Home Forums Shops Trade Avatar Inbox Games Donate

Not Logged In

Problem to the Solution
Default Trisphee's 2015 Halloween Event Pre-Planning   #1  
Hello and a good October to all of you Trisphee users out there! What with days getting chilly, we all know what we're excited about: Halloween, and all the events that entails! So you ask, what is Trisphee planning for this event?

Stuff!

We have a host of things in the works for all you users out there, and I wanted to get your opinion on them. So without further ado, I present the Lists of Things We Shall Be Doing. (Not catchy, but work with me)

1) Writing Contest!

Some of you know that I've been playing around with this, and a few of you have even profited off of it! Now we're going to step it up a notch for Halloween. We're looking at an event contest where you, the users can write up a short story from three different spooky prompts, giving you options in how you win! Prizes for this particular contest are still in the works, but I feel that this iteration would give users the flexibility and time (we're looking at a 3 week period) to tackle a story how they however they like.

2) Avatar Contest!

Let's be honest, besides the disproportionate amount of candy, this time of the year is all about dressing up, and what better place to do it than Trisphee? Your makeup can't run, no one can wrinkle or bend your props, and your avatar doesn't have to worry about sweating inside that suit. Best of all if you're snazzy enough, there'll be something in it for you! This classic event is pulling out the stops again for all of those looking to impress with their dress. Themes are to be announced closer to the actual contest.

3) Event Shop!

Event Shop specific items that will be exclusive? Check. Admiration and envy of those who weren't able to get in on it? Check. Make sure to grab this year's set before they disappear. Something something spooky!

4) RIGS!

No Trisphee event is complete without a RIG set! Of course all RIG stuff can be earned by posting, as well as purchasable in the shop. But wait! Did you get too many of the same item? Is one the equivalent of getting a pencil in your treat bag? Never fear! They're resellable for currency if you're simply not feeling it.

5) User Interactive Murder Mystery!

When six visitors with tangled pasts get together on a dark and foreboding night, it can only mean one thing - Murder! In this event that moves with the users, death will descend upon an unfortunate character. It will be up to the users to read what has happened, check for clues, and interview the remaining guests to figure out who the killer is and what links them to it. All of Trisphee will be able to participate and decide who they accuse and how, and will be responsible for the capture or consequences. Will the murderer kill again? Can they claim the other guests? Are there more sinister designs at work in the shadows? It will be up to Trisphee to find out in...Murder at Scrimshaw Manor! But I'm sure you're asking "Gee Salone, that sounds okay, but what's in it for me?" How about an exclusive item for the event? You heard right! Nab the killer and win an exclusive item for solving the dastardly deed.

So Trisphee, what we need from you is thoughts! Ideas! What else do you wish to see this Halloween? Do you have any suggestions for things you would like to see? Comment below and tell us what you think we should know!
Old Posted 10-06-2015, 01:36 AM Reply With Quote  
Tattooed & foul-mouthed
Very much liking the possibility to resell duplicate items for currency *eyes her collection of last year's items and sweatdrops*

What about games in the games section? Things like matching games, and puzzles?
I use She/Her and They/Them pronouns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gallagher
i'm not being biased, den just speaks my language
Roll4It Dice RP Server | Buy me a Ko-Fi? | Make a Nerd's Christmas?
Old Posted 10-06-2015, 03:02 AM Reply With Quote  
Wayward Victorian Doll
Default   #3  
I missed the last writing contest, it seems... -cracks knuckles- ...But I'll be here for the next one.
I agree with Den. Puzzles, please!
Also... art contest??
Old Posted 10-06-2015, 12:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeDolly View Post
I missed the last writing contest, it seems... -cracks knuckles- ...But I'll be here for the next one.
I agree with Den. Puzzles, please!
Also... art contest??
Art! Art contest! Yeeeeees, I think an art contest could be discussed. It's on the table. We're synergizing plans and diversifying something something exploring new paradigms, yeeeees.

EDIT: Den, no harm in asking! Although I am no program jockey, so I have no idea what that would entail. That one will have to be directed towards our resident coding president Coda!
Last edited by Salone; 10-06-2015 at 01:04 PM.
Old Posted 10-06-2015, 12:48 PM Reply With Quote  
Pixels
Default   #5  
Is that a guild wars joke? >.>

Old Posted 10-06-2015, 01:02 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter View Post
Is that a guild wars joke? >.>
Whiiiich part?
Old Posted 10-06-2015, 01:05 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #7  
1) Not enough people will enter and they we're always the most iffy in terms of participates in the past. I say save yourself the trouble and go with something else. (Still if there are more than 4 people up for it then go for it. :D)

2) Everyone enters these and always they're a ton of fun.

3) + 4) So uh. RIGS orrr an Event shop is the question here. What's the point of an event shop if there are RIGS and vice versa? Just throw a bunch of single posed items in a RIG, make the RIG somewhat cheap in terms of event currency (10-15 event currency = 10-15 posts), and that makes it more fun as people will be pulling for the item they want. Throw in other things like 5 runes, recolors of some past items (just 1 pose though) and things like that.
AND! If you decide to go the RIG route, make the event prizes runes AND Rig boxes. I'm sure everyone would hunt for a rare Pumpkin Orange version of the original Yearly items. (1 pose though.)

Fill the RIG's with hundreds of prizes and actually make some rarer then others.

The reason why I say RIG's rather than the traditional shop of items is just for experiment purposes. See how it works out. If someone didn't get the item they want their post more to get it. (I know I would.) You need to be increasing forum activity in this event, so you need to be using everything at your disposal and use every weapon you have.

And maybe have even more expensive currency RIG boxes that take out the common items. (But still the odds are against you.) Just make sure the items in this RIG aren't exclusive to this event and will be back every year.

5) Yes and the way you have this set up works perfectly. You can have a set story. Great idea entirely, especially with an exclusive reward. (I like that you guys are trying to make rare items, it's something people need, we need items people are willing to work for or desire. The marketplace died because the lack of rarity. Well that along with other reasons...)

Some other ideas:

6) Give people rewards for huge threads in the event forum, currency, boxes. And let it be concurrent with the event as well. So someone made 300 non-spam posts in a thread for the event, give them RIG box or currency equivalent to a RIG box. let people who are creating activity be rewarded.

7) Try another refer contest again and have members join, and maybe cheat a little and make it a contest to bring old members back as well with the older member confirming they came back because of ___ member. Make an exclusive prize for this that is desirable, but allow the prize to be brought back each refer contest. (A trophy, or better yet a piece of paper with IOU on it.)

8) Get a notification if you we're poked and how many times by a person. Maybe call it "You've been spooked 24 times." Just go to that person's profile and press a spook button. (Make it so it rewards 1 event currency per day or something.) Nothing too special about it, but it helps get peoples attention and start a conversation out of nowhere.

... I can keep on talking with more ideas in my head. But long story short make this event about recharging Trisphee again and bringing new ideas to the table. We know the old system from the past 3 years hasn't worked out, so change it up a bit, experiment with ideas that has a certain end goal or effect, keep it fun and creative. And let the events feed your excitement on making the next event and so on.

Last edited by Illusion; 10-06-2015 at 01:45 PM.
Old Posted 10-06-2015, 01:43 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Its been so long since trisphee had an event! I must say I am looking forward in participating in in the posting and getting those items. Not to mention the contest. It has been awhile since pinkie had a chance to this stuff
~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Old Posted 10-06-2015, 02:08 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Default   #9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink pantzer View Post
Its been so long since trisphee had an event! I must say I am looking forward in participating in in the posting and getting those items. Not to mention the contest. It has been awhile since pinkie had a chance to this stuff
*Glomps pinkie*

Don't leave us evuuur again! D:

Old Posted 10-06-2015, 02:09 PM Reply With Quote  
Problem to the Solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illusion View Post
*Glomps pinkie*

Fire nets! Do not let that Trisphee user escape again!

I mean, uh, I am glad you're looking forward to it pantzer! We're going to try to pull out as many bells and whistles as possible to give everyone a good time and a reason to have fun on Trisphee.

And Illusion, no worries on turnout there. Even if it is slow going for the writing bits, we'll still do it. Everyone has different talents, and I think it's fun to see what different people can do across different mediums of communication...even if I only get two entries! Definitely making you stick to the rules this time though! =P
Old Posted 10-06-2015, 02:18 PM Reply With Quote  
Rainbows and stuff
Default   #11  
Quote:
*Glomps pinkie*

lol I never left I lurk...=ninja=
~*~*~*~*~*~ ♥...If you will have me we shall be...♥~*~*~*~*~*~
~*~*~*~*~*~♥ ...Together forever and a day...♥ ~*~*~*~*~*~
Old Posted 10-06-2015, 02:29 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pink pantzer View Post
lol I never left I lurk...=ninja=
LIES. Dirty LIIIEES

Old Posted 10-06-2015, 02:35 PM Reply With Quote  
Derp
Default   #13  
Quote:
LIES. Dirty LIIIEES
Ur face is a dirty lie.
/ fleeeeeees.
nighty's sig in under construction.
Old Posted 10-06-2015, 02:50 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare View Post
Ur face is a dirty lie.
/ fleeeeeees.
Your... Your mask is dirty! D:

Old Posted 10-06-2015, 03:04 PM Reply With Quote  
Developer
Default   #15  
Selling back event items is a bit of a technical challenge, sadly. (Not insurmountable, but a LOT of work.) It's also simply not a good idea at all if we're selling RIGs and not individual items.
Games by Coda (updated 4/15/2024 - New game: Call of Aether)
Art by Coda (updated 8/25/2022 - beatBitten and All-Nighter Simulator)

Mega Man: The Light of Will (Mega Man / Green Lantern crossover: In the lead-up to the events of Mega Man 2, Dr. Wily has discovered emotional light technology. How will his creations change how humankind thinks about artificial intelligence? Sadly abandoned. Sufficient Velocity x-post)
Old Posted 10-06-2015, 03:14 PM Reply With Quote  
The Illusionist
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coda View Post
Selling back event items is a bit of a technical challenge, sadly. (Not insurmountable, but a LOT of work.) It's also simply not a good idea at all if we're selling RIGs and not individual items.
That and it's a good idea to have an excess of event items to give away to newer members, is it possible to code for a Garbage Dive-Like game where people can trash old items and people can fish them out? Isn't that called a tumble or tubble or something like that in coding?

Just allow members to dump an unlimited amount of items to a inventory, then if people want a random trash item then every hour or something like that they can click a receive button and a random item in that dump.

Last edited by Illusion; 10-06-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old Posted 10-06-2015, 03:17 PM Reply With Quote