Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Moderation Admin
Default   #33  
I was thinking about going back a while ago, Uma, but I doubt they would have taken me. I've heard they're very distrustful of mods coming back after some serious drama. If I did go back, it would have to be more than a Forum Assistant position.

I sure hope that they notice that this environment is toxic and bad in the long term. They are a unique site and I'd hate to see them taken down by shortsightedness. I really want the old Gaia to succeed. *nods*

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Trisphee Site Rules | Sei's Hideout
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 11:19 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
What happened that they don't trust Mods?
It's me.
Old Posted 03-17-2014, 11:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #35  
I don't know - like I said, I heard rumors from some of my friends that were on staff longer than I was that there was some big drama and now they're very strict about older mods coming back.

Galla: always, all the time, a galla has no tolerance for it, and galla has all the tolerance.

Old Posted 03-17-2014, 11:38 PM Reply With Quote  
The Weaver of Tales
If I might chip in just two cents....
I would gladly support Gaia if it went back to the way it was. Flynn's Booty and a lot of the other cash-cow stuff just... drives the price of things - even GOLD items - up way, way too much. I don't have enough gold to compete, so I have to drop out of 'the race' and stick with the items I have.

I remember when I was free enough to just GIVE stuff away. ... Now, I'm hoarding my items like a miser. Not because I WANT to, but because I NEED to. If there is another boom in gold-prices, I need to have some set aside for myself, and I can't if I have no old items to sell.
Old Posted 03-18-2014, 01:24 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #37  
I have all sorts of older donation items, early EI items, and other rare things... along with 300k. When I log onto Gaia, I'm still considered poor by today's standards. Sure, I could sell some older items, but once you sell those now, you're out of the race. Like you said, I'm holding onto my items in case I ever want to go back because there's no way for me to get even 1/10th of what I have obtained over the years. It's really quite a shame.

Old Posted 03-18-2014, 01:28 PM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
Were we mods at the same time Sei? There were a lot of moderators so maybe we never interacted. I thought about going back to modding there but it was a lot of work. *sweat* Also I am a mod elsewhere now so kinda busy.

Sure would have been nice if they did not have such a profit margin attitude. *sigh* Well, one can hope that they will invest it back into Gaia to make it a better place but I don't see that happening.
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 03-19-2014, 01:13 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #39  
We probably were. Were you a helper first, or were you modded outright?

According to my profile: I was invited to be a Dedicated Moderator on January 26th, 2005, and became a Global Moderator in October of 2005. From then on I also did other things on staff that weren't moderation-based. I was also a Forum Assistant from 2009 - 2010.

I used to be mostly Q&F -> Q&A/SF and Barton Town (and subforums).

Old Posted 03-19-2014, 04:41 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Oh wow that's a lot of things you did within those years. :o
It's me.
Old Posted 03-19-2014, 04:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #41  
Gaia was a wonderful place back then - if you wanted to do more and could prove you were ready, they always had something for you. I learned a lot during my years there, and the staff really was a family. I miss a lot of them. *nods*

Old Posted 03-19-2014, 05:00 PM Reply With Quote  
-:-o}}}-O-{{{o-:-
I was a helper for half a year in 2005. Then in December 2005 I became a moderator. I was stoked because Gaia at that time was so exciting! What a great place to be able to help out and also be a user. I really liked it. Nowadays, it is confusing there for a lot of people I think because of not getting the financial mindset and not trusting the people in charge.
I used to have a sig. Really.
Old Posted 03-19-2014, 06:42 PM Reply With Quote  
Moderation Admin
Default   #43  
I knew your name looked familiar! I do remember you, although I don't think we ever really crossed paths. By the time you were a forum mod I was moved to the bottomless pit that is A/H reports. xD

Man, can we invent a time machine? I really want one now.

Old Posted 03-19-2014, 06:56 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
*Attempts to build one but it explodes* Working on it P:
It's me.
Old Posted 03-19-2014, 09:44 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #45  
I did create a WABAC machine recently... The only problem is that it runs on flatulence and bad jokes...

Old Posted 03-19-2014, 10:38 PM Reply With Quote  
Lil' Inkling
Oh dude do I have a brother that can supply both! XD
It's me.
Old Posted 03-19-2014, 10:57 PM Reply With Quote  
Forward Thinker
Default   #47  
Well, the obvious solution, apart from illusion's fart based time machine, is to make trisphee big and exciting (and without blatant cash grabs), thus giving you back the feeling, yeah? :P
Old Posted 03-20-2014, 11:42 AM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
.... Sounds like too much work.
Now about that brother....

Old Posted 03-20-2014, 07:58 PM Reply With Quote