Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Platypus
Default Anger issues...   #1  
I've been finding lately, that I've become more and more irritable.

I mean... it's very quick, spontaneous outbursts that once it happens I feel bad, but they just come out of nowhere, and I feel like this has been building over the years. It started with just getting a little frustrated easily, but it's built to that I will get incredibly angry and upset with someone over a small transgression.

Like tonight, I was watching Walking Dead, and my dad sat down and changed the channel on me. Now normally, sure, it's a little irritating, but I always just go elsewhere. It's not like it's the only TV in the house. But this time, I kept glaring at my dad and when he asked me what was wrong, I kept snapping at him that I could care less about his show, and that I was watching my own show, to the point that I actually yelled at him because he continually asked me 'why I was mad', which in itself was making me even more upset because I had literally *just* told him why I was mad, and he would ask me again shortly after.

And I keep getting mad at my boyfriend over little things, too, but that's another few stories of me getting mad over small potatoes.

Does the pill do anything to mess with my emotional state? Because I think that these anger issues really only started until after that... Or maybe I've just become sick of everything and I need to completely transplant myself.

I don't know, but I don't feel like me anymore.
Old Posted 03-17-2013, 11:50 PM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Birth control can cause it and you may want to talk to your doctor, I know that some of my past birth controls have caused some lovely side effects including but not limited to weight gain, huge emotional mood swings, and severe cramps. They suggest trying it for 3 months and if it doesn't even out state it to your doctor, but some extreme things you need to tell then immediately.
Also if you are on a generic birth control you may have to switch pharmacies, as they typically carry only one brand of generic for each main birth control prescription Alesse = Lutera, Portia, Aviane, Amethyst
Old Posted 03-18-2013, 12:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Platypus
Default   #3  
Well I never mentioned any problems to my doctors because initially the whole reason I went on them was that my period came every two months, not every month like it should have. So naturally, when I wasn't doing anything, that was the best thing ever. But once I was with guys, it was important. So by the three months there weren't any notable side effects, aside from the regulation.

But since it just seems to have snowballed from there, I might go back and ask for something else.

I'm on Trinessa now, so I don't know if that's one of the big contenders for mood swings.
Old Posted 03-18-2013, 12:57 AM Reply With Quote  
Lynx Rufus
Look it up online, it should state by peer review if people seem to experience the side effects. I know that Seasonique is one of the worst for mood swings it is the one where you get a period every 3 months.
Old Posted 03-18-2013, 01:01 AM Reply With Quote  
Platypus
Default   #5  
Hm... okay. I'll go take a look. Thank you. ^^
Old Posted 03-18-2013, 01:02 AM Reply With Quote  
The ever amazing cap'n obvious
When I first started birth control, I got very irritable and moody. I yelled at my fiancee for not putting milk in the scrambled eggs and then I cried. It was a completely silly, small thing but I made such an outburst about it! After a few months, my body got accustomed to the hormones, and my mood stabilized and I act more or less normal now. If you started out normal while taking your pills at first and then started getting irritable after adjusting to the pill, it's definitely something to talk to your doctor about. Everybody reacts differently to different brands of birth control and sometimes it can take a few tries to find one that works for you without bad side effects.

This signature intentionally left blank.

Old Posted 03-18-2013, 12:54 PM Reply With Quote