my voice isn't like that! I don't really hate my name, but it was SUPER common the year I was born. Throughout all og school, there was always at least 1 other Heather in my class and they were always cooler and more popular than I am.

I am bad at uploading on Ravelry. I do share projects on Facebook at least every few months though.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 04:46 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #2583  
I never heard your voice, so I can't answer properly :P but being cool and popular is overrated. You're creative and smart, that's so much better.

My name's not that common around here, but the one my mom first wanted to give me was. She decided against it when she realized there were at least three other kiddos by the same name in our street.

And I'm not on Facebook, so I won't even try to stalk there. You'll have to share here in this thread every once in a while ^^
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 04:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
When I hear my recorded speaking voice, I think it sounds like a whiny child. But I could just think that because I know it's me.
I can't say what my singing voice is like. But I'm probably pretty pitchy and not a great singer. Someday I might actually participate in the annual (so far at least 2 years...) Christmas song contest on here. If I can get a way to record properly...
XD

Yeah, I'll have to share some pics. Just as soon as I can solve my phone image uploading issues...
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 05:01 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #2585  
It's probably because you know it's your voice. I also think mine sounds terrible, and as a child I even deliberately recorded myself talking with fake voices because I wanted to find one I actually like and make that the everyday way I talk.

Heeey, speaking of it, have you tried if uploading audio files also makes chrome crash? Just asking for technical reasons and because I'm curious to hear your voice
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 05:07 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
Where would one upload audio files...?
*is not recording self for sake of uploading, just curious to test*
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 05:10 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #2587  
I used Vocaroo last time.
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 05:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
*bookmarks site for future reference*
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 05:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #2589  
...you're going to sing for us this Christmas? *innocent smile*
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 05:45 PM Reply With Quote  
Truthwatcher
If I'm able to find a place where I will be 100% not overheard by anyone local, yeah probably. But since I hopefully won't still be at the museum where I get treated worse than a pile of shit by my boss, the odds of that are kind of slim...
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 05:49 PM Reply With Quote  
Writer
Default   #2591  
Crossing my fingers for you to find a better job, but definitely curious to hear you sing one day ^^
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 05:55 PM Reply With Quote  
Queen of Typoes
Kaderin - that Bath Cotillion shawl is awesome! (but $12! o_O)

Death - the pineapple purse is adorable! =) (but too small for me...)

currently reading: Wind by Erin Hunter (#23) | currently watching: Severance
~*~*~
dragoncave | magistream | ravelry | faenaria | goodreads
snap / insta / discord ~ trystan830 | she / her / hers
~*~*~
"you are some kind of like 20th level string witch" ~Mekatra
"You're the highest level string witch I know too" ~ZenKitty
~*~*~
me... by Glitch!
~*~*~
Old Posted 05-07-2018, 06:01 PM Reply With Quote