Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

The Rose Prince
Default Heavy Rain...?   #1  
Going to start playing it now-what are your thoughts on it? It is completely new gameplay-did you like it?

And how many of you played with your child in the beginning or ignored him completely? XD
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 01:44 AM Reply With Quote  
Posty McPostsALot
I never played the game, but I heard the controls were the only funky problem. The storyline should be fantastic, or so I was told by the pros.
Old Posted 06-07-2011, 01:55 AM Reply With Quote  
One Fish
Default   #3  
hmm, never heard of it before

↳↓-will accept art requests-↓↲
Old Posted 06-14-2011, 12:08 PM Reply With Quote  
Toyota
Heavy rain is so frieken bad ass. I beat it 3 times even you know they say your only supposed to play it once.

If you're planning on skipping the bulk of this text and heading straight to the review score to decide whether or not you should play through Heavy Rain, just know this: the game starts slow. It'll take you a couple hours to get into the meat of the experience and for things to really pick up, but once it does, you'll be on the edge of your seat until the end and you won't want to put the controller down. In other words, if you stick with it, Heavy Rain will give you a ride like you rarely see in games.

Having said that, it's also worth quickly pointing out that I'm going to keep this review completely spoiler-free, so feel free to read it without fear of anything being ruined for you (and trust me, you don't want anything ruined).

Quantic Dream's last title, dubbed Indigo Prophecy in North America and Fahrenheit pretty much everywhere else, tried to bridge together intricate storytelling with gameplay by using what were essentially quick-time events (think Dragon's Lair). A button prompt appears on the screen, and if you press it in time, the game continues and you get another one. If you don't, you fail and usually wind up staring at the words "Game Over".
Old Posted 06-26-2011, 02:14 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #5  
I loved this game despite how much it made me want to look away at times. I played through the whole game once and hope to own it at some point.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 10:36 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
I thought the game looked interesting, my girlfriend played it and loved it. We had to return it though before I got around to playing it.
Old Posted 07-16-2011, 10:52 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #7  
heh we really need to buy it hoshi, I really loved that game.
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 05:20 PM Reply With Quote  
THIS. IS. SPAR -shot- ... *gurgle*
I am considering it Duet. But it is still a bit pricey right now.
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 05:34 PM Reply With Quote  
Blue Fish
Default   #9  
agreed... but i still think it would be worth buying.
Old Posted 07-17-2011, 11:39 PM Reply With Quote  
Toyota
Psh! Buy it off ebay you guys! You can get it for like $20 on there. Now that's a smart shopper!
Old Posted 08-03-2011, 02:19 AM Reply With Quote